How

Jamie Gigliotti

How do you love if you are not obeying God?

So those that say they are full of His love and Grace and don't love and obey God are either deceived into thinking they have truly experienced His love or have experienced it and now reject it and Him and His love. The parable of the seed is alive and well.

God's Truth

So those that say they are full of His love and Grace and don't love and obey God are either deceived into thinking they have truly experienced His love or have experienced it and now reject it and Him and His love. The parable of the seed is alive and well.

I love the parable of the sower. I always believed in God and Jesus, but I knew I did not see, I knew I did not have ears that hear. I did not believe I was one of the righteous people. I was not of the in crowd growing up, and I did not have a good and lasting friendship with anyone. Nothing good really ever happened to me, so I asked myself why would God ever want anything to do with me.
I knew I did not understand, but I did not want to be as those who do not understand and the devil takes away what was sown in them. I was confused about those who had no root, and it bothered me that I might not have any roots. I did not want to be as the seed that was choked out by life's troubles. There was no way I thought I had good soil, which signifies a good and honest heart, so what hope was there for me? That part worried me the most. I did not understand any of it, but I knew what I wanted and what I did not want. I wanted to have God's Truth and to belong to Him more than I wanted anything else in life.

I remember telling God, I am nothing special by even human terms, but if I do everything that you say your children do, then maybe you will mistake me for one of yours and l can slip in behind you with the others.

So I started to do everything that I remembered ever hearing and reading about what Jesus said...admit I am a sinner, confess and repent of my sins, forgive others, do not steal, do not bear false witness, do not commit adultery.
I admitted I was a sinner, and then thought of every sin I had ever committed, even the sin of not feeling loved as a baby by a mother who no doubt loved me.

Jesus saved me after I believed and obeyed exactly as he said. I have a powerful testimony; which I am not sure that anyone here cares about.

God's Truth

There are people who think that their faith is great and that it is enough.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Those who preach we only have to have faith must not know the wonderful power in obeying Jesus, or else they would preach it too.

Perhaps they don't understand the parable of the talents. We are given faith so that we serve God above our self.

musterion

Back atcha.

131025-Plus-Size-Native-American-Brave-Costume-large.jpg

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
How do you love if you are not obeying God?
How to love comes only to those who were treated with unconditional caring, respect and fairness when they were young.

You either have a good love within and can easily give it away to others, or your own dysfunctions continue to stifle any effort made on its behalf.

Sometimes our relationships fail time and time again. Instead of blaming the other person, we need to look within ourselves first.

We are freely able to love Jesus without any "un-Christ-like" conditions. All we need to do is come before him with humility.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then you must believe that Paul is a liar.

Romans 4:5.

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

To believe on, is not just believing something.

Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

LA

Jamie Gigliotti

I love the parable of the sower. I always believed in God and Jesus, but I knew I did not see, I knew I did not have ears that hear. I did not believe I was one of the righteous people. I was not of the in crowd growing up, and I did not have a good and lasting friendship with anyone. Nothing good really ever happened to me, so I asked myself why would God ever want anything to do with me.
I knew I did not understand, but I did not want to be as those who do not understand and the devil takes away what was sown in them. I was confused about those who had no root, and it bothered me that I might not have any roots. I did not want to be as the seed that was choked out by life's troubles. There was no way I thought I had good soil, which signifies a good and honest heart, so what hope was there for me? That part worried me the most. I did not understand any of it, but I knew what I wanted and what I did not want. I wanted to have God's Truth and to belong to Him more than I wanted anything else in life.

I remember telling God, I am nothing special by even human terms, but if I do everything that you say your children do, then maybe you will mistake me for one of yours and l can slip in behind you with the others.

So I started to do everything that I remembered ever hearing and reading about what Jesus said...admit I am a sinner, confess and repent of my sins, forgive others, do not steal, do not bear false witness, do not commit adultery.
I admitted I was a sinner, and then thought of every sin I had ever committed, even the sin of not feeling loved as a baby by a mother who no doubt loved me.

Jesus saved me after I believed and obeyed exactly as he said. I have a powerful testimony; which I am not sure that anyone here cares about.

Every life turned around by Jesus is a glorious thing. And God uses the truth of what He does by His truth to spread the truth.

Sounds like you are experiencing the truth of,
""If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For who ever would save his life would lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it." Luke 9:23-24
Awesome!

Surely we experience more and more of Him and His love the more we submit to Him.

Surrender is where freedom is.

Jamie Gigliotti

If only they realized that, under grace, faith is what is required to obey God, not the religious works of righteousness that can be performed completely without the faith God required.
No one does good with out God. Faith gives us His grace and the forgivness of our past sins. His love and Grace are intended to do this, "But now that you have been set free from sin and have become a slaves to God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and it's end eternal life." Romans 6:22