Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've tried numerous times, on this thread, to engage pops on discussion of the koranic text that he even mentioned directly in his OP - but he runs away like a child, each and every time that I extend the offer that he, himself, proffered in his OP.

No doubt, he is most leery of having his glutes handed to him on a silver platter...:rotfl:
Well, yeah.
Folks that try to blend all religions into one and the same are a hoot to watch scramble about.

popsthebuilder

What are you talking about?

I will gladly discuss the Quran. I would be more than happy to discuss it comparatively with the bible.

I've tried numerous times, on this thread, to engage pops on discussion of the koranic text that he even mentioned directly in his OP - but he runs away like a child, each and every time that I extend the offer that he, himself, proffered in his OP.

No doubt, he is most leery of having his glutes handed to him on a silver platter...:rotfl:

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Well, yeah.
Folks that try to blend all religions into one and the same are a hoot to watch scramble about.
What isn't funny to watch is how hypocrites try to divide the bounty of GOD and determine who are GOD'S and who aren't.

All belongs to GOD.

Yet people will deny it.

Last edited:

jaybird

You defeat yourself.

by not getting into a childish name calling match. ok i am defeated.

Heb 3.7 - 11

the Spirit is giving a message of Jesus. i dont see any dialogue of the Most High talki9ng back and forth between the three parts of the godhead.

Scriptures use a multiplicity of ways to describe The ONE Triune God....'us'...'we'...'our'...as this speaks of the plurality of Persons....but, still ONE God.

there is no scripture supporting this. all you have is the Gen passage, let us make man . . ." there is no way to prove the Most High is talking to Himself, He could just as easily be talking to sons of the Most High. and being as all other times in scripture He refers to Himself as "HE" the latter is much more logical.

Scores of times in scripture, the dialogue of God alternates from First-Person to Third-Person in the dialogue...thus, the only logical conclusion that one can arrive at is that Yahweh is more than one Person.
or speaking through a prophet. and if it really is thee parts of this godhead speaking to each other, how in the world did everyone miss it? all those wise men like Elijah, Samuel, Isiah, they all just couldnt figure this out? not likely.

Apple7

What are you talking about?

I will gladly discuss the Quran. I would be more than happy to discuss it comparatively with the bible.

While not divinely inspired, the Koran is an extra-Biblical confirmation to the deity of Jesus Christ, His crucifixion until death upon The Cross, His singular Resurrection on the third day, etc, etc. etc...

Apple7

or speaking through a prophet. and if it really is thee parts of this godhead speaking to each other, how in the world did everyone miss it? all those wise men like Elijah, Samuel, Isiah, they all just couldnt figure this out? not likely.

None of the prophets missed it.

Only you did...

Isaiah 51.15 - 16

But I am Yahweh your God (First-Person), stirring up the sea and making its waves roar; Yahweh of Hosts is His name (Third-Person). And I have put My Words (First-Person) in your mouth, and covered you in the shade of My hand, to plant the heavens and found the earth, and to say to Zion, You are My people.

popsthebuilder

You clearly know little about what you speak in this case.
While not divinely inspired, the Koran is an extra-Biblical confirmation to the deity of Jesus Christ, His crucifixion until death upon The Cross, His singular Resurrection on the third day, etc, etc. etc...

popsthebuilder

Yeah......no.....stretching wide aren't you?
None of the prophets missed it.

Only you did...

Isaiah 51.15 - 16

But I am Yahweh your God (First-Person), stirring up the sea and making its waves roar; Yahweh of Hosts is His name (Third-Person). And I have put My Words (First-Person) in your mouth, and covered you in the shade of My hand, to plant the heavens and found the earth, and to say to Zion, You are My people.

jaybird

"Family" was an analogy just as nation, school, committee to show how multiple persons can be one unit.
Do you know what an analogy is?
call it what you like, family, school, committee, they are all groups and they all have one thing in common, according to your theology, your not part of it.

Read the first chapter of the Bible.
GOD speaks as "us" and "our" and also as "I".
GOD also speaks of creating mankind (Adam & Eve, male and female) as "he" and "them".

