'I AM' - the Name of God

beameup

Yeshua: I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins - John 8:24

Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I AM. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I AM, they all fell backward, and fell to the ground. John 18:4-6

And God said unto Moses, I AM - I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. Exodus 3:14

I AM = (Greek) egō eimi = I EXIST = (Hebrew) hayah הָיָה

daqq

Those Jews which rendered the Septuagint from the Hebrew into Greek sharply disagreed with you. And that was, at least concerning the Torah portions, some three hundred years BEFORE the advent of Messiah. And since the apostolic writers mostly all quote from the Septuagint they also sharply disagree with you and king James:

Exodus 3:14 LXX-Septuagint
14 και ειπεν ο θεος προς μωυσην εγω ειμι ο ων και ειπεν ουτως ερεις τοις υιοις ισραηλ ο ων απεσταλκεν με προς υμας

Exodus 3:14 LXX-Septuagint - Brenton English Translation
14 And God spoke to Moses, saying, I am THE BEING; and he said, Thus shall ye say to the children of Israel, THE BEING has sent me to you.

"εγω ειμι ο ων" ~ "I am HO ON" ~ "I am THE BEING"
"ο ων απεσταλκεν με προς υμας" ~ "HO ON (THE BEING) has sent me to you"

The emphasis in Greek was never on "εγω ειμι" but rather "ο ων" which is clearly spelled out in the Septuagint which most all the apostolic writers quote from in the New Testament. You are out of context and inventing your own doctrine with the superstitious notion that ye olde king James and his court were "inspired" in their highly erroneous rendering of the holy scriptures into ye olde English vernacular. :)

beameup

:mock:
. You are out of context and inventing your own doctrine with the superstitious notion that ye olde king James and his court were "inspired" in their highly erroneous rendering of the holy scriptures into ye olde English vernacular.
________________________________________________________________________________

The interlinear is available for anyone to check.
Strong's Concordance can be linked to the text for anyone to check.
It's not "rocket science".
for unless G1437 G3361 you believe G4100 that I AM G1510, you will die G599 in your sins G266 NASB-Strong's

Hebraic Roots Bible: For if you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins†
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interlinear:
ἐὰν γὰρ μὴ πιστεύσητε ὅτι ἐγώ εἰμι ἀποθανεῖσθε ἐν ταῖς ἁμαρτίαις ὑμῶν
If indeed not you-believe that I AM you-will-die in the sins of-you
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wescott-Hort:
ἐὰν γὰρ μὴ πιστεύσητε ὅτι ἐγώ εἰμι, ἀποθανεῖσθε ἐν ταῖς ἁμαρτίαις ὑμῶν.

Last edited:

daqq

________________________________________________________________________________

The interlinear is available for anyone to check.
Strong's Concordance can be linked to the text for anyone to check.
It's not "rocket science".

Interlinear:
ἐὰν γὰρ μὴ πιστεύσητε ὅτι ἐγώ εἰμι ἀποθανεῖσθε ἐν ταῖς ἁμαρτίαις ὑμῶν
If indeed not you-believe that I AM you-will-die in the sins of-you
Wescott-Hort:
ἐὰν γὰρ μὴ πιστεύσητε ὅτι ἐγώ εἰμι, ἀποθανεῖσθε ἐν ταῖς ἁμαρτίαις ὑμῶν.

You quoted Exodus 3:14 in your OP and I responded to that quote because it cuts off your false doctrine right at the head. Now you respond with something else that is irrelevant to what I posted. Is that why you put some of your scripture quotes in quote boxes? so that they do not show up in other peoples replies when they quote you? You are actually not laughing, mocking, and pointing your finger at me, but at the Word of Elohim, (this is shown not by my words that you quoted but by your response to my overall post). Tisk, tisk, to each his or her own I suppose. :)

beameup

You quoted Exodus 3:14 in your OP and I responded to that quote because it cuts off your false doctrine right at the head.

God's name revealed to Moses was "I AM"-"I AM"
Perhaps that is too complicated for you. :dunce:

Elia

Bs"d

"But the centurion answered him, “Lord, I am" Matthew 8:8

THE CENTURION IS ALSO GOD!!

"So when Pilate saw that he was gaining nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying, “I am" Matthew 27:24

PILATE IS ALSO GOD!!

"And Zechari′ah said to the angel, “How shall I know this? For I am" Luke 1:18

ZECHARIAH WAS ALSO GOD!!

"And the angel answered him, “I am Gabriel" Luke 1:19

GABRIEL IS ALSO GOD!!

And Mary said, “Behold, I am"

MARY IS ALSO GOD!!

There are so many gods in the NT!! And I only started to scratch the surface! It's unbelievable!!

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Last edited:

daqq

Bs"d

"So when Pilate saw that he was gaining nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying, “I am" Matthew 27:24

PILATE IS ALSO GOD!!

