Is Calvinism Wrong?

Rosenritter

The Strongs says " pisteuo means not just to believe " .
The Vines , " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ."

If you reject those texts , there's nothing to discuss .

Romans 10:9-11 and James 2:19 both use the same Greek word to communicate "the devils believe and tremble" and "Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. At this point you are arguing that the Greek text is incorrect. If you are going to place your pet private idea above the Greek text then we do have nothing to discuss.

I think I'm representative of the others here that since you have nothing to discuss we wish you well to depart back to your special thread, where you may continue with to argue how the New Testament in Greek and English is insufficient to communicate your special interpretation known only to yourself... in peace, without anyone at all to contradict your soliloquy.

Rosenritter

So I was checking this passage for context to see whether it was about salvation or something else...

John 10:28-29 KJV
(28) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
(29) My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Is that about salvation? or that Jesus wouldn't lose their lives while he was with them?

John 18:8-9 KJV
(8) Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way:
(9) That the saying might be fulfilled, which he spake, Of them which thou gavest me have I lost none.

John 17:12 KJV
(12) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

But the son of perdition - See the notes at Mat_1:1. The term son was given by the Hebrews to those who possessed the character described by the word or name following. Thus, sons of Belial - those who possessed his character; children of wisdom those who were wise, Mat_11:19. Thus Judas is called a son of perdition because he had the character of a destroyer. He was a traitor and a murderer. And this shows that he who knew the heart regarded his character as that of a wicked man one whose appropriate name was that of a son of perdition.That the scripture ... - See the notes at Joh_13:18. Compare Psa_12:9.

So the Barnes commentary above on John 17:12 says that this refers to Psalm 12:9... Would someone be willing to give me their interpretation of Psalms 12:9? I'm drawing blanks on this one.

Robert Pate

Banned
But by your calculations nobody else in the world could have been called or drawn to Christ by the Father , because they didn't hear the gospel message , and hence couldn't recieve Faith or the Holy Spirit .

True NT Faith and faithing ( a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ,) could have happened anywhere and at anytime after Calvary . All that was needed would be the drawing or calling of the Father to Christ , and the faithing response of true pisteuo .

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling everyone to come to Christ. Missionaries report that many tribes in remote places on the earth already know about Jesus. They say that the Gospel is written in the stars. See Joseph A. Seiss book "The Gospel in the Stars". Everyone is born with a conscious. Everyone knows when they do wrong. Everyone knows that there is a price to pay for doing wrong, even small children know that. The Bible knows nothing about a personal surrender to Christ. That sounds like Catholic doctrine where you have to become a monk and live in a monastery. Like I said before, we are saved by simple child like faith in Jesus and his Gospel.

glorydaz

Check yours eyes then , what posted to you I copied straight out of the Strongs expanded .

So, you are saying the authors of the Strongs Greek dictionary are wrong not me , I just copied it word for word .

AMR claims the Strongs is wrong , you guys are building on the same mistranslated words believe , believer , and believing , so your going to be forced to go against the original texts and any Greek dictionary that doesn't validate the mistranslation .

And FYI , trusting Google , probably not the smartest path .

Tell you what....post it straight out of Strong's. Not just your words, but those of Strong's so I can read it for myself. This about the "courtroom hearing", of course. :chew:

glorydaz

Romans 10:9-11 and James 2:19 both use the same Greek word to communicate "the devils believe and tremble" and "Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. At this point you are arguing that the Greek text is incorrect. If you are going to place your pet private idea above the Greek text then we do have nothing to discuss.

I think I'm representative of the others here that since you have nothing to discuss we wish you well to depart back to your special thread, where you may continue with to argue how the New Testament in Greek and English is insufficient to communicate your special interpretation known only to yourself... in peace, without anyone at all to contradict your soliloquy.

Yes, once again we see the height of presumption. Since I'm more than willing to point it out, Rosen has me on ignore. The nice thing about that is I can say what I like without putting up with the condescending attitude we see here in the yellow. :chuckle:

glorydaz

Lol , just ask 99.9 % of the world before the 1500's or before the NT was first compiled . How or what were they to hear , how did they get their Faith ?

I guess the Father was handcuffed and couldn't draw or call anyone unless they had a NT Bible .

Romans 1:19-20 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Faither

BANNED
Banned

No , just the mistranslated word believe is incorrect .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Holy Spirit is in the world calling everyone to come to Christ. Missionaries report that many tribes in remote places on the earth already know about Jesus. They say that the Gospel is written in the stars. See Joseph A. Seiss book "The Gospel in the Stars". Everyone is born with a conscious. Everyone knows when they do wrong. Everyone knows that there is a price to pay for doing wrong, even small children know that. The Bible knows nothing about a personal surrender to Christ. That sounds like Catholic doctrine where you have to become a monk and live in a monastery. Like I said before, we are saved by simple child like faith in Jesus and his Gospel.

The English Bible knows nothing about a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender , the Greek Bible does , that's the point .

Either willingly or unwillingly , you just don't seem to grasp what Faith and faithing are . Even with simple Greek dictionary definitions .

Robert Pate

Banned
The English Bible knows nothing about a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender , the Greek Bible does , that's the point .

Either willingly or unwillingly , you just don't seem to grasp what Faith and faithing are . Even with simple Greek dictionary definitions .

I have looked up the words that you have submitted. There is nothing in the Greek or the English Bible about surrendering your life to Christ.

Jesus really doesn't want your sinful surrendered life. What he wants is for you to have his perfected, sinless life. It is the only life that God accepts, we are accepted only in him, Philippians 3:9.

Rosenritter

I have looked up the words that you have submitted. There is nothing in the Greek or the English Bible about surrendering your life to Christ.

Jesus really doesn't want your sinful surrendered life. What he wants is for you to have his perfected, sinless life. It is the only life that God accepts, we are accepted only in him, Philippians 3:9.

Yes there is.

Psa 34:18 KJV
(18) The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Psa 51:17 KJV
(17) The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes there is.

Psa 34:18 KJV
(18) The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Psa 51:17 KJV
(17) The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

A broken heart and a surrendered life are not the same thing. A surrendered life is something that one is offering to God. Perhaps in your case for salvation. God does not accept the lives or the works of sinners, of which you are one of. God only accepts the life and the work of Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him, Philippians 3:9.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Maybe you should learn how to read .

If you look in the Strongs expanded for akoe 189 , it describes more than what you said . It says that akoe or the word " hearing " used twice in Rom. 10:17 is ,

I'll give it to you word for word from the Strongs akoe 189 ," 7b) the recieving of a message Rom. 10:17 , something more than the mere sense of " hearing " ; an interaction with the word and a decision is always made ( compare to a courtroom hearing .)

When Rom. 10:17 says Faith comes by hearing , hearing by the word of God , it puts us in the judges seat , judging God and His Word .

I think Rom 10:17 should have read , Faith comes by " A" hearing , " A " hearing by the word of God. This putting God on the judgement seat , judging our faith , our pisteuo , our surrendered life .

Which one of those examples would you stand before God and claim ?

I won't talk about this further , being I only talk about God ways and His Word with those who at least know , acknowledge , and are practicing true NT Faith and faithing ( pisteuo ) .That is what you all need to be focusing on .

Bumped for glorydaz

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Tell you what....post it straight out of Strong's. Not just your words, but those of Strong's so I can read it for myself. This about the "courtroom hearing", of course. :chew:

I bumped it for you . Couldn't get a post number on my tablet . Open for questions . But you really need to deal with the " faithing problem " you and the others here have first .