Further on in scripture we also see the one nation of Israel spoken of as a he, a she, and a them and they.

This type of speech (using both singular and plural pronouns for the same unit) is not uncommon in scripture at all.
So I don't why anyone would have a problem with it.
Do you?

and that first part of Gen, you know the Most High is speaking to the other members of the godhead and NOT someone else? how do you know that? and all those other moments of creation there is no mention of "US", why is that? and why does the Most High never again refer to Himself as "us" anywhere else? and no one else refers to Him that way?

popsthebuilder

I don't have to rebuff what shows itself to be nonsense.
Super sweet and informative rebuttals from your smartphone, pops......NOT! :rotfl:

Why does it matter if I'm on a smartphone exactly? I can access whatever you can when it comes to sacred texts.

Apple7

I don't have to rebuff what shows itself to be nonsense.

Why does it matter if I'm on a smartphone exactly? I can access whatever you can when it comes to sacred texts.

Can you access koranic Arabic and discuss it?

:rotfl:

popsthebuilder

Can you access koranic Arabic and discuss it?

:rotfl:
GOD hears and guides us in our native tongue.

However; if I so chose to do so, then I could. Haven't you heard of the world wide web?

It's on those little small computers too; I think they call them smartphones.

Apple7

GOD hears and guides us in our native tongue.

However; if I so chose to do so, then I could. Haven't you heard of the world wide web?

It's on those little small computers too; I think they call them smartphones.

More excuses sent from your smartphone.

Come back when you are finished...

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Considering the Apocrypha.....

Considering the Apocrypha.....

Good commentary bringing some significant points in the Apocrypha once being accepted more universally in earlier times, and the question of their removal from the standard canon, possible various reasons. - It appears probable that subtle religio-social-political currents were behind some of the changes in canon, with modifications, redactions inclusions/exclusions being affected thereby. The issue of the Septuagint is also most interesting, and if or how the masoretic text agrees with it and where it differs, if any Jewish scribes altered the text, etc.

We would note however that 'apocrypha' simply means 'hidden', 'secret' 'esoteric', 'obscure', - other 'inter-testamental works' were accepted and used by earlier followers of Jesus, such as the book of Enoch, while the term 'Son of Man' used by Enoch may have been adopted from it by Jesus himself, although other OT prophets were also referred to as a 'son of man'.

Various Jewish Apocrypha (mostly inter-testamental era) are listed here under Jews writings, sub-heading of 'Deuterocanon' and 'Pseudepigrapha'.

It would be redundant of me to say "you cant put God in a box", ...but there you have it ;)

popsthebuilder

43:78. ‘We really brought you the Truth, yet most of you were those who found the truth hard.’

2:71. He said, ‘He says, “It is indeed a cow neither broken in to plough the land nor to water the tillage, perfectly sound, no spot on her”.’ They said, ‘Now you have brought the exact truth.’ So they slaughtered her, though they had no mind to do it.

3:39. So the angels called to him as he stood praying in the Sanctuary, ‘Allâh bears you the glad tidings of John, who shall confirm the word of God and who shall be noble, utterly chaste, a Prophet from among the righteous.’

O Son of Beauty!By My spirit and by My favor! By My mercy and by My beauty! All that I have revealed unto thee with the tongue of power, and have written for thee with the pen of might, hath been in accordance with thy capacity and understanding, not with My state and the melody of My voice.

O Children of Men!Know ye not why We created you all from the same dust? That no one should exalt himself over the other. Ponder at all times in your hearts how ye were created. Since We have created you all from one same substance it is incumbent on you to be even as one soul, to walk with the same feet, eat with the same mouth and dwell in the same land, that from your inmost being, by your deeds and actions, the signs of oneness and the essence of detachment may be made manifest. Such is My counsel to you, O concourse of light! Heed ye this counsel that ye may obtain the fruit of holiness from the tree of wondrous glory.

O Ye Sons of Spirit!Ye are My treasury, for in you I have treasured the pearls of My mysteries and the gems of My knowledge. Guard them from the strangers amidst My servants and from the ungodly amongst My people.

