Is the Holy Spirit Female?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Deal with the scriptures you conveniently left out, then I will respond to what you say in your post to me.

I'd like to keep this thread true to the actual subject, which I've expounded fairly extensively upon already, without getting into the usual 'clap-trap' of trinitarian related issues ;) - its all circular anyways. However, the facts of nature, the soul, personality and gender, these are reflections of our Creator, which likeness reflect thru-out creation. I find these much more worthy subjects than all the claims about Jesus being 'this' or 'that'.

God's Truth

I'd like to keep this thread true to the actual subject, which I've expounded fairly extensively upon already, without getting into the usual 'clap-trap' of trinitarian related issues ;) - its all circular anyways. However, the facts of nature, the soul, personality and gender, these are reflections of our Creator, which likeness reflect thru-out creation. I find these much more worthy subjects than all the claims about Jesus being 'this' or 'that'.

You are so ignorant. You know you can't defend your demonic beliefs so you insult the scriptures I gave in defense of the truth.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus is the Holy Spirit.
Jesus is not the Holy Spirit.

John 14:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

God's Truth

Jesus is not the Holy Spirit.

You say Jesus is not the Holy Spirit but the Bible says he is:

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
John 14:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jesus is explaining that HE WILL come to live with them.

Jesus says it is he who was with them and will be in them.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

John 14:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You say Jesus is not the Holy Spirit but the Bible says he is:

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Jesus is explaining that HE WILL come to live with them.

Jesus says it is he who was with them and will be in them.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Way to twist the scriptures.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You say they are separate, but the Word of God says they are not.

Believer's Bible Commentary:

Paul has been emphasizing that Christ is the key to the old Testament. Here, he reemphasizes that truth by saying, Now the Lord is the Spirit. Most versions including the NKJV, capitalize Spirit, interpreting it as the Holy Spirit. But the context suggests that the Lord is the spirit of the old testament just as "the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy". All types and shadows of the Old Testament find there fulfillment in Christ. Where the Spirit of the lord is there is liberty means that wherever Jesus Christ is recognized as Lord or Jehovah, there is liberty, that is, freedom from the bondage of the law, freedom from obscurity of reading the scriptures and freedom to gaze upon His face without a veil between.

Zeke

Spirit is sent from throne room which is in the temple 1Cor 3:6, Luke 17:20-21, Acts 17:24.

God's Truth

Believer's Bible Commentary:

Paul has been emphasizing that Christ is the key to the old Testament. Here, he reemphasizes that truth by saying, Now the Lord is the Spirit. Most versions including the NKJV, capitalize Spirit, interpreting it as the Holy Spirit.
For the translations that do not capitalize the 'S' when speaking of Jesus' Spirit...it is still understood to be speaking of the one and only Spirit come as a man's spirit.

Jesus is God the Father, who is the ONLY God.

We ARE our spirit.

Jesus came from heaven. If his Spirit did not come from heaven, then how do you ever get that he was God?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For the translations that do not capitalize the 'S' when speaking of Jesus' Spirit...it is still understood to be speaking of the one and only Spirit come as a man's spirit.

Jesus is God the Father, who is the ONLY God.

We ARE our spirit.

Jesus came from heaven. If his Spirit did not come from heaven, then how do you ever get that he was God?

You have a heretical belief contrary to Orthodox Christianity. Jesus is not the Father nor is He the Spirit. If that were so, God would have ceased to exist at the Cross.

Zeke

Are you serious, we can't agree that the man (Jesus) even existed and now you want to throw gasoline on a fire by even hinting anything about feminism in the Bible . Remember the Inquisition , the Roman Catholic Church severely reduced the female population for thoughts such as yours. Not saying that you are wrong but far stretch for me.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

John 6:63, 1Cor 15:50, physical male and female is the dead letter understanding Gal 3:28. The brain has a right and left side with male and female characteristics symbolized by allegorical types of both genders in scripture, reading it physically keeps the meaning of gender in scripture separated instead of the inward spiritual reconciliation of the mind which is the temple of God/I AM not observed by physical sight Luke 17:20-21, Acts 2:30, Acts 17:24 is where all physical marriage which is symbology takes place, or only physical females would experience spiritual birth and marriage/reconciliation, Galatians 4:20-28 reveals that it is written in symbology as does Psalms 78:2, Proverbs 1:6.

