Is the Law of Moses good or bad?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If God is God, then he is capable of doing everything he wants. Would you agree with that?

I mean, God is the most powerful being there is, the wisest, and the best...right? He is perfect in wisdom, and understanding, he is kind and just. But, he is all powerful, right? That means he can’t be stopped. Anything he wishes, he is capable of having....anything.

I hope you’ll agree, because although all of that seems completely obvious to me, well, other people around here don’t seem to think like I do.

So, Jacob....I said all that to say this. If God thought people needed killing, he could get it done, couldn’t he? I mean, think about how easily he could make anyone, or everyone just disappear? It would be nothing to the one with the power to make this universe, and every other universe.

But that’s not how he works. By observation we know that it is people who kill other people.

TBC

For people to disappear at God's hand, or to be killed by God directly, is theoretically possible. But it is probably not how it is done.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Well, between the Old Testament and the Koran these claims have been made. But the Koran is a different religion. If you take Judeo-Christian and the Bible can we find this and not understand it in truth or can we find an explanation for whatever it is that can be found? In other words, yes murder is killing people. But killing someone may not be murder if it is a death penalty. Could God flood the earth? Yes. Could He command that people die? That might be the question. If people who are not crazy could be justified for killing in the name of God. If they did what God wanted. And if no innocent people died.

It seems like maybe you’re asking me to provide the addresses in the Bible where these atrocities are found. I don’t understand that. How is it that I know the Bible better than people who claim to believe that the Bible is the Word of God?

There is one obvious answer to that. They really don’t read it or study it that much. Believing the Bible is the word of God is their religion. They pay it lip service, but they don’t really spend much time in it.

Or, maybe they just accept it on blind faith because their parents did. Or maybe it’s as simple as believing it because it says “God” in it. IDK

But God didn’t kill those people, and he didn’t have Moses do his dirty work....not the real God that is.

And that’s about all I have to say about it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It seems like maybe you’re asking me to provide the addresses in the Bible where these atrocities are found. I don’t understand that. How is it that I know the Bible better than people who claim to believe that the Bible is the Word of God?

There is one obvious answer to that. They really don’t read it or study it that much. Believing the Bible is the word of God is their religion. They pay it lip service, but they don’t really spend much time in it.

Or, maybe they just accept it on blind faith because their parents did. Or maybe it’s as simple as believing it because it says “God” in it. IDK

But God didn’t kill those people, and he didn’t have Moses do his dirty work....not the real God that is.

And that’s about all I have to say about it.

You spoke of Moses and prophets and you seemed kind of blind in saying that. Like you don't really know what you are talking about. Do you believe that Moses ordered people dead in the name of God against what God wanted?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
You spoke of Moses and prophets and you seemed kind of blind in saying that. Like you don't really know what you are talking about. Do you believe that Moses ordered people dead in the name of God against what God wanted?

Jacob....I’m done here. If you want answers, you’ll have to read for yourself.

Right Divider

Body part
Argument Jesus did not write the Torah (Pentateuch/Bible)or direct it’s writing.

1. The Torah calls for the murder of innocent children.

2. Jesus loves the children, all the children of the world.

3. Love does no harm to a neighbor.

4. Jesus believes all children are Gods children and important to him.

5. Jesus believes in loving ones enemies, not killing them.

6. Jesus does not violate his beliefs because of his strong character.

Therefore, Jesus did not instruct Moses to murder the children spoken of in the Bible nor would he accept the murder of children as a righteous act. He would consider it the sin of murder, as he considered the killing of the prophets the sin of murder.
Jesus, being God, is the author of all the Bible.

Please clearly specify the passage in the Bible that YOU THINK calls for "the murder of innocent children".

eleos

Law of Moses - the ceremonial laws

(excluding the 10 commandments - moral law as they are eternal)

The ceremonial or provisional law was added because of the transgression of the moral law. The ceremonial law consisted of ordinances, ceremonies and sacrifices in the sanctuary system that pointed to the future redemption through Jesus Christ. This law typified the mysteries contained in the plan of redemption in Jesus. In the celebration of the Passover feast and the first fruit offering required to the Jewish people, God gave specifications to be observed that clearly represented Christ. The Bible says "Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning. The first of the first fruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God" (Exodus 34:25-26). The apostle Paul says: "Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us" (1 Corinthians 5:7). Concerning the first fruit offering he later writes: "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming" (1 Corinthians 15:20-23).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Law of Moses - the ceremonial laws

(excluding the 10 commandments - moral law as they are eternal)

The ceremonial or provisional law was added because of the transgression of the moral law. The ceremonial law consisted of ordinances, ceremonies and sacrifices in the sanctuary system that pointed to the future redemption through Jesus Christ. This law typified the mysteries contained in the plan of redemption in Jesus. In the celebration of the Passover feast and the first fruit offering required to the Jewish people, God gave specifications to be observed that clearly represented Christ. The Bible says "Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning. The first of the first fruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God" (Exodus 34:25-26). The apostle Paul says: "Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us" (1 Corinthians 5:7). Concerning the first fruit offering he later writes: "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming" (1 Corinthians 15:20-23).

Why do you say that the Law of Moses is the ceremonial law and that the Ten Commandments is the moral law? Why do you say that the Ten Commandments are eternal as the moral law?

Good scripture by the way. Very profitable.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Jesus, being God, is the author of all the Bible.

Please clearly specify the passage in the Bible that YOU THINK calls for "the murder of innocent children".

Jesus wasn't born until the reign of Herod which was hundreds of years after Moses supposedly wrote the first five books of the bible.

On the second point.....I don't THINK, I KNOW. How is it that you do not know? Perhaps its best if you just post of the passages that YOU think I have misconstrued and explain them yourself.

How about that?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus wasn't born until the reign of Herod which was hundreds of years after Moses supposedly wrote the first five books of the bible.

Try around 15 centuries before.

On the second point.....I don't THINK, I KNOW. How is it that you do not know? Perhaps its best if you just post of the passages that YOU think I have misconstrued and explain them yourself.

How about that?

Abraham came before Moses.

Jesus said:

"Before Abraham was, I AM."

Jesus existed before Abraham, because Jesus, being God, has always existed.

Right Divider

Body part
So?

Joh 1:1 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:14 KJV And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus was and is God in the flesh.

So you cannot simply QUOTE the scripture that you THINK is problematic? So typical... broad sweeping allegations.... and NO support provided.

How about that?
How about it?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So you cannot simply QUOTE the scripture that you THINK is problematic? So typical... broad sweeping allegations.... and NO support provided.

He's constantly doing this.

Several times now I've asked him to provide post numbers, Bible verses, etc, where he's "proven" his position, and he has yet to do so even once.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He's constantly doing this.

Several times now I've asked him to provide post numbers, Bible verses, etc, where he's "proven" his position, and he has yet to do so even once.

Maybe he doesn't want to, doesn't see himself doing this, or isn't for that type of thing.