Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

Zeke

Not while walking here.

It's not a good idea to go too long without remembering God's son who made it possible.

Chewing the cud is not the same as suckin' the teat.

That has some base merit, but not so much for trying to wake those/you from amnesia concerning who they really are, you still sit in darkness, play dolls/images could be part of the therapy but if they don't work then I guess you stay in the old wine skin till next go round, is this the former, latter, or end times for you?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You young'un!

1357507486592294349312.jpeg

Yep, was in elementary school in the 60's.

Zeke

Is that deodorant?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Hey sorry for poking the fire I just can't help myself, old residue from being in that same sitcom for years, Ill bow out before I get infected to much more by the worldly spirit of the graceless grace moment.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
That has some base merit, but not so much for trying to wake those/you from amnesia concerning who they really are, you still sit in darkness, play dolls/images could be part of the therapy but if they don't work then I guess you stay in the old wine skin till next go round, is this the former, latter, or end times for you?

King James Version
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Last edited:

Lon

:nono: YOUR 'new' wineskin IS my old wineskin :doh: I NEEDED a Savior. He has literally answered my prayers in ways you can only grasp in 'make-believe.' You are convinced? Okay, but I CANNOT make that journey with you. I am convinced He exists and is real Revelation 3:20

popsthebuilder

is this the former, latter, or end times for you?

That is a loaded question that I'm sure most do not understand.

Good point.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Sounds like that would hurt.

Proverbs 8:32-33King James Version (KJV)
32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

Proverbs 16:18King James Version (KJV)
18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Proverbs 8:32-33King James Version (KJV)
32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

Proverbs 16:18King James Version (KJV)
18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Good thing I'm not prideful or haughty.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
is this the former, latter, or end times for you?

That is a loaded question that I'm sure most do not understand.

Good point.

Maybe I shoulda posted this also in answering Zeke.

He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.

glorydaz

I am going to quote some fragments of other texts.

Anyone who thinks they are against GOD or the Spirit, or the Word of GOD, please feel free to state such.

Spoiler
(And since He hath ordained heat to be the source of motion and ascent and the cause of attainment to the desired goal, He hath therefore kindled with the mystic hand that Fire that dieth not and sent it forth into the world, that this divine Fire might, by the heat of the love of God, guide and attract all mankind to the abode of the incomparable Friend. This is the mystery enshrined in your Book that was sent down aforetime, a mystery which hath until now remained concealed from the eyes and hearts of men. That primal Fire hath in this Day appeared with a new radiance and with immeasurable heat. This divine Fire burneth of itself, with neither fuel nor fume, that it might draw away such excess moisture and cold as are the cause of torpor and weariness, of lethargy and despondency, and lead the entire creation to the court of the presence of the All-Merciful. Whoso hath approached this Fire hath been set aflame and attained the desired goal, and whoso hath removed himself therefrom hath remained deprived.

O servant of God! Turn thou away from the stranger, that thou mayest recognize the Friend. He indeed is a stranger who leadeth you away from the Friend. This is not the day whereon the high priests can command and exercise their authority. In your Book it is stated that the high priests will, on that day, lead men far astray, and will prevent them from drawing nigh unto Him. He indeed is a high priest who hath seen the light and hastened unto the way leading to the Beloved. Such a man is a benevolent priest and a source of illumination to the whole world.

O servant of God! Any priest who leadeth thee away from this Fire, which is the reality of the Light and the mystery of divine Revelation, is indeed thine enemy. Suffer not the words of the foe to hold thee back from the Friend or the insinuations of the enemy to cause thee to forsake the Beloved.

These are they who circle round the Cause of God even as the shadow doth revolve around the sun. Open, then, your eyes, O people of the Bayán, that haply ye may behold them! It is by virtue of their movement that all things are set in motion, and by reason of their stillness all things are brought to rest, would that ye might be assured thereof! Through them the believers in the Divine Unity have turned towards Him Who is the Object of the adoration of the entire creation, and by them the hearts of the righteous have found rest and composure, could ye but know it! Through them the earth hath been established, the clouds have rained down their bounty, and the bread of holiness hath descended from the heaven of grace, could ye but perceive it!

