Is Calvinism Wrong?

glorydaz

Again , all you have to do is read the definition and use of the Greek word akoe in the Strongs .

( Compare to a courtroom hearing ) are the exact words .

You'd better check with the concordance again.

Strong's Concordance
akoé: hearing, the sense of hearing
Original Word: ἀκοή, ῆς, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: akoé
Phonetic Spelling: (ak-o-ay')
Short Definition: hearing, faculty of hearing, ear
Definition: hearing, faculty of hearing, ear; report, rumor.​

Vines
B1. Hear, Hearing [Noun] akoe akin to akouo, denotes
(a) "the sense of hearing," 1 Cor 12:17; 2 Pet 2:8; a combination of verb and noun is used in phrases which have been termed Hebraic as they express somewhat literally an OT phraseology, e.g., "By hearing ye shall hear," Matt 13:14; Acts 28:26, RV, a mode of expression conveying emphasis;
(b) "the organ of hearing," Mark 7:35, "ears;" Luke 7:1, RV, "ears," for AV, "audience;" Acts 17:20; 2 Tim 4:3,4; Heb 5:11, "dull of hearing," lit., "dull as to ears;"
(c) "a thing heard, a message or teaching," John 12:38, "report;" Rom 10:16; 1 Thess 2:13, "the word of the message," lit. "the word of hearing" (AV, "which ye heard"); Heb 4:2, "the word of hearing," RV, for AV, "the word preached;" in a somewhat similar sense, "a rumor, report," Matt 4:24; Matt 14:1; Mark 1:28, AV, "fame," RV, "report;" Matt 24:6; Mark 13:7, "rumors (of wars);"
(d) "the receiving of a message," Rom 10:17, something more than the mere sense of "hearing" [see B1(a)]; so with the phrase "the hearing of faith," Gal 3:2,5, which it seems better to understand so than under B1(c). See EAR, FAME, PREACH, REPORT, RUMOR.​

Faither

BANNED
Banned
AMR , thanks for the info .

Probably a premature topic to discuss when having the Spirit of Christ and mind of Christ is essential .

The problem you and your other fans need to address first , is you've built your relationship with Christ on a mistranslation . There's alot of evidence on the site to support my claim , some of, you have breifly acknowledged .

If your desire to know Christ better is stronger than your desire to protect your doctrine , maybe you could revisit what I've presented and ask some questions .

Maybe through pm as to avoid the nats .

glorydaz

How do we apprehend faith? By hearing.
How do we hear the message of our faith? By God first acting.

We all have ears attached to our heads that process sound waves that our mind translates into meanings. So all hear the outward call of the Gospel. But only those granted "ears to hear" by God, which is part of the inward call of God, will translate those words into a positive personal meaning of which he or she will appropriate in faith.

AMR

And here is where we differ. That "inward call" being performed by God irrespective of where a person is in their life, or simply being effectual when one is ready (ripe) to hear the Gospel. I submit he POWER is in the Gospel as it falls on ears that are ready to hear.

glorydaz

If you ever finish stomping your little feet , maybe a discussion can resume about more facts to concider . One of which is the word " hearing " in Rom. 10:17 is a courtroom hearing . And guess what , your not the judge .

Again , all you have to do is read the definition and use of the Greek word akoe in the Strongs .

( Compare to a courtroom hearing ) are the exact words .

AMR , thanks for the info .

Probably a premature topic to discuss when having the Spirit of Christ and mind of Christ is essential .

The problem you and your other fans need to address first , is you've built your relationship with Christ on a mistranslation .

So you refuse to acknowledge you are wrong about the "courtroom hearing" idea you presented?

There was no mention of a courtroom hearing in anything you've been shown.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
So you refuse to acknowledge you are wrong about the "courtroom hearing" idea you presented?

There was no mention of a courtroom hearing in anything you've been shown.

Check yours eyes then , what posted to you I copied straight out of the Strongs expanded .

