Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Idol worship.
Does it look anything like this?

idol%20worship%2013_zps9dmlxcdg.jpg

daqq

I have changed nothing in this post including the bold red from the author himself:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by daqq
Where do you get the idea that these things are somehow only expounded in the "Holy KJV N.T.", (as you put it)? :

Colossian: 1 KJV N.T.
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints.

In the above, the Holy KJV N.,T. says that the mystery of God's kingdom of heaven was hidden until Jesus brought it to only the Saints, just 2000 odd yeas ago. The Holy KJV N.T. says that this mystery is not in the O.T. and it is not every where in the Holy KJV N.T.

The Holy KJV N.T. says the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven was available to Abraham's people, only 2000 odd years ago and not to everyone. It was made available only to the twelve disciples in private sessions among only them. This is further qualified and also supported by the Holy KJV N.T. in the following:

Matthews: 13 KJV N.T.
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

In the above revelation, the Holy KJV N.T. says that, Jesus gave the mystery of God's kingdom of heaven to only the disciples (the Saints) in very private session among only them.

John: 6 KJV N.T.
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

In the above revelations, the Holy KJV N.T. says that the disciples were chosen by God for Jesus and they were very special in that only they were given by God to follow Jesus and so get/know the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven from Jesus.

Matthews: 8 KJV N.T.
22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

The above is precisely and literally what the Holy KJV N.T. says.

Please do not desecrate my Holy book. None-Christians (some of who pretend to be Christians) are always taking pot shots at my Holy KJV N.T. and corrupting and distorting its revelations. This would not do. This is a polite request that you stop. Show respect to/for my Holy Book, the KJV N.T., in the same manner that you request respect for your Holy Book.

You are free to ignore the Holy KJV N.T. and esteem other Holy Books, of your choice. You are not permitted to desecrate, corrupt and distort the Holy KJV N.T. so as to promote your Holy Book.

Clearly you do not think that the KJV N.T. is Holy. You perceive that eh Holy KJV N.T. must be corrected and reinterpreted according to you ideas. That is fine . . . for you and yours.

However you must leave (the chosen few) Christians and their Holy Book (the KJV N.T.), alone, with its literal purity.

This is a sad case of KJV ONLY-ism idol worship if I have ever seen one.
Please pray for Gurucam. :)

daqq

mysticesoteric.com-Tissot-Moses-and-Joshua-in-the-Tabernacle.jpg

Just saying :rolleyes:
People want to sit here and be obnoxiously legalistic.

:rotfl: The one is wearing the Breastplate of Righteous Judgment on his back.
At least find an artist who actually reads the scripture . . . :chuckle:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Is that pic just a made up imagination, or is there an example in scripture of people bowing before the ark?

The Ark of the Covenant was literally imbued with God. By your obnoxious legality, God commanded idolatry.

There doesn't need to be an example of anything in scripture- you all are a bunch of idiots :rolleyes:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Idols for sale!

08CMK_M_SHANMUGAM_1423333g.jpg

Idols for sale!

0_4200_79_2711_two_religious-idols-stores-ls42.jpg

Acts 19:25-28 KJV
(25) Whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation, and said, Sirs, ye know that by this craft we have our wealth.
(26) Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:
(27) So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.
(28) And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

ThreeAngels

I know one idol which people cherish, and that is their own ideas. Our ideas, our senses are not trustworthy if they do not agree with the standard of truth, the bible.

daqq

:rotfl: The one is wearing the Breastplate of Righteous Judgment on his back.
At least find an artist who actually reads the scripture . . . :chuckle:

There doesn't need to be an example of anything in scripture- you all are a bunch of idiots :rolleyes:

Perhaps if you also had read the scripture you would not have chosen such a ridiculous image:

Exodus 28:30 KJV
30 And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before the LORD continually.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Ark of the Covenant was literally imbued with God. By your obnoxious legality, God commanded idolatry.

Doesn't need to line up with scripture, huh.
Such is the mind of a Calvinist.

The ark was not built as an icon of GOD.

Cruciform

Idol worship.
Does it look anything like this?

idol%20worship%208_zpsf1ao9vqg.jpg
Nope, sorry. An "idol" is something which is made for the purpose of worshiping in place of the true God. Given that Catholics in no way "worship" Mary or any other past Saint, this statue of Mary simply cannot---by definition---properly be termed an "idol." Where there is no worship, there can be no "idolatry". Sorry for your confusion.

PureX

When we confuse the icons, idols, and artifacts with the divine entities they were intended to merely represent, it's called idol worship. Or in a word: idolatry.

The most prevalent example on TOL is the idolatry of the Bible, when people treat the written text as if God had written or spoken it. Treating a man-made book as if it were the voice of God is no different than treating a man-made statue as if it were the embodiment of God. It's all idol worship … and it's all idolatry.

Visual icons and intellectual artifice (mythos) are fine, so long as we understand that's what they are. Unfortunately, a lot of people do not understand that this is what they are, and so they make false idols of them by presuming them to be the reality of God.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope, sorry. An "idol" is something which is made for the purpose of worshiping in place of the true God.
Nah.
Doesn't have to be "in place of", but can also be in addition to.

But I agree that all those popes and priests and pew-sitters that bow before and pray to those idols are not worshiping GOD at all.
There is no connection between those idols and GOD.

But pagans love to have idols with no connection to GOD to bow down before and pray to.
The more, the better --- that's their slogan.