ECT In spite of Gal 2, Peter considered himself apostle to the Gentiles

john w

Hall of Fame
If you and andy were working side by side in the field, I spect he'd be tempted to rise up and slay you, saint john.

And he is grinding those big, bad wolfie molars, every time he reads my posts, Mayor. And you and I know what causes that!

Danoh

And he is grinding those big, bad wolfie molars, every time he reads my posts, Mayor. And you and I know what causes that!

Actually, that's because he's pie-ning for his lover boy, Tet - who is off at one of those "Latest Preterism Notions" conventions now the rage all over the country.

john w

Hall of Fame
quote-did-you-know-that-from-the-beginning-of-time-the-whole-purpose-of-god-was-to-reproduce-morris-cerullo-68-83-25.jpg
Ize better not toucheth the Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd's anointed!!!!! I feel the guh-loh-reeee cloud entering the TOL room, saints!!!!!! Do I hear an Ay-meyennn????!!!

God's Truth

1. Why don't you answer most of the questions, that others have asked you, over the years? Rhetorical q. So there.

2. If you would kindly provide chapter and verse, of the scriptures, where the LORD God demands I answer any and all questions, from anyone, especially questions from children of the devil, and insignificant, irrelevant "members" of TOL, such as yourself, I will.

I thought so.

I answer all questions asked of me.

Now tell me why did Paul shave his head?

john w

Hall of Fame
Explained above.

The Jewish believers you refer to, also thought that the gentiles should be circumcised. It was a big cultural transition, one that Peter struggled with.

Gal 2:14- 16
But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? "We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, "knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Peter was living as a gentile, and Paul said "even we who are justified by faith in Christ". Paul gave him a slap for compromising.

Oprah opinion.Paul was not merely some "13th apostle flunkie," as you would have it, being a "Peter and Mary," less Paul, groupie, "Back to Pentecost" fan, Opie, a bored apostle, awaiting "the anointing," and had some scalped tickets to attend a circumcision; no, Ope-he made provision for it, sponsored and participated in the ritual, much like a Nascar sponsor, and also fulfilled the Mosaic sacrifices, offerings, for the ritual purification for himself.

john w

Hall of Fame
Changing the subject again I see.

Cheerio!

I revised your "Cheerio," Ope:
"Lah dee dee oh, lah dee dee oh, lah dee dee oh, lah dee re uh, Moshambo jumbo lai uh lalalalalalalala shamba lamda mumbo!!!!!!"

No charge. But, going forward, I charge $200 a day, plus expenses.

john w

Hall of Fame
I answer all questions asked of me.
No, you have not, punter.

Now tell me why did Paul shave his head?

1. He was trying out for the part of the third stooge?

2.For over the 50th time: If you would kindly provide chapter and verse, of the scriptures, where the LORD God demands I answer any and all questions, from anyone, especially questions from children of the devil, and insignificant, irrelevant "members" of TOL, such as yourself, I will.

I thought so.

God's Truth

No, you have not, punter.

2.For over the 50th time: If you would kindly provide chapter and verse, of the scriptures, where the LORD God demands I answer any and all questions, from anyone, especially questions from children of the devil, and insignificant, irrelevant "members" of TOL, such as yourself, I will.

I thought so.

Why do you say that, John W?

Paul was not trying out for that role.

We are debating, you went against me, so you should answer questions.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Acts 15 is quite clear. There seems to be no fuss about it, either.

Um Pete had the keys?
The story goes as follows
1. Pentecost
2. Phillip in Samaria
3. Peter to Samaria
4. Saul saved
5. Pete dreams
6. Pete to the Gentiles
7. Paul

Pete uses the key to open door to the Jews (1)
Samaritans (2)
Gentiles (3)

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Interplanner

Um Pete had the keys?
1. Pentecost
2. Phillip in Samaria
3. Peter to Samaria
4. Saul saved
5. Pete dreams
6. Pete to the Gentiles
7. Paul

Samaritans (2)
Gentiles (3)

15:7 is that God selected Peter to speak to the Gentiles.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Um Pete had the keys?
1. Pentecost
2. Phillip in Samaria
3. Peter to Samaria
4. Saul saved
5. Pete dreams
6. Pete to the Gentiles
7. Paul

Samaritans (2)
Gentiles (3)

Nope :nono:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
15:7 is that God selected Peter to speak to the Gentiles.

Figure it out. It's so simple it's easy to miss.
Peter is not the apostle to the Gentiles.
However, Paul can not begin his ministry to the Gentiles until peter first used the keys to the kingdom given to him by Messiah. This is why the story of Acts which is predominantly tracing the ministry of Paul, tells the story of Paul's conversion is interrupted by Peter and Neal's episode. Which after a gentile gets saved, Acts picks up with Paul and Pete disappears again.

Get saved

john w

Hall of Fame
Why do you say that, John W?

Paul was not trying out for that role.

We are debating, you went against me, so you should answer questions.

I thought so.