I feel sorry for people closed minded to Catholicism

republicanchick

yeh, for sure, they are missing out BIG TIME

But hey, you can lead a horse to water but you c an't...

I have been in just about every "church" you can imagine.. but none has what the Catholic Church has...

What's that, you may ask?

well, it does no good to say... but you can read past threads/posts of mine..

anyway, I did find ONE non-Catholic "church" I like

but I won't say which one b/c ... well, heck, same thing... no one seems to listen...

hard headed, etc..

+

eddie17

Well im still searching a church tried almost all around where i live,would be nice to find one that lets the homeless and drug addicts in and let them have free tea and biscuits and shower (if they have some) and even let them sleep over for a roof over there head.

Or is it just a matter of keeping the congregation happy and not rocking the boat,and keeping our little clicks together.

republicanchick

Well im still searching a church tried almost all around where i live,would be nice to find one that lets the homeless and drug addicts in and let them have free tea and biscuits and shower (if they have some) and even let them sleep over for a roof over there head.

Or is it just a matter of keeping the congregation happy and not rocking the boat,and keeping our little clicks together.

a church like that would still be... not the one Christ founded (necessarily) and would not necessarily have the Eucharist

some Catholic Churches help the poor... not enough, that is true...

but anyhow

Robert Pate

Banned
You won't find the truth in a church.

The truth is only found in the Bible. The Bible reveals the Gospel and how we are justified by faith apart from works.

Jesus said, "And few there be that find it". Find the Gospel that Justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

The Catholic church has NOT found it. They are to busy trying to re-habilitate the old dead Adam that was crucified with Christ, Romans 6:6.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I have been in just about every "church" you can imagine.. but none has what the Catholic Church has...

well, it does no good to say...

Of course it doesn't. Though it does help that you are so eager to insist the Catholic Church has so much going for it ... even though you are unable to list it's attributes.

oatmeal

but I won't say which one b/c ... well, heck, same thing... no one seems to listen...

hard headed, etc..

+

Roman Catholicism is scripturally emaciated and destitute.

Why would I bother with RCism when I can read scripture for myself?

Especially when I get instructed by those who take God's words to heart

Cons&Spires

BANNED
Banned
Being closed minded to Catholicism is mostly within the ranks of those such as traditional Baptists.

They've been trained to basically see Catholicism as a an entirely different entity altogether, apart from Christianity, especially among it's more senior ranks.

Robert Pate

Banned
you don't know one thing about me or my experiences, yet you tell me this kind of thing

presumptuous

icky

I know Catholicism

You don't

Experiences?

Are you going to base your salvation on your experience?

God has given us a book called the Bible. In this book he reveals to us all that we need to know to be saved.

You need to read Gods word and believe it.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"...[Y]ou can lead a horse to water but you can't..."
Water :idunno: sand Jn 4:10

"I have been in just about every "church" you can imagine.. but none has what the Catholic Church has..."
The little boys don't feel that way. :granite:

"...[A]nyway, I did find ONE non-Catholic "church" I like..."
From the Roman Catholic Church to seeker-friendly. :dizzy: You're going places. :eek: 2 Ti 4:3

"...ut I won't say which one b/c ... well, heck, same thing... no one seems to listen..."
Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23).

See:

Roman Catholicism

kayaker

hard headed, etc..

+

ROFLOL>>>> You ever try furosemide, lasix, a diuretic? That horse will drink a swimming pool of consecrated baptismal water. You know, that water God used to destroy the wicked in Noah's day. That water God separated via Moses to destroy Pharoah's army trying to cross the Red Sea. That water you folks consecrate (make holy) to baptize with. John the Baptist didn't consecrate the Jordan before Jesus was baptized, and the Spirit descended upon Jesus... not the water. But, your elite can turn that water God used to destroy the wicked into some manner of 'baptismal spiritual regeneration' that replaced circumcision being a manner of salvation? If anything, your consecrated baptismal water raises the spirits of those wicked folk God smote with the flood and the Red Sea.

You folk ever try consecrated IV fluid? Great for demon dialysis! Your early church fathers would have literally devoured Jesus' body had He not ascended, right? When your Eucharist wine can be used for blood transfusions, and your wafers used for skin grafts and organogenesis (growing organs), let me know.

Otherwise... enjoy the ride!

kayaker

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Catholicism teaches that salvation is through Mary:

"God has committed to her the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that through her are obtained every hope, every grace, and all salvation. For this is his will, that we obtain everything through Mary.” (Pius IX: Encycl., Ubi primum, February 2, 1849.)

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Salvation is through Christ Jesus and no one else:

(John 14:6) Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Salvation is not through Mary, it's through Christ Jesus.

Cruciform

And I, for those blinded by it 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV.
Now you can go ahead and apply all three of those biblical texts to the myriad competing and contradictory recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects of Protestantism---including yours.

Buzzword

I feel sorry for people closed minded to Agnosticism or Atheism.

Seriously, if you've never taken the time to truly consider either position, you've missed out on reams of amazing jokes at the expense of religion.

Cruciform

Catholicism teaches that salvation is through Mary:
In a secondary and derivative sense, yes. However, Jesus alone went to the cross to redeem humanity and, in that sense, only Jesus is the Savior.

Salvation is not through Mary, it's through Christ Jesus.
In the specific sense mentioned above, yes. Your glaring False Dilemma Fallacy, however, is noted.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

hard headed, etc..

+

I agree. They're missing out of the chance to:

1) Pray to Mary and the Saints.
2) Worship the Pope.
3) Have the Priests watch over their children.
4) Worship idols.
5) Work their way to Heaven.
6) Be forgiven of their sins by some Priest.
7) Hear repetitious prayers that are scripted.

Yeah, people are really missing out!! What a shame, huh?

Cons&Spires

BANNED
Banned
I feel sorry for people closed minded to Agnosticism or Atheism.

Seriously, if you've never taken the time to truly consider either position, you've missed out on reams of amazing jokes at the expense of religion.

Well they are essentially two interchangeable standings- an atheist is an agnostic, and an agnostic is an atheist.
Whether you may or may not be ideally inclined to something spiritual is irrelevant, because there is nonetheless an unbelief in a deity.

The thing is, agnosticism tends to be perpetual. You aren't going to receive empirical evidence unless God comes down Himself, and by then, you're trying to swim after a boat that's done sailed.

Cruciform

I agree. They're missing out of the chance to:

1) Pray to Mary and the Saints.
See this.

2) Worship the Pope.
Straw Man Fallacy, since Catholics simply do not "worship" the pope. Try again.

3) Have the Priests watch over their children.
According to public statistics, children are at far more risk being watched by a public school teacher or family member than a Catholic priest. Try again.

4) Worship idols.
Straw Man Fallacy, since Catholics simply do not "worship" sacred objects or images. Try again.

5) Work their way to Heaven.
Straw Man Fallacy, since Catholics do not believe that they can "work their way" to heaven, nor does the Church teach any such thing. Rather, salvation is wholly by God's grace. Try again.

6) Be forgiven of their sins by some Priest.
See this.

7) Hear repetitious prayers that are scripted.
See this.

All you've shown here is your vast ignorance of the Catholic Church and its teachings.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+