Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

Pops, if someone says they know popsthebuilder, and they say he has no son and you have a son---is that you?

If someone says they know popsthebuilder, he has no son, but you do, and, you died saving a hundred people, but they say you died of old age...do they have the right popsthebuilder, or are they mistaken?

God's Truth

The Quran along with other sacred texts teach the same things that Jesus taught for the same reasons.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Jesus taught he was the Son of God and that he would give his life for the sins of the world.

The Qur'an goes against that.

So don't lie and say the Qur'an teaches what Jesus does.

popsthebuilder

Technically we don't know if he referred to Himself as the Son of GOD or not, seeing as how the Greek word means more than just son.

Indeed the Quran does teach about the mercy and grace of GOD.

Plaese stop accusing me of lying.

Jesus taught he was the Son of God and that he would give his life for the sins of the world.

The Qur'an goes against that.

So don't lie and say the Qur'an teaches what Jesus does.

God's Truth

Technically we don't know if he referred to Himself as the Son of GOD or not, seeing as how the Greek word means more than just son.
No, we do know that he referred to himself as the son of God.
You would rather cause confusion about the Holy Bible to promote the Qur'an.

Do you think it is easier to say the Qur'an thinks Jesus is God or the Son of God?

Indeed the Quran does teach about the mercy and grace of GOD.

You threw that in and it has nothing to do with what I said.

God's Truth

What are you talking about?

I am not lying.

I will gladly go over the texts side by side to show I am not lying.

You have already tried to show it and failed.

The Qur'an doesn't teach that God's only begotten Son shed his blood on the cross to pay for our sins.

You are not telling the truth.

God's Truth

They who?

Many self proclaimed Islamic know the bible very well.

Each nation has received Messengers and prophets.

Jesus is the last Prophet. All the law and prophets are about Jesus and for Jesus.

Luke 24:44
He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

Luke 22:37
It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."

Sure there where those who were prophets after Jesus and they prophesied, but there are no more after the laying of the foundation.

popsthebuilder

My argument is that it teaches the same things as the bible in reference to how man is to live his life which is really GOD'S and a gift.

You can focus on it being antitrinitarian and act like it is some atrocity if you want. That's your choice. But the Quran teaches specifcally that Jesus is the Messiah and that GOD was within Him and gave Him HIS Spirit. you say yourself the flesh is as nothing, but can't grasp how indeed you are right, and the spirit of Jesus which is the Spirit of GOD cannot, and never did perish, though the physical Holy Temple indeed was destroyed and raised up again by GOD?

I am more than willing to compare the texts and what they teach us to do and be; but I'm not revolving any fake study around a singular Greek word or the confusion of the physical and temporal with the eternal and causal.

peace friend

I wish we could just talk without the extra stuff we have been over repeatedly.
No, we do know that he referred to himself as the son of God.
You would rather cause confusion about the Holy Bible to promote the Qur'an.

Do you think it is easier to say the Qur'an thinks Jesus is God or the Son of God?

You threw that in and it has nothing to do with what I said.

popsthebuilder

As I've stated. The Quran teaches that Jesus is the Messiah. Past that we should see about what works it teaches the believer in GOD to do. Is it not the works of man that shows them to be faithful or not?
You have already tried to show it and failed.

The Qur'an doesn't teach that God's only begotten Son shed his blood on the cross to pay for our sins.

You are not telling the truth.

popsthebuilder

Jesus never said there would be no messenger or prophet after Him.

In fact according to the Bible He said those who aren't against Him are on His part.

You want to say the quran is against Him because it declares He is the Messiah, judge, Word, and Spirit, because it says GOD needs no son; declaring only One GOD!?
Jesus is the last Prophet. All the law and prophets are about Jesus and for Jesus.

Luke 24:44
He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

Luke 22:37
It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."

Sure there where those who were prophets after Jesus and they prophesied, but there are no more after the laying of the foundation.

popsthebuilder

It is apparent from the non- biased reading of the Quran that whomever is responsible for it's original citation within the Arabic language was indeed wholly inspired/ inspirited by GOD, indeed making them A messenger of GOD.
Popsthebuilder, do you believe that Muhammad is the Messenger of God?