Humility and Sell All Your Possessions and Properties

musterion

Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. (John 3:5 [NIV])

Don’t be astonished that I told you, ‘All of you must be born from above.’ The wind blows where it wants to. You hear its sound, but you don’t know where it comes from or where it is going. That’s the way it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” (John 3:7-8 [ISV])

“Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. “I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. (Ezekiel 36:26 [NASB])

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9 [KJV])

[1] In nothing then is there now condemnation to the ones in Christ Jesus, not walking according to flesh, but according to spirit. [2] For the law of the spirit of the life in Christ Jesus freed me from the law of the sin and of death. (Romans 8:1-2 [ABP])

But you are not in flesh, but in spirit, if indeed spirit of God lives in you. But if anyone does not have the spirit of Christ, this one is not of him. (Romans 8:9 [ABP])

You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. (Romans 6:18)

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (Daniel 9:24 [KJV])

And she shall bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he shall deliver his people from their sins. (Matthew 1:21 [ABP])

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:34-36 [NIV])

You shall be then yourselves perfect, as your father, the one in the heavens is perfect. (Matthew 5:48 [ABP])

And she said, No one, O Lord. And Jesus said to her, Nor I condemn you; go and from now sin no more! (John 8:11 [ABP])

For by one offering he has perfected in perpetuity the ones having been sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14 [ABP])

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. (Philippians 3:15 [KJV])

and congregation of the firstborn, who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous, who have been made perfect, (Hebrews 12:23 [NETBIBLE])

Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God. (Colossians 4:12 [KJV])

And let endurance have its perfect work, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (James 1:4 [BLB])

It isn't there. You made it up.

heir

TOL Subscriber
"baptism in the holy spirit" is not made up, take a look,

for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." (Acts 1:5)
You can't see that the above is not saying the same thing?

Which is made up and which was a real baptism? And what does the baptism of Acts 1:5 KJV have to do with any of us when there is but one baptism to us today (Ephesians 4:5 KJV)?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
You can't see that the above is not saying the same thing?

Which is made up and which was a real baptism? And what does the baptism of Acts 1:5 KJV have to do with any of us when there is but one baptism to us today (Ephesians 4:5 KJV)?

There is no difference with baptized with the holy spirit, and baptized in the holy spirit, the scriptures will use many varying phrases to mean the same event, hence,

"I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, 'He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.' (John 1:33)

While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. (Acts 10:44)

And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. (John 20:22)

"And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as He did upon us at the beginning. "And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.' (Acts 11:15-16)

But Saul, who was also known as Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, fixed his gaze on him, (Acts 13:9)

Do you not yet understand? To be born of God is to receive the holy spirit.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is no difference with baptized with the holy spirit, and baptized in the holy spirit, the scriptures will use many varying phrases to mean the same event, hence,
No, there is a baptism with the Holy Ghost in the Bible, but not a baptism in the Holy Ghost in the Bible. There are enough baptisms in the Bible that you need not make one up. Here's the one that concerns us today (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). Have you been baptized by one Spirit into one Body yet?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
No, there is a baptism with the Holy Ghost in the Bible, but not a baptism in the Holy Ghost in the Bible. There are enough baptisms in the Bible that you need not make one up. Here's the one that concerns us today (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). Have you been baptized by one Spirit into one Body yet?

"I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, 'He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.' (John 1:33)

Eagles Wings

Feel free to private message me, and we can discuss your experience as well as my own.
No need to pm on my part. The bottom line for me was that the leadership of these small households became controlling and works oriented.

When I am at the foot of the cross, with the Son of God and the Son of Man, I know I can now rest with the One who gave His life for me. All His work.

Solus Christus

heir

TOL Subscriber
It says "with"

John 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Have you been baptized by one Spirit into one Body yet?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
It says "with"

John 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Have you been baptized by one Spirit into one Body yet?

It depends on what translation you use, and as I explained, there are various ways to describe the same event. "born in spirit" is the "baptism with the holy spirit", which is also the "baptism in the holy spirit". It is when the spirit of God enters inside a believer. Just as there are unclean spirits that can enter in and possess a person, so there is holy spirit that can enter in and sanctify a body. There is always a manifestation of power, such as prophesying or speaking in a new language, whenever the spirit of God enters the body.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No need to pm on my part. The bottom line for me was that the leadership of these small households became controlling and works oriented.

When I am at the foot of the cross, with the Son of God and the Son of Man, I know I can now rest with the One who gave His life for me. All His work.

Solus Christus

You sound like MAD.

Eagles Wings

[MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] - I'm mad for portions of the day and the rest of the time I'm happy.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

What makes you think those passages are to you? Why haven't you sold out?

According to God's mercy, He saved us.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

You can't please God in the flesh.

Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

So now what?
You could be reciprocal to the blessings of God towards others without regard to differences other than need. You could be ever thankful for the blessings of GOD regardless of scenario. You could do all you can to spread the good news through example and not word alone.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

This is not the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth. Why are you placing it in front of what is like a speed bump?
Nonsense. If belief in the Christ's work doesn't motivate you to repent of sin then there is a problem.

If the selfless conscience doesn't shame you prior to knowing sin and at least afterward then there is another problem.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

heir

TOL Subscriber
You could be reciprocal to the blessings of God towards others without regard to differences other than need. You could be ever thankful for the blessings of GOD regardless of scenario. You could do all you can to spread the good news through example and not word alone.
You could get saved and have a clue when you trust the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV as the means of salvation and approve things that are excellent (Philippians 1:9-10 KJV) by 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.