In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

This one was in the beginning with God.
All things came into being through Him,
and apart from Him nothing came into being
that has come into being.

John's Gospel 1:1-3

The second part of a dictionary definition of Logos (from http://www.biblestudytools.net. – the same can be found in Strong’s Concordance):

Its use as respect to the MIND alone:
reason, the mental faculty of thinking, meditating, reasoning, calculating
account, i.e. regard, consideration
account, i.e. reckoning, scored.
account, i.e. answer or explanation in reference to judgment
relation, i.e. with whom as judge we stand in relation
reason would
reason, cause, ground
Does that sound like a person, or does that sound like a thought, something in someone’s mind?

This definition of logos as something in one’s mind can be clearly seen in the following usages in other places in the New Testament where logos is translated into the words in all capital letters:

Ac 18:14 – Gallio said unto the Jews, “If it were a matter of wrong or wicked lewdness, O you Jews, REASON would that I should bear with you.”

Ac 10:29 – Therefore came I unto you without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what INTENT you have sent for me?

Ac 8:21 – You have neither part nor lot in this MATTER: for your heart is not right in the sight of God.

Ac 15:6 – And the apostles and elders came together to consider this MATTER.

Mt 5:32 – But I say to you, that whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the CAUSE of fornication, causes her to commit adultery.

Mt 18:23 – The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a certain king, which would take ACCOUNT of his servants.

Lu 16:2 – And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of you? Give an ACCOUNT of your stewardship; for you can no longer steward.

Encyclopedia Britannica includes “plan” as one of the English equivalents for Logos, along with “word” and “reason.”

Logos as “thinking” can also be seen in our English word logic which came from the Greek word logos as well as the words biology, from bios, Greek for life, and logos, Greek for thinking, hence, the study of life, as well as anthropology, the study of man, and psychology, the study of the soul, and many other academic disciplines.

God's Truth

The natural creation is given to man for examples, to exhibit supernal and spiritual things to mankind, as even taught by Paul in the first chapter of the epistle to the Romans. Cloning is unnatural and rather, an invention of man, by way of "tinkering" with the natural creation of Elohim.

God is the creator and no man can create what God creates.

The natural creation of Elohim does not work in that way. Elohim gave us the example of a father and his offspring so as to teach us supernal and spiritual things by way of our own natural creation. That is why I said your theory denies the most basic principles: for you essentially ignore the natural creation, the meanings of the very words "father", and "son", and proceed to make up things that are not seen in the natural creation of Elohim, that is, "a Father who is His own Son, and a Son who is his own Father", which is ludicrous because it confounds everything that is shown to us in the natural creation of Elohim. There is no such thing as "a father who is his own son", or "a mother who is her own daughter", and so on, and so on. It is mass confusion to say such unnatural things and at the same time it confounds the scripture, which is logical, intelligent, and full of reasoning. When you throw logic out the window you get chaos and mass confusion.

Tell me why do you think they are interchangeable?

God's Truth

What? You say the Father and the Son are interchangeable, not me!

You do not know they are interchangeable?

Okay, now we can talk.

Here are some questions I have for you:

Whose blood is it the Father’s or Jesus’?

Who is the Redeemer, the Father or Jesus?

Who is the Holy One, the Father or Jesus?

Who is the Shepherd, the Father or Jesus?

Who is our Savior, the Father or Jesus?

Who is our Rock, the Father or Jesus?

Who gives life, the Father or Jesus?

Who lives in believers, the Father or Jesus?

Whose commands are they, are they the Father's or Jesus' commands?

Who draws us the Father or Jesus?

Who sends the Holy Spirit, the Father or Jesus sends the Holy Spirit?

Who pours out the Holy Spirit, the Father or Jesus pours out the Holy Spirit?

Who circumcises our hearts, the Father or Jesus circumcises our hearts?

Who do we bow to; do we bow to the Father or Jesus?

It is the Father's works, or is it Jesus' works?

Who sanctifies, the Father or Jesus?

Who raises the dead, the Father or Jesus?

Who draws all men the Father or Jesus?

daqq

You do not know they are interchangeable?

