'I AM' - the Name of God

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I strongly disagree.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Prove it with scripture or dump the idea.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

LA

beameup

God created through His speaking His Word and from His Word was Jesus born and raised up.

LA

Jesus is the WORD
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. - John 1:1-3

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. - Luke 1:35 - "begotten by the Holy Spirit"

keypurr

Prove it with scripture or dump the idea.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

LA
I have been showing you for over four years now. You just refuse to see it or your unable to.

keypurr

Jesus is the WORD
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. - John 1:1-3

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. - Luke 1:35 - "begotten by the Holy Spirit"
No, Jesus is not the word.
The express image of the Father is the word. This spirit is the true son that God used at the creation.

beameup

No, Jesus is not the word.
The express image of the Father is the word. This spirit is the true son that God used at the creation.

I quoted the opening verses in John's gospel. Perhaps you didn't read it?
"the WORD was with God and the WORD was God". It really couldn't be any clearer.
Perhaps you don't believe in the Bible as the WORD of God??

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins. - John 8:24

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the WORD of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. - Hebrews 11:3

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
"the WORD was with God and the WORD was God". It really couldn't be any clearer.

I'd look deeper into understanding the greek philosophic concept of 'logos' first, and that some translations call the logos 'it', not 'he' ;) Therefore, the principle of the logos as the 'creative word' of 'God' may not be some pre-incarnate Jesus-figure, but a divine wisdom-concept or 'principle/plan/idea/logic' that is not necessarily 'personal', but came upon the man Jesus and worked thru him. There is a variety of Christological ideas for you to choose from,...don't get too stuck with the RCC one,...its not the only possible view ;)

beameup

I'd look deeper into understanding the greek philosophic concept of 'logos' first, and that some translations call the logos 'it', not 'he' ;) Therefore, the principle of the logos as the 'creative word' of 'God' may not be some pre-incarnate Jesus-figure, but a divine wisdom-concept or 'principle/plan/idea/logic' that is not necessarily 'personal', but came upon the man Jesus and worked thru him. There is a variety of Christological ideas for you to choose from,...don't get too stuck with the RCC one,...its not the only possible view ;)

I've discussed the Triune God before and mentioned the "role" of each member.
Overwhelmingly, the 2nd Person is throughout the Old Testament, reaching out to man.

The original "vehicle" for communicating the true nature of God is the Paleo-Hebrew, which is a very "earthy" language and lacks the ability to communicate "abstract" concepts like the Koine Greek does. So, I would caution against placing too much emphasis on the word "logos" without balancing it with the revelations about God in the Hebrew Old Testament.

Last edited:

daqq

Yep, nowhere does it say that "the Word became the flesh of Jesus in the womb of Mary" in John Ch. 1. It is nothing more than an assumption from a carnal mindset trying to read a spiritual Gospel full of gnosis.

keypurr

Trust me, I have read it many times over the years in many translations. Your not seeing what it is telling you. It is not cut and dry friend. You only see the flesh son. There is so much more to Jesus Christ than that.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

beameup

Trust me, I have read it many times over the years in many translations. Your not seeing what it is telling you. It is not cut and dry friend. You only see the flesh son. There is so much more to Jesus Christ than that.

I see a hypostatic union of God and Man. In other words, God forever changed himself in order to be eternally linked (identified) with Mankind. Only God can "change himself" as well as create. I'd say that "God went the extra mile" in order to reach-out to Man.

Of course, the Devil doesn't like this and wants to put the blinders on as many as possible, so he can have some "company" in the hereafter.

keypurr

I see a hypostatic union of God and Man. In other words, God forever changed himself in order to be eternally linked (identified) with Mankind. Only God can "change himself" as well as create. I'd say that "God went the extra mile" in order to reach-out to Man.

Of course, the Devil doesn't like this and wants to put the blinders on as many as possible, so he can have some "company" in the hereafter.
Why do you put limits on your creator. God can delegate power to who he wishes, including his spiritual son. Did he not say all power was given to him by his Father? Does not Hebrews 1 say God created all through his son. It was not Jesus, he did not exist until he was born. But the spirit in him was with God at the creation.

beameup

Yep, nowhere does it say that "the Word became the flesh of Jesus in the womb of Mary" in John Ch. 1. It is nothing more than an assumption from a carnal mindset trying to read a spiritual Gospel full of gnosis.

It's only the blind that cannot see:
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:4

The Devil wants to have "company" in the hereafter.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

But scripture does say that salvation is through Jesus. (Matthew 1:21)

beameup

Why do you put limits on your creator.

Your creator is Jesus. All things were made by him. Then he entered into his creation through the birth-canal of Mary, and ended up dying for your sins. Now there is a man sitting on a throne in heaven.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your creator is Jesus. All things were made by him. Then he entered into his creation through the birth-canal of Mary, and ended up dying for your sins. Now there is a man sitting on a throne in heaven.

Yes there is now a man in Heaven, but the Bible tells us how that came about.

You are adding to Gods word by your saying Jesus was conscious alive before He was born.

The means of God entering the creation was by raising up a son by His word to dwell in, not a little baby.

LA

beameup

Yes there is now a man in Heaven, but the Bible tells us how that came about.

You are adding to Gods word by your saying Jesus was conscious alive before He was born.

The means of God entering the creation was by raising up a son by His word to dwell in, not a little baby.

LA

The Wise Men came from the East (Babylon) to worship the baby Jesus.
At 12 years of age, he was already about his heavenly Father's business (in the Temple).
It's all right there in the Gospels. That born of Mary was HOLY.

Angel to Mary: "The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that HOLY thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God." - Luke 1:35

That which is HOLY deserves to be WORSHIPPED.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Wise Men came from the East (Babylon) to worship the baby Jesus.
At 12 years of age, he was already about his heavenly Father's business (in the Temple).
It's all right there in the Gospels. That born of Mary was HOLY.

That which is HOLY deserves to be WORSHIPPED.

Ok worship--

1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Jesus did not start his ministry until the Holy Spirit of His Father came upon him after His baptism by John.--

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
Heb 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
Heb 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

It is the RCC doctrine which claims God became a little baby in Mary, which you represent.

LA

daqq

Why is it so hard for folks to see that.

Very simple, it is called programming:
1) Tell them they need "faith" and must believe what you say or they will go to hell.
2) Sweep the mind clean and empty out the house.
3) Insert dogma and tell them they are eternally saved from hell so long as they continue in your fold.
4) Send them out to gather more into the fold and fill the pews every Sunday for worship and tithing.

:)

But scripture does say that salvation is through Jesus. (Matthew 1:21)

And when the Son of man comes from where do you suppose he will come forth? The kingdom of Elohim is within you: is Messiah being formed in you as Paul says? What do you suppose will happen when the seed of the holy Word of YHWH begins to sprout, and grow up, and a Son of man comes forth from you? (For the Father seeks an elohim seed, Malachi 2:15). Will he be happy with what he finds you doing? Will he find faithful endurance and the patience of the holy ones in your land? The Master says, Think not that I am come to send peace upon the land: I came not to send peace, but a sword, (the machaira-sword of spiritual warfare). For I am come to sever a man from his father, and the daughter from her mother, and the daughter in law from her mother in law: and the enemies of a man shall be those of his own household, (Matthew 10:34-36 quoting from Micah 7:5-6 referencing Deuteronomy 13:6-11 which are all therefore supernal and internal). :)