These souls are the protectors of the Cause of God on earth, who shall preserve its beauty from the obscuring dust stirred up by every rejected disbeliever. In the path of their Lord they shall not fear for their lives; rather will they sacrifice their all in their eagerness to behold the face of their Well-Beloved and His exaltation in this Name, the Almighty, the All-Powerful, the All-Glorious, the Most Holy.)
In that same year [year 60] I dispatched a messenger and a book unto thee, that thou mightest act towards the Cause of Him Who is the Testimony of God as befitteth the station of thy sovereignty. But inasmuch as dark, dreadful and dire calamity had been irrevocably ordained by the Will of God, the book was not submitted to thy presence, through the intervention of such as regard themselves the well-wishers of the government. Up to the present, when nearly four years have passed, they have not duly presented it to Your Majesty. However, now that the fateful hour is drawing nigh, and because it is a matter of faith, not a worldly concern, therefore I have given thee a glimpse of what hath transpired.

I swear by God! Shouldst thou know the things which in the space of these four years have befallen Me at the hands of thy people and thine army, thou wouldst hold thy breath from fear of God, unless thou wouldst rise to obey the Cause of Him Who is the Testimony of God and make amends for thy shortcomings and failure.

While I was in Shíráz the indignities which befell Me at the hands of its wicked and depraved Governor waxed so grievous that if thou wert acquainted with but a tithe thereof, thou wouldst deal him retributive justice. For as a result of his unmitigated oppression, thy royal court hath become, until the Day of Resurrection, the object of the wrath of God. Moreover, his indulgence in alcohol had grown so excessive that he was never sober enough to make a sound judgment. Therefore, disquieted, I was obliged to set out from Shíráz with the aim of attaining the enlightened and exalted court of Your Majesty. The Mu‘tamidu’d-Dawlih then became aware of the truth of the Cause and manifested exemplary servitude and devotion to His chosen ones. When some of the ignorant people in his city arose to stir up sedition, he defended the divine Truth by affording Me protection for a while in the privacy of the Governor’s residence. At length, having attained the good-pleasure of God, he repaired to his habitation in the all-highest Paradise. May God reward him graciously.…

Be fair to yourselves and to others, that the evidences of justice may be revealed, through your deeds, among Our faithful servants. Beware lest ye encroach upon the substance of your neighbor. Prove yourselves worthy of his trust and confidence in you, and withhold not from the poor the gifts which the grace of God hath bestowed upon you. He, verily, shall recompense the charitable, and doubly repay them for what they have bestowed. No God is there but Him. All creation and its empire are His. He bestoweth His gifts on whom He will, and from whom He will He withholdeth them. He is the Great Giver, the Most Generous, the Benevolent.

Say: Teach ye the Cause of God, O people of Bahá, for God hath prescribed unto every one the duty of proclaiming His Message, and regardeth it as the most meritorious of all deeds. Such a deed is acceptable only when he that teacheth the Cause is already a firm believer in God, the Supreme Protector, the Gracious, the Almighty. He hath, moreover, ordained that His Cause be taught through the power of men’s utterance, and not through resort to violence. Thus hath His ordinance been sent down from the Kingdom of Him Who is the Most Exalted, the All-Wise. Beware lest ye contend with anyone, nay, strive to make him aware of the truth with kindly manner and most convincing exhortation. If your hearer respond, he will have responded to his own behoof, and if not, turn ye away from him, and set your faces towards God’s sacred Court, the seat of resplendent holiness.

In that same year [year 60] I dispatched a messenger and a book unto thee, that thou mightest act towards the Cause of Him Who is the Testimony of God as befitteth the station of thy sovereignty. But inasmuch as dark, dreadful and dire calamity had been irrevocably ordained by the Will of God, the book was not submitted to thy presence, through the intervention of such as regard themselves the well-wishers of the government. Up to the present, when nearly four years have passed, they have not duly presented it to Your Majesty. However, now that the fateful hour is drawing nigh, and because it is a matter of faith, not a worldly concern, therefore I have given thee a glimpse of what hath transpired.