Okay, now we can talk.

Here are some questions I have for you:

Whose blood is it the Father’s or Jesus’?

Who is the Redeemer, the Father or Jesus?

Who is the Holy One, the Father or Jesus?

Who is the Shepherd, the Father or Jesus?

Who is our Savior, the Father or Jesus?

Who is our Rock, the Father or Jesus?

Who gives life, the Father or Jesus?

Who lives in believers, the Father or Jesus?

Whose commands are they, are they the Father's or Jesus' commands?

Who draws us the Father or Jesus?

Who sends the Holy Spirit, the Father or Jesus sends the Holy Spirit?

Who pours out the Holy Spirit, the Father or Jesus pours out the Holy Spirit?

Who circumcises our hearts, the Father or Jesus circumcises our hearts?

Who do we bow to; do we bow to the Father or Jesus?

It is the Father's works, or is it Jesus' works?

Who sanctifies, the Father or Jesus?

Who raises the dead, the Father or Jesus?

Who draws all men the Father or Jesus?

You say, "now we can talk"?
What happened to the passage already referenced from the Testimony of Messiah?

"Why do you think that calling Jesus the Son makes him any less God?"

Because he himself says so in John 14:28. It does not take hardly anything to disprove what you said because what you said has no basis in common sense or reality and neither does your theory have any representation in the natural creation of Elohim. A father is never his own son and a son is never his own father. If what you said is true then someone else can come along after you, and based on what you have said, that person coming along after you can say, "the Father begat the Son and the Son begat the Father because they are equal and one and the same", but that would be ridiculous because everyone knows that the Father is unbegotten, (not begotten). Additionally the statement from John 14:28 employs μειζων which is not just "greater" but at the same time both ELDER and OLDER.

End of story: your doctrine is untrue according to the Master Teacher himself, (John 14:28).

John 14:28 ASV
28 Ye heard how I said to you, I go away, and I come unto you. If ye loved me, ye would have rejoiced, because I go unto the Father: for the Father is greater than I.

The Father is "greater" according to the Master and that is "μειζων" as I said:

http://biblehub.com/text/john/14-28.htm
http://biblehub.com/greek/3187.htm
http://biblehub.com/greek/3173.htm

μείζων meízōn, mide'-zone; irregular comparative of G3173; larger (literally or figuratively, specially, in age):—elder, greater(-est), more.
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=mgnt&strongs=g3187

According to what the Master says in John 14:28 you also should be rejoicing that the Father is greater-elder-older. Why therefore do you fight against what the Master Teacher says? :)

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Response to post #74 by God's Truth.

“Originally posted y S-word.........Ahh you poor deceived child of that woman who sits on the seven hills of Rome, who claims to be the bride of Christ, but who instead, is the bride of the dead Emperor Constantine.

The Lord says in Revelation 18: 4-8.

Come out of her my people do not share in her sins
You must not share her punishment, her judgement day has come.
For her sins are piled to heaven, and God recalls her evil ways,
She says; “ I am no widow and I will never see the grave.”
Because of that, in just one day disease will strike her down
Plagues and famine she’ll receive, til finally she’ll be burned.
You must pay her back two fold for all that she has done
Fill her cup as she filled yours, but make it twice as strong.
For all the glory she has claimed and all her luxury,
Will be repaid this very day, with pain and misery.

God’s Truth wrote..........Be careful how you judge, for you are exposing who you are and what you do. I know now to what and whom I am debating.

S-word.........You neither know ‘Who I Am’ nor the Christ who was taken to the throne of the ‘MOST HIGH’where he was chosen as his successor, before being anointed and traslated from a physical body to a spiritual body in order that he should never experience death.

The Christ, who was chosen to serve God before the body of Adam into all eternity. The only exception of all mankind to have ascended into heaven and descended in the days of Abraham, who chose him as his God.

Originally Posted by S-word

Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist, and Hanna, the mother of Mary were sisters, making John and Mary first cousins.

