ECT Is "Hell" divine torture or divine justice?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Hell was created for the devil and his angels, men who follow the devil will end up where he is.

We who follow Christ will end up where He is.

Timotheos

Eternal Conscious Torment in Hell is not a Biblical Doctrine.

According to the Bible the wages of sin is death, not eternal conscious torment in hell.

musterion

According to the Bible the wages of sin is death, not eternal conscious torment in hell.

Basanismos means torment.

Whose smoke of basanismos will ascend for ages of ages for having accepted the mark?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And eternal separation from God is divine torture.

OCTOBER23

There will be a Lake of Oil in Saudi Arabia that will be on fire

and used to burn Garbage and that is where Satan will probably be thrown.

ttruscott

What d'ya think?

Torture is suffering from an evil intent. Hell as suffering is from the consequences of free will choices which resulted in their necessary banishment from all of created reality so as to not corrupt the heavenly state once it is implemented, that is, the suffering is incidental to the judgment.

Peace,Ted

ttruscott

Hell was created for the devil and his angels, men who follow the devil will end up where he is.

We who follow Christ will end up where He is.

Rather, the fact that some men share the hell created for Satan and his angels is proof that the tares, that is, the reprobate non-elect, are the demonic angels of the evil one sown into the world by the devil.

Peace, Ted

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately for you, scripture uses "death" & "dead" for those that are still conscious.
So, when scripture says that the wages of sin is death, it doesn't have to mean that you no longer have a conscious existence.

revpete

I think you should have something to say when you start a thread.

I wanted to see what the majority of opinion was. It seems that most who have posted do not believe in an eternal "Hell." BTW Hell or Hades does not always mean the grave as fzappa posted. Perhaps a little study is order for him? My opinion is that I believe in a literal place of eternal punishment, I am not an annihilationist. There is election, there is reprobation, there is good there is evil, there is heaven, there is Hell. Scripture does teach a place of eternal, conscious punishment where the wicked of every generation will be consigned on the last day. Consider, if it were not so, how could God be perfectly just and holy. People do not like it, they try to get around it by reasoning it away. Scripture is misused and distorted (sometimes out of ignorance) to theologically dismiss it. However, if one follows the golden rule of herminutics ie, always interpret literally except if the context dictates otherwise, the only conclusion IMO one can come to is yes, Hell, Hades is real! 🔥

The real question is why do sincere people try to substitute a lie for Biblical truth❓😮

Pete 👤

Timotheos

Unfortunately for you, scripture uses "death" & "dead" for those that are still conscious.
So, when scripture says that the wages of sin is death, it doesn't have to mean that you no longer have a conscious existence.

How about when scripture says that the wicked will be destroyed?
How about when scripture says that the wicked will be no more?
How about when the scriptures say that the lost will perish?

"Unfortunately for you" scripture uses many different illustrations for the fate of the lost, but they all mean that the lost perish and are destroyed.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I wanted to see what the majority of opinion was. It seems that most who have posted do not believe in an eternal "Hell." BTW Hell or Hades does not always mean the grave as fzappa posted. Perhaps a little study is order for him? My opinion is that I believe in a literal place of eternal punishment, I am not an annihilationist. There is election, there is reprobation, there is good there is evil, there is heaven, there is Hell. Scripture does teach a place of eternal, conscious punishment where the wicked of every generation will be consigned on the last day. Consider, if it were not so, how could God be perfectly just and holy. People do not like it, they try to get around it by reasoning it away. Scripture is misused and distorted (sometimes out of ignorance) to theologically dismiss it. However, if one follows the golden rule of herminutics ie, always interpret literally except if the context dictates otherwise, the only conclusion IMO one can come to is yes, Hell, Hades is real! ��

The real question is why do sincere people try to substitute a lie for Biblical truth❓��

Pete ��

They are unwise, they see only from man's perspective. They do not look at sin as God does. We learn what God thinks about sin in the bible.

In short they hold light views about sin.