Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

I am saved by Jesus Christ himself. I know about him by the Holy Bible, just as it is written.

I am not going to go searching out every book out there to see if it too is from God.

popsthebuilder

I am saved by Jesus Christ himself. I know about him by the Holy Bible, just as it is written.

I am not going to go searching out every book out there to see if it too is from God.
That's all good and fine, but you can't justifiably say they aren't either.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

That's all good and fine, but you can't justifiably say they aren't either.

I can say they are not if they go against God's Written Word from the Holy Bible.

The Qur'an goes against the Holy Bible, and there is nothing you can say to change that, no matter how much you want it to be so.

From what I have read from the book of Enoch, it isn't compatible with the Holy Bible.

The scriptures say not to read too many books, and we are warned not to add to God's word.

jaybird

You read too many books. The book of Enoch has not been proven and protected and preserved. I have read some of it and have found that it has errors.

Ecclesiastes 12:12 Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

the Essenes thought it was scripture. they were the sect of John the baptist.

roman councils thought it was not scripture, they burned people alive.

popsthebuilder

I can say they are not if they go against God's Written Word from the Holy Bible.

The Qur'an goes against the Holy Bible, and there is nothing you can say to change that, no matter how much you want it to be so.

From what I have read from the book of Enoch, it isn't compatible with the Holy Bible.

The scriptures say not to read too many books, and we are warned not to add to God's word.
We are talking about the book of Enoch right this moment.

It is Canon for some sects of Christianity.

So is your bible better than theirs?

Also; show the verses that say not to read and seek

meshak

BANNED
Banned
the Essenes thought it was scripture. they were the sect of John the baptist.

roman councils thought it was not scripture, they burned people alive.

those who canonized people were violent ones.

they also made up doctrine to persecute Christians too.

God's Truth

I already showed you the scripture that says not to read too many books.

You should remember what your opponent says.

popsthebuilder

I already showed you the scripture that says not to read too many books.

You should remember what your opponent says.
You should try answering a question for once instead of trying to divert attention.

It's okay to answer questions you know.

I will ask one last time;

Do you think your version of the bible is better or more sacred or more inspired than the Coptic Ethiopian bible which contains the book of Enoch?

Please do not say that you already answered because you have not.

God's Truth

You should try answering a question for once instead of trying to divert attention.

It's okay to answer questions you know.

I will ask one last time;

Do you think your version of the bible is better or more sacred or more inspired than the Coptic Ethiopian bible which contains the book of Enoch?

Please do not say that you already answered because you have not.

Of course I think that. Is that a serious question? Do you think I would not have studied another book if I thought it was more sacred?

God's Truth

The scripture you yanked out of context said nothing of the sort.

Scripture is God's written Word and it is not out of context to use, unless you think only Galatians can read Galatians, and Corinthians can only read Corinthians, etc.

God's Truth

You can't even defend the Qur'an, but you want to venture into the book of Enoch.

God knew what would be in the Holy Bible, the most used Bible, the Bible you first heard of Jesus.

Tell me how the book of Enoch is something that should be debated, when it contradicts the Holy Bible in which you came to be saved?

Did Noah build the ark, or did angels help build it?

This is how you can know if this is from God or not...how does this show that man obeyed? No, it does no such thing. Discard all of it because there is error.
So is the trinity and so is Calvinism.

Is it my Bible and not your Bible?

Are you still seeking for God?

Let me help you.

popsthebuilder

You can't even defend the Qur'an, but you want to venture into the book of Enoch.

God knew what would be in the Holy Bible, the most used Bible, the Bible you first heard of Jesus.

Tell me how the book of Enoch is something that should be debated, when it contradicts the Holy Bible in which you came to be saved?

This is how you can know if this is from God or not...how does this show that man obeyed? No, it does no such thing. Discard all of it because there is error.

Let me help you.
You can help by explaining why you think your personal version of the bible is more sacred than other versions of the bible.

Then you can show within context scripture that supports your false claim that we aren't to read and seek through any means.

popsthebuilder

Of course I think that. Is that a serious question? Do you think I would not have studied another book if I thought it was more sacred?
How would you ever know if another book is sacred if you don't read it without preconceived bias?

So you actually think that your versions of the bible are sacred but other versions of the Canon bible are not.

So that would mean that you think those of the Etheopian Coptic church are lead astray by the Canon bible.

Super logic

popsthebuilder

Let me help you.
I defended and do defend the Quran. If you go back and look you would see that your last response was that the word son isn't misused.

So son doesn't mean GOD to you or King or Lord, or the Spirit, or follower, or kind of GOD or descendant of GOD. it strictly means son, even though I showed you the literal Greek translations.

You are very deluded to think I you have faught for anything and moreso if you think you have won something.

You do little more than chase your own tail in fevered desperation, while accusing and taking singular verses from scripture in a poor attempt to verify your personal interpretations.

I'm still waiting on the scripture showing is to read no other book, or that reading is bad, or that the bible is Christ.

While your at it you can go ahead and give scripture showing that the "Word" denotes Jesus specifically and not the Spirit of GOD.

You seem to throw out scripture when it suits your fancy; what about the words of Jesus that tell us who isn't against us is on our part, and that all sorts of blaspheme will be forgiven; even the blaspheme of the name of the Lord?

popsthebuilder

The purpose of the one true God in manifesting Himself is to summon all mankind to truthfulness and sincerity, to piety and trustworthiness, to resignation and submissiveness to the Will of God, to forbearance and kindliness, to uprightness and wisdom. His object is to array every man with the mantle of a saintly character, and to adorn him with the ornament of holy and goodly deeds.

Bahá’u’lláh - (Gleanings From the Writings of