John, who was chosen by the “Light of Man” the controlling personality within the Logos, to Baptise with water, which was symbolic of the great flood, when the old body of Adam was submerged in water and the new body of Enoch, ‘The Anointed One=The Christ’ arose.

God’s Truth wrote..........Speak according to the Holy Bible. Show scripture for what you say.

S-word..........John 1:32-34New International Version (NIV) 32 "Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. 33 "And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The 'MAN' on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 "I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”

Now we know from Matthew 3: 13-14, that John knew that his cousins son, ‘Jesus’ was greater than he. 13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptised by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptised by you, and yet you come to me.”

But it was not until after he had baptised Jesus, and had seen the spirit descend upon him in the form of a dove, and heard the heavenly voice say, “You are my son, (My chosen heir and successor) ‘THIS DAY’ I have begotten thee, or THIS DAY’ I have become your Father,” that John knew that Jesus was God’s CHOSEN one.

John knew that his cousins son ‘Jesus’ was greater than he, and at first, refused to baptise him, but he did not know at that time, that Jesus was the one chosen by the “Light of Man” who told John that the man on whom he saw the spirit descend upon in bodily form was the one he had chosen to baptise with that spirit, which he was to receive. And it was only after John had baptised his cousin's son that he saw the spirit descend upon Jesus.

If John had believed that his cousin Mary was an ever virgin, and that Jesus was born without male semen having been introduced into her dormant female egg, something that has never been known to have happened, do you think that he would have doubted that Jesus was the chosen Messiah? But he did. While in prison awaiting his execution, he sent his disciples to ask Jesus, if he was really the one, or if they had to wait for another.

God’s Truth wrote.........You act as if they all lived together and you act as if Mary and Joseph told everyone their business. You think the writers of the New Testament scriptures were idiots and did not think of things, while they were making it up, according to you?

S-word..........Well we certainly know that John knew that his second cousin Jesus was far greater than he, John even believed that he was not worthy enough to Baptise him, and this was before he knew that he was the CHOSEN one of God.

The Gospel authors were not idiots as you insinuate, they spoke the truth. It was the Roman church of Emperor Constantine, who has twisted and distorted the sciptures in her attempt to deceive the gullible such as yourself, into beleiving that Jesus was not of the seed of Adam, and was not born physically as are all the descendants of Adam.

If Jesus had been born of a pure virgin, this would have been the greatest miracle of all, as being raised from the dead was old hat, Elijah had done it and his successor Elisha had done it also .

God’s Truth wrote.........Being raised from the dead is easier to prove than being born of a virgin. You have no sense.

S-word...........How many people in the scriptures have been said to have been raised from the dead? And how many have been said to have been born of a perpetual virgin? Something that is not scriptural, as the Greek term 'Parthenos' does not mean 'VIRGIN' as you have been deceived into believing.

But Mark, who is believed to have been Mark the son of Peter, and John the beloved disciple of Jesus, Both ignore the physical birth of Jesus as being totally irrelevant, and begin their accounts of the salvation, with the spiritual birth of Jesus, when the spirit of the lord descended upon Jesus in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say; “You are my son (My chosen heir and successor) this day I have begotten thee---This day I have become your Father.”

Matthew is mentioned in Matthew 9:9 and Matthew 10:3 as a publican who, while sitting at the "receipt of custom" in Capernaum, was called to follow Jesus. And Matthew simply confirms that Jesus was the fulfilment of the Lords prophecy through his prophet Isaiah, who said than an Almah=a young unmarried woman who is pregnant will bear a son, who would be the vessel in which the Lord would reveal himself to the world, the Emmanuel.

But your mother church continues the lie, by saying that a virgin would bear that child, when they have been forced to admit, that Isaiah never did say that. Read Isaiah 7: 14.

God’s truth wrote...........You defeat yourself with your own argument. What is so miraculous about a young married woman having a child?

S-word.............The emphases is not on the fact that an unmarried woman would bear a child, but that a child conceived out of wedlock, would be chosen as the earthy host body, through which the Lord would reveal himself to the world.

