How

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

To believe on, is not just believing something.

Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

LA

James was writing to the scattered sheep of the House of Israel, not
to the Gentiles. (Us)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
to the Gentiles. (Us)

Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
Jas 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
Jas 1:16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
Jas 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
Jas 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Jas 1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

God's Truth

Perhaps they don't understand the parable of the talents. We are given faith so that we serve God above our self.

Faith comes from hearing, being taught, persuaded, and convinced. Those who have been given much in life, as in given the capability to hear, be taught, persuaded, and convinced, they are of the ones who will have the talents taken from them if they have not given their life to Jesus.

God's Truth

If you were obeying God you would not be here on this earth.

You cannot even answer the question of the thread.

How do you love if you are not obeying God?

Please answer the question.

Your remark does not even make sense. I am seated with Jesus, and I have my thoughts heavenward.

Colossians 3:2 1Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. 3For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God

God's Truth

Back atcha.

131025-Plus-Size-Native-American-Brave-Costume-large.jpg

That is really entertaining for some; however, could you answer the question now?

I am begging you to answer the question.

God's Truth

If only they realized that, under grace, faith is what is required to obey God, not the religious works of righteousness that can be performed completely without the faith God required.

Jesus' teachings are not "religious works".

Jesus' teachings are full of Spirit and life, see John 6:63.

Please answer the question of the thread.

God's Truth

How to love comes only to those who were treated with unconditional caring, respect and fairness when they were young.
If it is only to those who were given unconditional love by their parents, then what hope for the rest of the world? So as you can tell by my comment, I do not agree with you.

By the way, love is NOT unconditional. Jesus says if you obey then God is your Father; and if you do wrong, then the devil is your father.

Did you hear that? It is clear.

Tell me, how much love is the spouse doing who doesn't help you, beats on you, consumes drugs, and commits adultery?

How much love is the parent doing who does not take care of their children?

How much love is your neighbor doing, your neighbor who steals from you and bears false witness?

Love does no harm.

Tell me, how do you love if you are not obeying Jesus?

You either have a good love within and can easily give it away to others, or your own dysfunctions continue to stifle any effort made on its behalf.

Don't you see what you just said? You said you either have "good love" or what?

Sometimes our relationships fail time and time again. Instead of blaming the other person, we need to look within ourselves first.
Who are you trying to blame?

We are freely able to love Jesus without any "un-Christ-like" conditions. All we need to do is come before him with humility.

What conditions are you proposing to be "un-Christ-like"?

God's Truth

Every life turned around by Jesus is a glorious thing. And God uses the truth of what He does by His truth to spread the truth.

Sounds like you are experiencing the truth of,
""If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For who ever would save his life would lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it." Luke 9:23-24
Awesome!

Surely we experience more and more of Him and His love the more we submit to Him.

Surrender is where freedom is.

We have to surrender first to be saved. Can you agree with that?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
to the Gentiles. (Us)

Jesus said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” (Matthew 15:24 NKJV)

He also said, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations..." (Matthew 28:19 NKJV)

Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. (Galatians 3:7 NKJV)​

God's Truth

Jesus said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” (Matthew 15:24 NKJV)

He also said, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations..." (Matthew 28:19 NKJV)

Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. (Galatians 3:7 NKJV)​

Exactly. GM will not accept the truth that when Jesus was on earth, he came only for the lost sheep of Israel, and when he was crucified, then all could come to him to be saved; see John 12:32.

Jesus' words are full of Spirit and life for EVERYONE. See John 6:63.

God's Truth

to the Gentiles. (Us)

GM, according to your beliefs, Jesus' words were full of Spirit and life only for the lost sheep of Israel. Tell me, how is it that you teach Jesus' words stop giving life? According to your beliefs, Jesus' words stop giving life past the lost sheep of Israel. According to you, Jesus' words are limited. Common sense should show you that what you say is wrong.

God's Truth

How could we be a slave to sin and a slave to God at the same time? I trust Jesus and His words, if we lose our life to Him we save it.

Just listen to what you said..."if we lose our life to Him we save it."

That is right, because you have to obey what Jesus says before you can be saved. You have to lose your life to...TO BE SAVED.

Can't you see it?

Jamie Gigliotti

Just listen to what you said..."if we lose our life to Him we save it."

That is right, because you have to obey what Jesus says before you can be saved. You have to lose your life to...TO BE SAVED.

Can't you see it?
Abosolutely if Jesus said it, it's truth. Why do people ignore His words?

God's Truth

Abosolutely if Jesus said it, it's truth. Why do people ignore His words?

Amen.

We have to believe Jesus to be saved. We have to believe what Jesus says. What does Jesus say? Jesus tells us what we have to do to be saved. We have to obey what Jesus says to be saved.

Right Divider

Body part

And He said BOTH of those things to His TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes of Israel.

When Israel REJECTED THEM, God revealed things to Paul, like Gods dispensing of grace to the world APART from Israel.
Rom 11:11 KJV I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
You need to look at BOTH the similarities AND the differences in the ministries of the TWELVE and the ONE. Too many people here (like you) see ONLY the similarities and completely ignore the differences. This is one reason that you're so confused about what God is doing today.

Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. (Galatians 3:7 NKJV)
Don't you think it odd that this verse comes just shortly after the twelve and Paul (and Barnabas) agreed to split the ministries with Paul (and Barnabas) going to the heathen and the twelve going to the circumcision? Especially in light of Matthew 28:19!

Also, don't forget that Israel will be resurrected!
Rom 11:15 KJV For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?