How to Receive the Holy Spirit

beloved57

Jesus Christ has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil so that now, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.
You teach that millions for whom Christ died shall wind up lost in hell, that makes Christ to be defeated.

Epoisses

You teach that millions for whom Christ died shall wind up lost and not saved !

Because that's what the bible teaches!!

He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Heb. 10:28-31

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
That was exactly my point.

Most hard-core Calvinists always use the word "elect" as if it means "chosen to be saved". But that is NOT what it means.
In the future, inside "past, present and future", the end result already happened. Physical men on Earth are still in process according to men and you. According to me, the Bible used "elected" and "elects". I can say I'm saved even though you say I'm not ready to say that. This is called personal relationship. Personal means it's none of your business

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Are you sad for yourself?
I'm guilty of my sins and still in repentance while God arranges circumstances in my physical environments. In order for God to keep his promises only to his children, he must make sure his elects are staying on the path he predestined

beloved57

Because that's what the bible teaches!!

He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Heb. 10:28-31
That's a lie, where does the bible teach that those Christ died for wind up in hell?

Right Divider

Body part
In the future, inside "past, present and future", the end result already happened. Physical men on Earth are still in process according to men and you. According to me, the Bible used "elected" and "elects". I can say I'm saved even though you say I'm not ready to say that. This is called personal relationship. Personal means it's none of your business
You are another one of the dense people with whom it is almost impossible to communicate.

Election is NOT salvation.

God said that Israel was HIS ELECT and yet there were many unbelievers in that people.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You are another one of the dense people with whom it is almost impossible to communicate.

Election is NOT salvation.

God said that Israel was HIS ELECT and yet there were many unbelievers in that people.
All mankind is densed but the saved means saved as stated in the bible inspired by God. Only you boast pridefully as the rest do

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I have no idea what you're talking about. I guess that English is not your primary language.
Just proclaiming the fall effects all mankind in extreme brief to those that like to talk a lot, packed with nonsense. Most post one babble after another shouting nonsense!.

Robert Pate

Banned
Just proclaiming the fall effects all mankind in extreme brief to those that like to talk a lot, packed with nonsense. Most post one babble after another shouting nonsense!.

You are not listening.

You have been blinded by Calvinism.

Right Divider

Body part
So I guess that you still cannot understand that "elect" does NOT means "saved". OK.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So I guess that you still cannot understand that "elect" does NOT means "saved". OK.

"Those who fall away have never been thoroughly imbued with the knowledge of Christ but only had a slight and passing taste of it."

Calvin and Luther both held to predestination, but Calvin was more stringent about it- he had no qualms abandoning Catholic ideology whereas Luther couldn't shed it.

Luther taught that one can only lose their salvation through apostasy, and Calvin taught that one cannot go 'in and out' of salvation but rather was never saved in the first place.

What other protestants have a hard time with, when it comes to the elect, is that God cannot justify the wicked. He instead uses the wicked to do what is willed of His divine providence, and in that those people may or may not find redemption.

It is all up to God.
And
You want it to be all up to YOU.

Right Divider

Body part
"Those who fall away have never been thoroughly imbued with the knowledge of Christ but only had a slight and passing taste of it."

Calvin and Luther both held to predestination, but Calvin was more stringent about it- he had no qualms abandoning Catholic ideology whereas Luther couldn't shed it.

Luther taught that one can only lose their salvation through apostasy, and Calvin taught that one cannot go 'in and out' of salvation but rather was never saved in the first place.

What other protestants have a hard time with, when it comes to the elect, is that God cannot justify the wicked. He instead uses the wicked to do what is willed of His divine providence, and in that those people may or may not find redemption.

It is all up to God.
And
You want it to be all up to YOU.
That's real cute and all, but the point still stands that in the Bible ELECT does NOT means SAVED. Neither does SAVED always refer to the SAME thing in every instance.

Israel is God's elect in Isaiah 45:4 and that refers to the entire nation, not just those that believed the LORD.