Such things have come to pass in the days of every Manifestation of God. Even as Jesus said: “Ye must be born again.” Again He saith: “Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” The purport of these words is that whosoever in every dispensation is born of the Spirit and is quickened by the breath of the Manifestation of Holiness, he verily is of those that have attained unto “life” and “resurrection” and have entered into the “paradise” of the love of God. And whosoever is not of them, is condemned to “death” and “deprivation,” to the “fire” of unbelief, and to the “wrath” of God. In all the scriptures, the books and chronicles, the sentence of death, of fire, of blindness, of want of understanding and hearing, hath been pronounced against those whose lips have tasted not the ethereal cup of true knowledge, and whose hearts have been deprived of the grace of the holy Spirit in their day. Even as it hath been previously recorded: “Hearts have they with which they understand not.”

In another passage of the Gospel it is written: “And it came to pass that on a certain day the father of one of the disciples of Jesus had died.” That disciple reporting the death of his father unto Jesus, asked for leave to go and bury him. Whereupon, Jesus, that Essence of Detachment, answered and said: “Let the dead bury their dead.”

In like manner, two of the people of Kúfih went to ‘Alí, the Commander of the Faithful. One owned a house and wished to sell it; the other was to be the purchaser. They had agreed that this transaction should be effected and the contract be written with the knowledge of ‘Alí. He, the exponent of the law of God, addressing the scribe, said: “Write thou: ‘A dead man hath bought from another dead man a house. That house is bounded by four limits. One extendeth toward the tomb, the other to the vault of the grave, the third to the Sirát, the fourth to either Paradise or hell.’” Reflect, had these two souls been quickened by the trumpet-call of ‘Alí, had they risen from the grave of error by the power of his love, the judgment of death would certainly not have been pronounced against them.

In every age and century, the purpose of the Prophets of God and their chosen ones hath been no other but to affirm the spiritual significance of the terms “life,” “resurrection,” and “judgment.” If one will ponder but for a while this utterance of ‘Alí in his heart, one will surely discover all mysteries hidden in the terms “grave,” “tomb,” “sirát,” “paradise” and “hell.” But oh! how strange and pitiful! Behold, all the people are imprisoned within the tomb of self, and lie buried beneath the nethermost depths of worldly desire! Wert thou to attain to but a dewdrop of the crystal waters of divine knowledge, thou wouldst readily realize that true life is not the life of the flesh but the life of the spirit. For the life of the flesh is common to both men and animals, whereas the life of the spirit is possessed only by the pure in heart who have quaffed from the ocean of faith and partaken of the fruit of certitude. This life knoweth no death, and this existence is crowned by immortality. Even as it hath been said: “He who is a true believer liveth both in this world and in the world to come.” If by “life” be meant this earthly life, it is evident that death must needs overtake it.

Micah 4: 1. But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. 2. And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 3. And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 4. But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it. 5. For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever. 6. In that day, saith the LORD, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted; 7. And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever. 8. And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem. 9. Now why dost thou cry out aloud? is there no king in thee? is thy counseller perished? for pangs have taken thee as a woman in travail. 10. Be in pain, and labour to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail: for now shalt thou go forth out of the city, and thou shalt dwell in the field, and thou shalt go even to Babylon; there shalt thou be delivered; there the LORD shall redeem thee from the hand of thine enemies. 11. Now also many nations are gathered against thee, that say, Let her be defiled, and let our eye look upon Zion. 12. But they know not the thoughts of the LORD, neither understand they his counsel: for he shall gather them as the sheaves into the floor. 13. Arise and thresh, O daughter of Zion: for I will make thine horn iron, and I will make thy hoofs brass: and thou shalt beat in pieces many people: and I will consecrate their gain unto the LORD, and their substance unto the Lord of the whole earth.

Psalm 86: 8. Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works. 9. All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name. 10. For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone. 11. Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. 12. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. 13. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell. 15. But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Isaiah 56: 2. Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. 3. Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. 4. For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; 5. Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off. 6. Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; 7. Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people. 8. The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him. 9. All ye beasts of the field, come to devour, yea, all ye beasts in the forest.

popsthebuilder

James 5: 19. Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; 20. Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.