Is Calvinism Wrong?

john w

Hall of Fame
That spirit that told you that has just condemned those that trust in scripture (which labels Jesus as the last Adam, not the new Adam).
Why would you give heed to a spirit that tells you to label Jesus with something scripture does not, and then go on to imply that those that believe what scripture says instead of what your spirit says are not giving heed to the Holy Spirit?

Exactomundo, bora of tam..

Pate:The Holy Spirit has revealed to me that Jesus was the new Adam.

Someone to Pate: The Holy Spirit has revealed to me that Jesus was a woman.

Pate: Well, uh, urr, you don't have the Holy Spirit, and my Holy Spirit, is better, more right, than yours, you see, well, urr.....

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
The Pharisees were followers of the law. They took the first 5 books of the Old Testament and came up with the Torah. There are over 600 laws and rules in the Torah. Stephen was stoned to death because he revealed the hypocrisy of the Pharisees.

Pardon me, but I cannot see, here, that you answered the question I asked you: Did the Bible direct the Pharisees to stone Stephen? Yes? No? Not sure?

john w

Hall of Fame
The Gospel was not known to the apostles prior to Acts 2. All that they knew was the Kingdom Gospel.

You missed it-The sloppy one, can't even see his own lie, contradiction:

The apostles did not preach a Gospel prior to Acts 2.

vs.

What they did preach was the "Kingdom Gospel."

=the apostles did not preach a Gospel prior to Acts 2, but they did preach a Gospel.

And others are wondering why dementia, senility, is not on the table?

Hmmphhh!

john w

Hall of Fame
You have a problem with 'viciously attacking' ANYBODY that disagrees with your opinions. Name calling and false accusations are your 'stock-in-trade.'

I'm honored that you are copying what, and that, I initially asserted about Pate. Pay attention to the thread, "hit and run" artist, from the bleachers. But you can't pull it off, as I can, not having my clout, or humility, fluff master.

john w

Hall of Fame
You're off my EGGNORE list, for now. Consider yourself lucky. You have a habit of attacking posters that agree with your theology, yet, DARE makes suggestions about your BAD behavior.

Quit copying me. And there is no such thing as "luck," accept perhaps in sports/dating sites, .....who use this made up cliche, non existing entity,as the LORD God is in control. You'd have known that, had you studied the details of the book, a I have/do. But you did not, which explains why you make up other "doctrine," such as that name calling, exposing/marking/identifying wolves, is "unscriptural."

john w

Hall of Fame
Redirection, perhaps? :think:

Made up. For, months, if not years,on TOL, I have called Pate on this deceitful tactic. Of course, since you don't read most posts,of respective TOL members, engaging in just drive by shooting, posting 1 post, after the other, of fluff, not following the argument of the thread, you would make the above talk show "IMO" stunner.

john w

Hall of Fame
Acts 20:29 KJV For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Matthew 7:15 KJV Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Acts 13:10 KJVand said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

Robert Pate

Banned
Acts 20:29 KJV For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Matthew 7:15 KJV Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Acts 13:10 KJVand said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

You just described yourself.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pardon me, but I cannot see, here, that you answered the question I asked you: Did the Bible direct the Pharisees to stone Stephen? Yes? No? Not sure?

The Pharisees followed the religion of the law. The law is found in the first 5 books of the Old Testament. The answer is yes.

They thought that Stephen had committed blasphemy and was worthy of death.

glorydaz

The Gospel is in the Bible, but it cannot be understood without the Holy Spirit, nor can many other spiritual things be understood without the leading of the Holy Spirit. The Bible is a spiritual book and was written by men that were indwelt with the Holy Spirit. However, the Bible does not take the place of the Holy Spirit. There are many things in the Bible that cannot be understood by the natural man, 1 Corinthians 1:14. This is one reason why there is so much contention on this Forum.

Dad gum it. That fits right in with Total Depravity. :think:

Robert, the Gospel is the POWER OF GOD UNTO SALVATION. Romans 1:16

This is why we preach it. This is why man is without excuse. We believe because we HEAR. If your claim is that God must intervene before we are able to hear, then you're preaching what the Calvinists do. Paul say we are sealed AFTER we heard and believed.

Eph. 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

glorydaz

I sense a trip to the penalty for me is imminent. Nothing like a bible believer, who just loves the sheep/babes enough to protect them from being "spiritually raped," plundered, by the ravenous, grievous wolves,by marking(name calling)/exposing/identifying them, to ruin a bible party.

There's another John who left his head on a platter.....