God's Truth

John 6:63, 1Cor 15:50, physical male and female is the dead letter understanding Gal 3:28. The brain has a right and left side with male and female characteristics symbolized by allegorical types of both genders in scripture, reading it physically keeps the meaning of gender in scripture separated instead of the inward spiritual reconciliation of the mind which is the temple of God/I AM not observed by physical sight Luke 17:20-21, Acts 2:30, Acts 17:24 is where all physical marriage which is symbology takes place, or only physical females would experience spiritual birth and marriage/reconciliation, Galatians 4:20-28 reveals that it is written in symbology as does Psalms 78:2, Proverbs 1:6.

God is the Father and fathers are male.

All the angels are sons of God, and they are males.

Woman was made for human males.

Last edited:

Zeke

God is the Father and fathers are male.

All the angels are son's of God, and they are males.

Woman was made for human males.
Only in the parable played/portrayed in physical dramas when taken literally will keep the inner meanings of all the scriptural rituals and structures hidden from you, unable to surpasse Matt 11:11, and proceed onward to perfection like the Father which is just a state mind that gives birth to thoughts without leaven of judgement for wrongs dones, see the prodigals Father's response no condemnation just acceptance, reconciling happens in the mind through the hearts refusal to judge, which is impossible to reach while thinking the thoughts of a child Gal 4:1 mentally under condemnation from staying bogged down with doctrines based on the elementals Hebrews 6:1-6 that were shadows of thing to come Colossians 2:17 about you being the temple of who??? you have some observable elemental truth based on paradoxical shadows of yourself in Christ and Christ in who? come on let Christ be formed/birthed in you seeing you are all things in who? Gal 3:28! lose the the gender terminology of physical meanings Gal 4:24 they are only portrayals Gal 3:1-5, Romans 2:29, as is a gentile conscience state until both are made into a newman where those terms fall away.

God's Truth

Only in the parable played/portrayed in physical dramas when taken literally will keep the inner meanings of all the scriptural rituals and structures hidden from you,

No. Just because something is a parable does not mean it can't be taken literally.

unable to surpasse Matt 11:11, and proceed onward to perfection like the Father which is just a state mind that gives birth to thoughts without leaven of judgement for wrongs dones, see the prodigals Father's response no condemnation just acceptance, reconciling happens in the mind through the hearts refusal to judge, which is impossible to reach while thinking the thoughts of a child Gal 4:1 mentally under condemnation from staying bogged down with doctrines based on the elementals Hebrews 6:1-6

Just because John the baptizer was the greatest does not mean we cannot be called great, we who preach obedience:

Matthew 5:19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

that were shadows of thing to come Colossians 2:17 about you being the temple of who??? you have some observable elemental truth based on paradoxical shadows of yourself in Christ and Christ in who? come on let Christ be formed/birthed in you seeing you are all things in who? Gal 3:28! lose the the gender terminology of physical meanings Gal 4:24 they are only portrayals Gal 3:1-5, Romans 2:29, as is a gentile conscience state until both are made into a newman where those terms fall away.

I said the Bible says God is called 'Father' and a father is a male.

I said the Bible says angels are SONS of God. Sons are males.

Male and female does not matter when one is saved. So how do you think you have disproved the truth?

Zeke

No. Just because something is a parable does not mean it can't be taken literally.

Just because John the baptizer was the greatest does not mean we cannot be called great, we who preach obedience:

Matthew 5:19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

I said the Bible says God is called 'Father' and a father is a male.

I said the Bible says angels are SONS of God. Sons are males.

Male and female does not matter when one is saved. So how do you think you have disproved the truth?

So how have you proved the dead letters are not mere shadows of their spiritual meanings? you haven't and never will, 2Cor 3:6.

Zeke

Which letters are YOU talking about? Then I will explain.

Which one is the written law/covenant being spoke as the bondage of the sons of Hagar? Gal is all about flesh verses spiritual learning, if you can't follow the lead of what 2Cor 3:6 is trying to show you what is dead verse life then you have nothing to say that would matter to me, Not interested in parabolic history lesson.