ZECHARIAH WAS ALSO GOD!!

GABRIEL IS ALSO GOD!!

MARY IS ALSO GOD!!

There are so many gods in the NT!! I only started to scratch the surface! It's unbelievable!!

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Exactly, it shows that the Trinitarian view must take certain words and make them into "super words" that mean something totally different when the particular word or words pertain to their own particular pet doctrines. It is an unjustified and unfair treatment of the text to make a point out of something that was never intended to be a point to begin with. And with all that chicanery how can just they sit back and say, "See, he said I AM GOD, and they are damned for not believing him! If I was there I would have believed him!" (lol, what liars they are because they would never believe anyone who said the same thing today to their face).

All that is important, and something every true Christian knows, is that the Jews sought to stone the Lord Jesus for proclaiming He is God, one and the same as the Old Testament "I am."

John 8

48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.
51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

And the Lord Jesus stated this truth "Verily, verily," or "Truly, truly," or "Most assuredly," a truth of importance and of emphasis. One either believes this or not, as well as other clear scripture of the deity of the Lord Jesus, that He is also the God of the Old Testament, the Word that dealt with man, that communicated to Moses, etc.

I believe this is something important to get straight, as important as the prospects of an eternity with the Lord or an eternity in hell, as you believe the Lord Jesus, or you don't. In other words, you who don't believe, you're, obviously, an unbeliever, as is also evidenced by having no Holy Spirit knowledge of this most fundamental truth as to the Person of the Lord Jesus, which is, likewise, a rejection of the Lord Jesus.

Philippians 2

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not
comprehend it.
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

daqq

All that is important, and something every true Christian knows, is that the Jews sought to stone the Lord Jesus for proclaiming He is God, one and the same as the Old Testament "I am."

John 8

48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.
51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

And the Lord Jesus stated this truth "Verily, verily," or "Truly, truly," or "Most assuredly," a truth of importance and of emphasis. One either believes this or not, as well as other clear scripture of the deity of the Lord Jesus, that He is also the God of the Old Testament, the Word that dealt with man, that communicated to Moses, etc.

I believe this is something important to get straight, as important as the prospects of an eternity with the Lord or an eternity in hell, as you believe the Lord Jesus, or you don't. In other words, you who don't believe, you're, obviously, an unbeliever, as is also evidenced by having no Holy Spirit knowledge of this most fundamental truth as to the Person of the Lord Jesus, which is, likewise, a rejection of the Lord Jesus.

All that is important, and something every true disciple of Yeshua knows, is that if Yeshua proclaimed himself to be God then by his own testimony he cannot be God. You have effectually proven that you do not know the true Messiah Yeshua:

John 5:31
31 If I testify concerning myself, my testimony is not true.

There is no way around this clear emphatic statement.
Yeshua therefore never claims to be God, but even if he did, then he more certainly is not.

You have condemned yourself because you clearly do not actually believe the Testimony of Yeshua as you claim, but rather, you make up your own doctrines and force-fit them into his Testimony for your own benefit. And without the real Testimony of Yeshua you have no Holy Spirit because that is the Spirit-Testimony of the New-Renewed Covenant.

There is no way around this clear emphatic statement.

Maybe it's time you put the Hebrews roots garbage and sacred names stuff away, repent and actually learn from the word of God. This could result in some truth coming from you, instead of slanderous, Satanic rhetoric that is shameful, of anybody naming Christ.

John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going."

Furthermore, and that in red is to you,

John 5

36 But I have a greater witness than John's; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish --- the very works that I do --- bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me.
37 And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
38 But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.

daqq

Maybe it's time you put the Hebrews roots garbage and sacred names stuff away, repent and actually learn from the word of God. This could result in some truth coming from you, instead of slanderous, Satanic rhetoric that is shameful, of anybody naming Christ.

John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going."

Ah yes, another viper bears its fangs and spews its venom. Dear offspring of vipers; how can you not tell the difference between "IF I testify" and "EVEN IF I do testify"? He is not saying that HE ACTUALLY DOES TESTIFY anywhere in the passage you quoted but you apparently have no reading comprehension with those thick black Trinity glasses clouding your view and judgement. In a court of law your argument would hold no water just as you yourself have hewn out of yourself a broken cistern which can hold no water of the Word, (Jeremiah 2:12-13). You only see what you want to see and now by your own quote in contrast to what I posted you show that you have no problem pitting one passage against another to nullify what you do not want to accept into your doctrine. Creating a contradiction in the scripture appears to be perfectly fine with you so long as you get to keep your precious pet doctrines. In this you reveal where your loyalties lie and whom it is that you truly do love the most.

beameup

In this post you can clearly see demonstrated the foolishness and desperation of "orthodox" Judaism:
Bs"d

PILATE IS ALSO GOD!!

ZECHARIAH WAS ALSO GOD!!

GABRIEL IS ALSO GOD!!

MARY IS ALSO GOD!!