I swear by God! Shouldst thou know the things which in the space of these four years have befallen Me at the hands of thy people and thine army, thou wouldst hold thy breath from fear of God, unless thou wouldst rise to obey the Cause of Him Who is the Testimony of God and make amends for thy shortcomings and failure.

While I was in Shíráz the indignities which befell Me at the hands of its wicked and depraved Governor waxed so grievous that if thou wert acquainted with but a tithe thereof, thou wouldst deal him retributive justice. For as a result of his unmitigated oppression, thy royal court hath become, until the Day of Resurrection, the object of the wrath of God. Moreover, his indulgence in alcohol had grown so excessive that he was never sober enough to make a sound judgment. Therefore, disquieted, I was obliged to set out from Shíráz with the aim of attaining the enlightened and exalted court of Your Majesty. The Mu‘tamidu’d-Dawlih then became aware of the truth of the Cause and manifested exemplary servitude and devotion to His chosen ones. When some of the ignorant people in his city arose to stir up sedition, he defended the divine Truth by affording Me protection for a while in the privacy of the Governor’s residence. At length, having attained the good-pleasure of God, he repaired to his habitation in the all-highest Paradise. May God reward him graciously.…

Be fair to yourselves and to others, that the evidences of justice may be revealed, through your deeds, among Our faithful servants. Beware lest ye encroach upon the substance of your neighbor. Prove yourselves worthy of his trust and confidence in you, and withhold not from the poor the gifts which the grace of God hath bestowed upon you. He, verily, shall recompense the charitable, and doubly repay them for what they have bestowed. No God is there but Him. All creation and its empire are His. He bestoweth His gifts on whom He will, and from whom He will He withholdeth them. He is the Great Giver, the Most Generous, the Benevolent.

Say: Teach ye the Cause of God, O people of Bahá, for God hath prescribed unto every one the duty of proclaiming His Message, and regardeth it as the most meritorious of all deeds. Such a deed is acceptable only when he that teacheth the Cause is already a firm believer in God, the Supreme Protector, the Gracious, the Almighty. He hath, moreover, ordained that His Cause be taught through the power of men’s utterance, and not through resort to violence. Thus hath His ordinance been sent down from the Kingdom of Him Who is the Most Exalted, the All-Wise. Beware lest ye contend with anyone, nay, strive to make him aware of the truth with kindly manner and most convincing exhortation. If your hearer respond, he will have responded to his own behoof, and if not, turn ye away from him, and set your faces towards God’s sacred Court, the seat of resplendent holiness.

Dispute not with anyone concerning the things of this world and its affairs, for God hath abandoned them to such as have set their affection upon them. Out of the whole world He hath chosen for Himself the hearts of men—hearts which the hosts of revelation and of utterance can subdue. Thus hath it been ordained by the Fingers of Bahá, upon the Tablet of God’s irrevocable decree, by the behest of Him Who is the Supreme Ordainer, the All-Knowing.

CXXIXO wayfarer in the path of God! Take thou thy portion of the ocean of His grace, and deprive not thyself of the things that lie hidden in its depths. Be thou of them that have partaken of its treasures. A dewdrop out of this ocean would, if shed upon all that are in the heavens and on the earth, suffice to enrich them with the bounty of God, the Almighty, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise. With the hands of renunciation draw forth from its life-giving waters, and sprinkle therewith all created things, that they may be cleansed from all man-made limitations and may approach the mighty seat of God, this hallowed and resplendent Spot.

Be not grieved if thou performest it thyself alone. Let God be all-sufficient for thee. Commune intimately with His Spirit, and be thou of the thankful. Proclaim the Cause of thy Lord unto all who are in the heavens and on the earth. Should any man respond to thy call, lay bare before him the pearls of the wisdom of the Lord, thy God, which His Spirit hath sent down unto thee, and be thou of them that truly believe. And should anyone reject thine offer, turn thou away from him, and put thy trust and confidence in the Lord, thy God, the Lord of all worlds.