So, you are saying the authors of the Strongs Greek dictionary are wrong not me , I just copied it word for word .

AMR claims the Strongs is wrong , you guys are building on the same mistranslated words believe , believer , and believing , so your going to be forced to go against the original texts and any Greek dictionary that doesn't validate the mistranslation .

And FYI , trusting Google , probably not the smartest path .

Robert Pate

Banned
There is a difference between hearing and believing. Not everyone that hears believes.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

The "Them" were probably unbelieving Christ rejecting Jews.

The Gospel calls for a response, no response is a response.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
There is a difference between hearing and believing. Not everyone that hears believes.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

Lol , just ask 99.9 % of the world before the 1500's or before the NT was first compiled . How or what were they to hear , how did they get their Faith ?

I guess the Father was handcuffed and couldn't draw or call anyone unless they had a NT Bible .

beloved57

The Gospel you believe teaches Christ doesnt save sinners. Thats no Gospel

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Rosenritter

Like I said , your choice to put the blinders on .

You quoted the Strongs , but left out the disclaimer it begins with . It says " pisteuo means " NOT " just to believe ."

Your welcome for the most important information you'll ever receive in this life . You and your household .

James 2:19 KJV
(19) Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Romans 10:9-11 KJV
(9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
(10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
(11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Fatiher, the same Greek word in both passages in the original Greek. English happens to reflect the Greek very well in this regard. I don't know why you are on a crusade to claim that the English is insufficient and in error, but the James himself gives testimony that the word has the same flexibility and range in meaning in Greek as English.

Robert Pate

Banned
Lol , just ask 99.9 % of the world before the 1500's or before the NT was first compiled . How or what were they to hear , how did they get their Faith ?

I guess the Father was handcuffed and couldn't draw or call anyone unless they had a NT Bible .

The Gospel of Jesus Christ was probably the most dynamic message that the world has ever heard. On the day of Pentecost when the Gospel first came into the world in the power of the Holy Spirit, 8,000 Jews and others heard Peter's Gospel and were converted to Christ, Acts 2:41 and Acts 4:4. It was God's plan that that the "good news" should go through out the whole world, Mark 16:15.

I have never met anyone that has not heard about Jesus Christ. How about you?

Rosenritter

It is not uncommon for the religious to believe that they have a private interpretation that no one else has, 2 Peter 1:20.

I think that passage is meant to mean a private interpretation from the rest of scripture.

2 Peter 1:19-21 KJV
(19) We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
(20) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
(21) For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Robert Pate

Banned
I think that passage is meant to mean a private interpretation from the rest of scripture.

2 Peter 1:19-21 KJV
(19) We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
(20) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
(21) For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

It means just what it says, No private interpretation of scripture. The Bible is for everyone, not just someone.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
James 2:19 KJV
(19) Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Romans 10:9-11 KJV
(9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
(10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
(11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Fatiher, the same Greek word in both passages in the original Greek. English happens to reflect the Greek very well in this regard. I don't know why you are on a crusade to claim that the English is insufficient and in error, but the James himself gives testimony that the word has the same flexibility and range in meaning in Greek as English.

The Strongs says " pisteuo means not just to believe " .
The Vines , " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ."

If you reject those texts , there's nothing to discuss .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Gospel of Jesus Christ was probably the most dynamic message that the world has ever heard. On the day of Pentecost when the Gospel first came into the world in the power of the Holy Spirit, 8,000 Jews and others heard Peter's Gospel and were converted to Christ, Acts 2:41 and Acts 4:4. It was God's plan that that the "good news" should go through out the whole world, Mark 16:15.

I have never met anyone that has not heard about Jesus Christ. How about you?

But by your calculations nobody else in the world could have been called or drawn to Christ by the Father , because they didn't hear the gospel message , and hence couldn't recieve Faith or the Holy Spirit .

True NT Faith and faithing ( a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ,) could have happened anywhere and at anytime after Calvary . All that was needed would be the drawing or calling of the Father to Christ , and the faithing response of true pisteuo .