There are so many gods in the NT!! And I only started to scratch the surface! It's unbelievable!!

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. Then took they up stones to cast at him - John 8:58-59

Stoning was the punishment prescribed by Moses for "blasphemy", however, the "scepter had departed" from Israel as they had no longer had "rights" to capitol punishment under Roman rulership.
So, we clearly see that it was Jews that pushed the Romans for Yeshua to be murdered.

Elia

Stoning was the punishment prescribed by Moses for "blasphemy", however, the "scepter had departed" from Israel as they had no longer had "rights" to capitol punishment under Roman rulership.
So, we clearly see that it was Jews that pushed the Romans for Yeshua to be murdered.

Bs"d

False prophets and blasphemers have to be executed, that is the word of God.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

beameup

Bs"d

False prophets and blasphemers have to be executed, that is the word of God.

You murdered a lot of Jewish believers in Israel during the 1st century.
This time, you won't be allowed to just accuse and murder Jewish believers in Yeshua.

Elia

You murdered a lot of Jewish believers in Israel during the 1st century.

Bs"d

Interesting, never heard about that one. What sources can you bring for that accusation?

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

daqq

Furthermore, and that in red is to you,

John 5

36 But I have a greater witness than John's; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish --- the very works that I do --- bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me.
37 And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
38 But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.

Where did you go offspring of vipers?
Did you not look closely enough at what I first quoted to you?
Why do you not believe what Yeshua says from the full context?

John 5:22-31 KJV
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto
the Son:
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear
the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given
to the Son to have life in himself;
27 And hath given
him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear
his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Can you not see that Yeshua says he is not testifying of himself herein where he testifies of the Son of Elohim? He only speaks of the Son of Elohim in the THIRD PERSON, and he says that the Son of Elohim is the Son of Man, and likewise he always speaks of the Son of Man in the THIRD PERSON; "he", "him", etc., and so on, always, (except in the one fallacious Textus Receptus KJV passage which you will no doubt quote if you even understand what I say here). The Father judges no one, (John 5:22), the man Yeshua judges no one, (John 8:15, John 12:47-48), but the Father has committed all judgment to the Son, (John 5:22), you are therefore greatly mistaken because the man Yeshua does not claim to be the Son of Elohim, nor the Son of Man whom he always speaks of in the third person, and neither does he claim to be the Logos-Word of Elohim.

John 5:22
22 For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment unto
the Son:

John 8:15
15 You judge according to the flesh: I judge no one.

John 12:47-48
47 And if anyone hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but that the world might be delivered.
48 He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him:
THE LOGOS that I have spoken, THAT ONE shall judge him in the last day.

And yet you assume to yourself the right to judge others while not knowing the Logos, tisk, tisk . . . :crackup:

:sheep:

daqq

Bs"d

Interesting, never heard about that one. What sources can you bring for that accusation?

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

He is really starting to sound an awful lot like "Dialm".

beameup

Bs"d

Just look at yourself. Given the opportunity and power, you would "stone" those you consider "heretics" and "idol worshippers".
All the believers in Yeshua Messiah in the first 15 years following his crucifixion were Jews... 100%.
About 40 AD the Pharisees and their henchmen began arresting, trying and stoning to death anyone they suspected of being a follower of Yeshua. This murdering binge didn't cease until 70AD when the Temple was destroyed.

This is common knowledge and recorded in the book of Acts. See Acts 7 for example.

daqq

That's pretty good. Check this out too, I think you'll like it. You don't have to be Catholic to appreciate it: http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p1.htm

Check this out too, post #2 from this very thread, I know you will not like it because it is true:

Those Jews which rendered the Septuagint from the Hebrew into Greek sharply disagreed with you. And that was, at least concerning the Torah portions, some three hundred years BEFORE the advent of Messiah. And since the apostolic writers mostly all quote from the Septuagint they also sharply disagree with you and king James:

Exodus 3:14 LXX-Septuagint
14 και ειπεν ο θεος προς μωυσην εγω ειμι ο ων και ειπεν ουτως ερεις τοις υιοις ισραηλ ο ων απεσταλκεν με προς υμας

Exodus 3:14 LXX-Septuagint - Brenton English Translation
14 And God spoke to Moses, saying, I am THE BEING; and he said, Thus shall ye say to the children of Israel, THE BEING has sent me to you.

"εγω ειμι ο ων" ~ "I am HO ON" ~ "I am THE BEING"
"ο ων απεσταλκεν με προς υμας" ~ "HO ON (THE BEING) has sent me to you"

The emphasis in Greek was never on "εγω ειμι" but rather "ο ων" which is clearly spelled out in the Septuagint which most all the apostolic writers quote from in the New Testament. You are out of context and inventing your own doctrine with the superstitious notion that ye olde king James and his court were "inspired" in their highly erroneous rendering of the holy scriptures into ye olde English vernacular. :)