For when the anointed one was about to come into the world, he said, “Sacrifices and burnt offerings you did not want, but a body you have prepared for me, etc.”That body was the man Jesus, who, before he was given divine glory by the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, See Acts 3: 13; Hebrew 5: 7-10; “In his life on earth Jesus made his prayers and requests with loud cries and tears to God who could save him from death. Because he was humble and devoted, God heard him. But even though he was 'A' son of God, (Not God’s Son, or THE son of God, but A son of God, check it out in the Appendix of Strong’s Concordance, or The King James, Amplified, or The Revised Standard translations. all Israelites are sons of God according to God’s word, see Psalms 82: 6; ‘You are gods,’ I said; ‘all of you are sons of the Most High.’) HE learned through suffering to be obedient, when he was made perfect (through his obedience, and could then be used as the host body through which our God, ‘The Son of Man’ could then revealed himself, through the life, the miracles and the words that would be seen and heard through his obedient servant and earthy image, who did, nor spoke one word on his own authority other than that which he was commanded by the Lord our saviour.) The one who God had prepared for his heavenly anointed one, then became the source through whom salvation could be gained from our Lord God and saviour, who rose Jesus from death and will raise all those, who are united to him also.

And Luke reveals that Jesus was the biological son of Mary and her half brother Joseph who were both sired by Alexander Helios=Heli.

But I realise that your mother church has deceived you with her lies, that your head is so mixed up and set as hard as concrete, that one would have to use a sledge hammer to shatter that conglomerate and let the light of truth shine in.

God’s Truth wrote..........I believe that God the creator of everything knows how to preserve His Word, and He did, in the Holy Bible.

S-word.........He certainly did, and all who study the Holy Scriptures and not the lying teachings of the worthless shepherd, can easily see through the lies and corruptions that have been introduced by your mother church.

beameup

Jesus Christ is Lord, not YHWH.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

LA
Greek κύριος kýrios [Lord] = Jehovah YHWH in Hebrew
He is both God and Messiah (Christ)

God's Truth

You say, "now we can talk"?
What happened to the passage already referenced from the Testimony of Messiah?

John 14:28 ASV
28 Ye heard how I said to you, I go away, and I come unto you. If ye loved me, ye would have rejoiced, because I go unto the Father: for the Father is greater than I.

The Father is "greater" according to the Master and that is "μειζων" as I said:

http://biblehub.com/text/john/14-28.htm
http://biblehub.com/greek/3187.htm
http://biblehub.com/greek/3173.htm

μείζων meízōn, mide'-zone; irregular comparative of G3173; larger (literally or figuratively, specially, in age):—elder, greater(-est), more.
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=mgnt&strongs=g3187

According to what the Master says in John 14:28 you also should be rejoicing that the Father is greater-elder-older. Why therefore do you fight against what the Master Teacher says? :)

God came in the flesh as a Man. Of course God in heaven in greater than a Man on earth.

Now answer the questions I asked you.

beameup

And of course your confusion leads to this:

So, Scripture is confusing to you? It's a pretty straight-forward quote:
Jesus Christ (Messiah) is Lord-God (kyrios) to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:11

God's Truth

Response to post #74 by God's Truth.

“Originally posted y S-word.........Ahh you poor deceived child of that woman who sits on the seven hills of Rome, who claims to be the bride of Christ, but who instead, is the bride of the dead Emperor Constantine.

The Lord says in Revelation 18: 4-8.

Come out of her my people do not share in her sins
You must not share her punishment, her judgement day has come.
For her sins are piled to heaven, and God recalls her evil ways,
She says; “ I am no widow and I will never see the grave.”
Because of that, in just one day disease will strike her down
Plagues and famine she’ll receive, til finally she’ll be burned.
You must pay her back two fold for all that she has done
Fill her cup as she filled yours, but make it twice as strong.
For all the glory she has claimed and all her luxury,
Will be repaid this very day, with pain and misery.

God’s Truth wrote..........Be careful how you judge, for you are exposing who you are and what you do. I know now to what and whom I am debating.