The Holy Great One will come forth from His dwelling,
4. And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, (even) on Mount Sinai,
⌈And appear from His camp⌉
And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens.

5. And all shall be smitten with fear
And the Watchers shall quake,
And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth.

6. And the high mountains shall be shaken,
And the high hills shall be made low,
And shall melt like wax before the flame*p. 32

7. And the earth shall be*⌈wholly⌉*rent in sunder,
And all that is upon the earth shall perish,
And there shall be a judgement upon all (men).

8. But with the righteous He will make peace.

And will protect the elect,
And mercy shall be upon them.

And they shall all belong to God,
And they shall be prospered,
And they shall*⌈all⌉*be blessed.

⌈And He will help them all⌉,
And light shall appear unto them,
⌈And He will make peace with them⌉.

9. And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of*⌈His⌉*holy ones
To execute judgement upon all,
And to destroy*⌈all⌉*the ungodly:

And to convict all flesh
Of all the works*⌈of their ungodliness⌉*which they have ungodly committed,
And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners*⌈have spoken⌉against Him.

These lengthy texts are against the rules.

I could only read the first few sentences, and nothing in it agrees with God's word.

This is a Christian site, but there is place for these kinds of posts....that Urania thread (or whatever it's called). This stuff belongs there.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 4:8

“Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.”
HALLELUJAH!

Just a sinner given mercy.

Luke 18:9-14 KJV
And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Respect the sub-forum you're in.......

Respect the sub-forum you're in.......

I could only read the first few sentences, and nothing in it agrees with God's word.

This is a Christian site, but there is place for these kinds of posts....that Urania thread (or whatever it's called). This stuff belongs there.

Dont forget you're in the General 'Religion' section
. If you want just 'Christian' or 'biblical' ONLY go to the ECT section.

The Urantia Book thread is for UB related subjects which includes the subject of religion, science, metaphysics and philosophy (the whole of it within all humanity concerning its divine destiny and place in the cosmos).

Pops needs to leave credits for his quotes and do smaller portions, yes. He was quoting some Bahai' texts. Many of the Bahai texts are very inspiring and beautiful,...very similar to some of the judeo-christian writings (particularly the Psalms). The Hidden word's of Baha' u'llah are particularly poetic and God venerating.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not a good idea to go too long without remembering God's son who made it possible.
:thumb:

Philippians 3:8-10 KJV
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Galatians 6:14 KJV
But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

1 Corinthians 1:22-23 KJV
For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1 Corinthians 2:2 KJV For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

popsthebuilder

I did not intentionally copy that much texts. I should have gone back over it before finalizing the post.

The last bit is from the book of Enoch which is considered part of the Bible by some sects.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Pagan love children.......

Pagan love children.......

He didn't say to ask seek and knock on the doors of pagans.

Moses was trained in the way of the Pharoh's, knew their science, magical arts and theology. How much did he borrow from the Egyptians to incorporate into his own religious system? The Israelites also came into contact with the Baal's, Caanaanite gods, goddess worship, Babylonian motifs, Zoroastrianism, Greek influxes, and on......chart their cultural history...not all things just popped out of a vacuum......

Pagan magi (persian astrologers and wise men) came to worship the baby Jesus :)

Other religions had dying savior gods, and mystery religion rites included participating in the death and resurrection, ascension of a god, thereby granting eternal life to those who joined or drank that god's memorial cup and at some holy food, reminscient of the Eucharist. Much of the Son of God mythos also correlates to age-old SUN worship, astro-theology and solstices, again back to older pagan recognitions of Mother earth, the heavens and their natural cycles.

These universal themes of birth, death and rebirth are as old as the hills :)

Jesus the teacher encourages asking, seeking and knocking,...this implies continual RESEARCH
. The seeking after truth, knowledge, revelation is a progressive venture, a continuous journey. Jesus taught his God and Father is a universal Spirit Presence, - as we ask 'God' for wisdom, direction, guidance.....with sincere faith....the Spirit naturally responds, since that is Love's nature....and what is Love's will,...is intended for life here on earth,...as it exist in heaven already in its divine perfection :)

Last edited: