Is the Law of Moses good or bad?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Okay.

But is it a right that I have as a United States Citizen?
Yes, but the US law has it backwards.

It says you have a right to a speedy trial as a criminal.

The Bible says that it's the victims of a crime that have that right, not the criminal.

Right Divider

Body part
I do not.

I've looked ahead here so I see and know that I am wrong in this.

I would have said something like the Law guarantees a trial (learned here) but it is either the Constitution or the Bill of Rights that guarantees or assures a speedy trial.

What say you?
I think that you're thinking that you're mixing things up.

Right Divider

Body part

The Bible says that it's the victims of a crime that have that right, not the criminal.
I think that you're making the assumption that anyone accused of a crime is guilty.
Our system is supposed to assume innocence until proven guilty.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Why not if you are innocent? In other words, the right is to citizens, not criminals. If someone thinks that I have done something it assures that the courts will not long deliberate. That if innocent I will soon go free. Or that I am still free if I am not proven guilty.

I have been told before that I have a right to a trial, but I had not done anything wrong.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I think that you're making the assumption that anyone accused of a crime is guilty.

Not at all, though I see why you'd think that.

Our system is supposed to assume innocence until proven guilty.

In court, we rightly and justly presume innocence until proven guilty. (Deuteronomy 22:22-27)

In reality, though, someone who commits a crime is guilty the moment they commit a crime, regardless of what a judge says.

Right Divider

Body part
Not at all, though I see why you'd think that.

In court, we rightly and justly presume innocence until proven guilty. (Deuteronomy 22:22-27)

In reality, though, someone who commits a crime is guilty the moment they commit a crime, regardless of what a judge says.
In the case of the guilty, no argument there.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
watched that yesterday - i was entranced - felt sorry for the woman - not sure why she thought her argument was worth putting forward, but by gum, it was her job to put it forward every way she could figure to and she did her darndest
Yeah. It's probably a case of: Behind every female lawyer is a guy too cowardly to do the dirty work himself.