S-word.........You neither know ‘Who I Am’ nor the Christ who was taken to the throne of the ‘MOST HIGH’where he was chosen as his successor, before being anointed and traslated from a physical body to a spiritual body in order that he should never experience death.

The Christ, who was chosen to serve God before the body of Adam into all eternity. The only exception of all mankind to have ascended into heaven and descended in the days of Abraham, who chose him as his God.

Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist, and Hanna, the mother of Mary were sisters, making John and Mary first cousins.

John, who was chosen by the “Light of Man” the controlling personality within the Logos, to Baptise with water, which was symbolic of the great flood, when the old body of Adam was submerged in water and the new body of Enoch, ‘The Anointed One=The Christ’ arose.

God’s Truth wrote..........Speak according to the Holy Bible. Show scripture for what you say.

S-word..........John 1:32-34New International Version (NIV) 32 "Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. 33 "And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The 'MAN' on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 "I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”

Now we know from Matthew 3: 13-14, that John knew that his cousins son, ‘Jesus’ was greater than he. 13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptised by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptised by you, and yet you come to me.”

But it was not until after he had baptised Jesus, and had seen the spirit descend upon him in the form of a dove, and heard the heavenly voice say, “You are my son, (My chosen heir and successor) ‘THIS DAY’ I have begotten thee, or THIS DAY’ I have become your Father,” that John knew that Jesus was God’s CHOSEN one.

John knew that his cousins son ‘Jesus’ was greater than he, and at first, refused to baptise him, but he did not know at that time, that Jesus was the one chosen by the “Light of Man” who told John that the man on whom he saw the spirit descend upon in bodily form was the one he had chosen to baptise with that spirit, which he was to receive. And it was only after John had baptised his cousin's son that he saw the spirit descend upon Jesus.

If John had believed that his cousin Mary was an ever virgin, and that Jesus was born without male semen having been introduced into her dormant female egg, something that has never been known to have happened, do you think that he would have doubted that Jesus was the chosen Messiah? But he did. While in prison awaiting his execution, he sent his disciples to ask Jesus, if he was really the one, or if they had to wait for another.

God’s Truth wrote.........You act as if they all lived together and you act as if Mary and Joseph told everyone their business. You think the writers of the New Testament scriptures were idiots and did not think of things, while they were making it up, according to you?

S-word..........Well we certainly know that John knew that his second cousin Jesus was far greater than he, John even believed that he was not worthy enough to Baptise him, and this was before he knew that he was the CHOSEN one of God.

The Gospel authors were not idiots as you insinuate, they spoke the truth. It was the Roman church of Emperor Constantine, who has twisted and distorted the sciptures in her attempt to deceive the gullible such as yourself, into beleiving that Jesus was not of the seed of Adam, and was not born physically as are all the descendants of Adam.

If Jesus had been born of a pure virgin, this would have been the greatest miracle of all, as being raised from the dead was old hat, Elijah had done it and his successor Elisha had done it also .

God’s Truth wrote.........Being raised from the dead is easier to prove than being born of a virgin. You have no sense.

S-word...........How many people in the scriptures have been said to have been raised from the dead? And how many have been said to have been born of a perpetual virgin? Something that is not scriptural, as the Greek term 'Parthenos' does not mean 'VIRGIN' as you have been deceived into believing.

But Mark, who is believed to have been Mark the son of Peter, and John the beloved disciple of Jesus, Both ignore the physical birth of Jesus as being totally irrelevant, and begin their accounts of the salvation, with the spiritual birth of Jesus, when the spirit of the lord descended upon Jesus in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say; “You are my son (My chosen heir and successor) this day I have begotten thee---This day I have become your Father.”

Matthew is mentioned in Matthew 9:9 and Matthew 10:3 as a publican who, while sitting at the "receipt of custom" in Capernaum, was called to follow Jesus. And Matthew simply confirms that Jesus was the fulfilment of the Lords prophecy through his prophet Isaiah, who said than an Almah=a young unmarried woman who is pregnant will bear a son, who would be the vessel in which the Lord would reveal himself to the world, the Emmanuel.

But your mother church continues the lie, by saying that a virgin would bear that child, when they have been forced to admit, that Isaiah never did say that. Read Isaiah 7: 14.

God’s truth wrote...........You defeat yourself with your own argument. What is so miraculous about a young married woman having a child?

S-word.............The emphases is not on the fact that an unmarried woman would bear a child, but that a child conceived out of wedlock, would be chosen as the earthy host body, through which the Lord would reveal himself to the world.

For when the anointed one was about to come into the world, he said, “Sacrifices and burnt offerings you did not want, but a body you have prepared for me, etc.”That body was the man Jesus, who, before he was given divine glory by the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, See Acts 3: 13; Hebrew 5: 7-10; “In his life on earth Jesus made his prayers and requests with loud cries and tears to God who could save him from death. Because he was humble and devoted, God heard him. But even though he was 'A' son of God, (Not God’s Son, or THE son of God, but A son of God, check it out in the Appendix of Strong’s Concordance, or The King James, Amplified, or The Revised Standard translations. all Israelites are sons of God according to God’s word, see Psalms 82: 6; ‘You are gods,’ I said; ‘all of you are sons of the Most High.’) HE learned through suffering to be obedient, when he was made perfect (through his obedience, and could then be used as the host body through which our God, ‘The Son of Man’ could then revealed himself, through the life, the miracles and the words that would be seen and heard through his obedient servant and earthy image, who did, nor spoke one word on his own authority other than that which he was commanded by the Lord our saviour.) The one who God had prepared for his heavenly anointed one, then became the source through whom salvation could be gained from our Lord God and saviour, who rose Jesus from death and will raise all those, who are united to him also.

And Luke reveals that Jesus was the biological son of Mary and her half brother Joseph who were both sired by Alexander Helios=Heli.

But I realise that your mother church has deceived you with her lies, that your head is so mixed up and set as hard as concrete, that one would have to use a sledge hammer to shatter that conglomerate and let the light of truth shine in.

God’s Truth wrote..........I believe that God the creator of everything knows how to preserve His Word, and He did, in the Holy Bible.

S-word.........He certainly did, and all who study the Holy Scriptures and not the lying teachings of the worthless shepherd, can easily see through the lies and corruptions that have been introduced by your mother church.

It would make it easier if you would use the quote feature.

Click on 'Reply With Quote', then at the top of the page there will a bracket [ and then the word QUOTE then an = and the person's screen name and some numbers and another bracket ]. Then after the sentence or sentences you want to quote, put a bracket [ with a slash / and the word QUOTE in capital letters and then another bracket ], put no spaces, that is how to begin and end what you want quoted from someone else's post. I hope that helps.

daqq

It was you who confounded it by quoting a translation of the Hebrew text when you should have known that Paul quotes from the Septuagint. The Septuagint does not say what your translation of the Hebrew text says, (and for good reason). And how is it that you cannot see my point? How does it give glory to the Father to take His Name and give it to His Son instead? Your rendering is therefore designed for one thing and one thing only: to support your own privately held doctrine which is not found in the scripture. You did not even take the time to understand how the whole passage is rendered in the Septuagint and therefore, just as your favorite English translation of the Hebrew, you do not understand what is actually written in the Hebrew text because you cared not to understand how it was read according to the ancients who rendered the Septuagint which Paul quotes from.

S-word

BANNED
Banned

The Greek Kurios, is translated as "Lord, Sir, or Master. "Who are you said Saul in answer to the voice that came out of the blinding light, to which the voice answered, "I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you persecute."

Acts 3: 13, The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors has given divine glory to his servant Jesus, who now sits in the throne of our heavenly Father, see Revelation 3: 21; where Jesus invites all, who like himself are able to win the victory over the ruler of this world, to sit beside him in our Father throne of Godhead to the creation.

beameup

It was you who confounded it by quoting a translation of the Hebrew text when you should have known that Paul quotes from the Septuagint. The Septuagint does not say what your translation of the Hebrew text says, (and for good reason). And how is it that you cannot see my point? How does it give glory to the Father to take His Name and give it to His Son instead? Your rendering is therefore designed for one thing and one thing only: to support your own privately held doctrine which is not found in the scripture. You did not even take the time to understand how the whole passage is rendered in the Septuagint and therefore, just as your favorite English translation of the Hebrew, you do not understand what is actually written in the Hebrew text because you cared not to understand how it was read according to the ancients who rendered the Septuagint which Paul quotes from.

In the BEGINNING was the WORD
and the WORD was with GOD
and the WORD was GOD

Any questions?

daqq

In the BEGINNING was the WORD
and the WORD was with GOD
and the WORD was GOD

Any questions?

Yeah, why did you ignore what I said? :)

Isaiah 45:23-24 Septuagint Brenton English Translation
23 By myself I swear, righteousness shall surely proceed out of my mouth; my words shall not be frustrated; (45:24) that to me every knee shall bend, and every tongue shall swear by God,
24 (45:25) saying, Righteousness and glory shall come to him: and all that remove them from their borders shall be ashamed.

Isaiah 45:23-24 OG LXX
45:23 κατ' εμαυτου ομνυω η μην εξελευσεται εκ του στοματος μου δικαιοσυνη οι λογοι μου ουκ αποστραφησονται οτι εμοι καμψει παν γονυ και εξομολογησεται πασα γλωσσα τω θεω
45:24 λεγων δικαιοσυνη και δοξα προς αυτον ηξουσιν και αισχυνθησονται παντες οι αφοριζοντες εαυτους
http://bibledatabase.net/html/septuagint/23_045.htm

The Tetragrammaton equivalent, (κυριος), is entirely missing from the above; and that is also how Paul quotes it, except that he opens the statement with "As I live, says the Lord, (Kurios), but that portion is not even found in the Hebrew text and rather appears to be implied by the statement, "I have sworn by Myself", (Isaiah 45:23a).

Romans 14:11 W/H
11 γεγραπται γαρ ζω εγω λεγει κυριος οτι εμοι καμψει παν γονυ και πασα γλωσσα εξομολογησεται τω θεω

Romans 14:11 ASV
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, to me every knee shall bow, And every tongue shall confess to God.

The above is not found in the Hebrew text from which you quoted an English translation.
Here is the Restored KJV so that anyone may see where the Tetragrammaton appears:

Isaiah 45:23-24 KJV Restored Name
45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
45:24 Surely, shall one say, in YHWH have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.

http://yahushua.net/scriptures/isa45.htm

What I am saying is that the Septuagint is indeed a translation of the Hebrew text which we still have today, (but at that time it was without the vowel pointing). However the way in which those who rendered the Septuagint from the Hebrew into the Greek were reading the Hebrew text was not the same way in which your modern English translators are reading the Hebrew text today. The Septuagint reading is correct and therefore so is Paul; but you and yours, and king Jimmy and his court, and all translations which follow suit, are incorrect. Thus, when it comes to Philippians 2:11 and how you rendered and quoted it, your rendering of it wrongly inserts the Tetragrammaton for no other reason than that you think it supports your belief system.

Last edited:

daqq

Proverbs 8
22 The LORD created me at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts of old.
23 Ages ago I was set up, at the first, before the beginning of the earth.
24 When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no springs abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains had been shaped, before the hills, I was brought forth;
26 before he had made the earth with its fields, or the first of the dust of the world.
27 When he established the heavens, I was there, when he drew a circle on the face of the deep,
28 when he made firm the skies above, when he established the fountains of the deep,
29 when he assigned to the sea its limit, so that the waters might not transgress his command, when he marked out the foundations of the earth,
30 then I was beside him, like a master workman; and I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always,
31 rejoicing in his inhabited world and delighting in the sons of men.

Excellent, thank you, and welcome to the board! :)

You managed to quote not only something that applies to the topic but even likewise from the Greek version relates to what Patrick just brought up, (the beginning, arche)!

Proverbs 8:22 LXX
22 κυριος
[YHWH] εκτισεν [made-created] με [me] αρχην [arche-commencement-the-beginning, Mk 1:1, Jn 1:1] οδων αυτου εις εργα αυτου