How the Gospel Interprets the Bible

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Acts 2:36“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

37When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”

38Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

40With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Romans 11:23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

excellent:)

lifeisgood

Not so fast. God gave them a spirit of stupor because HE DID NOT ACCEPT THEM, but under the old law conditions they were children of God.

If you read the above, you will see (hopefully) that you make exclusive statements.

God did not give them a spirit of stupor forever. He gave them that spirit ONLY WHILE Jesus was on earth.

They still are under a spirit of stupor to this day; otherwise, gentiles could not continue to be grafted in, however, when the fullness of the gentiles is complete, then the spirit of stupor will be lifted from Israel their (even though going through incredible tribulation) eyes will be opened and they will be saved. PTL!

God bound ALL to disobedience. God bound all to condemnation, so that He could have mercy on all. You are wrong about Israel sleeping just so we can be grafted in. That is done. All now have to get grafted in before Jesus comes again, or it is too late. Jesus comes as a thief in the night. We all have to be saved now, Jews and Gentile, and everyone else.

Obviously, God bound ALL (you and I included) to disobedience; otherwise, how could a person know God's grace.

Agreed that ALL HAVE TO GET GRAFTED in before Jesus comes again; however, YOU CANNOT do the grafting yourself. You, gt, think you have grafted yourself in.

BTW: Who are your 'everyone else' besides Jews and Gentile?

lifeisgood

Now you are comparing things that you should not.

Only because your comprehension is active at work.

I gave you scriptures where they were grafted in.

In the great tribulation ALL Israel will be saved. That's what God's word says. Romans 11:26

No. They have to believe in God correctly.

There are many who do not believe in God correctly, notwithstanding, they do believe.

Why did you add the 'without repentance'?
You added to God's Word. I hope that you repent for doing that.

God forbid that I add to God's word. That's your comprehension actively at work.

Romans 11:29 — For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

I have something different to share with you, something different than what you have studied. Try to hear what I am saying and maybe you sill see that it is not confusing. Jesus says to consider carefully what you hear and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

Oh, I listen and then hear carefully what you say, gt and I have concluded that you, gt, have so much truth to share, HOWEVER, your MIXTURE does nothing but to bring CONFUSION; therefore, DEFEATING your own purpose.

There is no more separate. Jesus destroyed that dividing wall.

See, that's your CONFUSION rearing its ugly head already.

There is STILL Israel = Israel; gentiles = non-Jews; Jews and gentiles = BOC; etc.

You are wrong. I can tell a person how to get saved, and what the scriptures mean. However, you have to be the one to do it and get that wisdom for yourself. Just don't deny what the scriptures do say.

Sure, you can tell a person how to get saved. Just like the Pharisees and Sadducees of Jesus' day.

Just don't deny what the scriptures do say.

Don't do what you are accusing me of doing.

lifeisgood

Then you don't know how to read because the scriptures says they repented and were grafted back in...just as Paul says.

God cannot and will not GRAFT in those HE HAS ALREADY REJECTED and CUT OFF.

Israel HAS NOT been rejected. Cut off? Yes. Rejected? No.

Last edited:

God's Truth

I do not belive I said ALL of Israel was given a spirit of stupor. That is your comprehension at work.

No, Jesus came exclusively for the LOST SHEEP OF THE TRIBE OF ISRAEL. Again, that is your comprehension at work.

Sorry gt, if the remnant was already saved why would Jesus have had to come down here to die to save said remnant to graft what was already grafted in.

So no one claiming to be Jew can be saved anymore? LOLLOLLOL

God's Truth

If you read the above, you will see (hopefully) that you make exclusive statements.

They still are under a spirit of stupor to this day; otherwise, gentiles could not continue to be grafted in, however, when the fullness of the gentiles is complete, then the spirit of stupor will be lifted from Israel their (even though going through incredible tribulation) eyes will be opened and they will be saved. PTL!

There are no special people anymore except those who come to God through Jesus.

Any race of people are desired by God to be saved.

Obviously, God bound ALL (you and I included) to disobedience; otherwise, how could a person know God's grace.

Agreed that ALL HAVE TO GET GRAFTED in before Jesus comes again; however, YOU CANNOT do the grafting yourself. You, gt, think you have grafted yourself in.

Jesus grafts in those he chooses, and he chooses those who obey.
BTW: Who are your 'everyone else' besides Jews and Gentile?

Greeks and everyone else.

God's Truth

In the great tribulation ALL Israel will be saved. That's what God's word says. Romans 11:26

Israel is all those who come to Jesus by living faith no matter what nationality and ethnicity they are.

It must have seemed as if all Jews were cut off, hardened, and blinded by God forever, and that an ethnicity of people was permanently disallowed from ever being saved again.

However, Paul assures the listener that all Israel will be saved...that is, any potential believer from the nation of Israel are not being kept out by God and disallowed to be grafted in to true Israel and thus be saved...that any Jew who would believe in Jesus---can do so, so that all Israel, true Israel will be saved; for leaving out a race of people would leave out those who make up together true Israel.

Certainly, all Israel being saved is not about every single Jew is going to be saved. All Israel being saved means Jews are still able to be included.

There are many who do not believe in God correctly, notwithstanding, they do believe.
They have to be shown the right way.

Romans 11:29 — For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Again, it means that God did not cut off the Jews forever and disallow them from ever being saved. He will still save them, if they do not continue in disbelief. See Romans 11:23.
Oh, I listen and then hear carefully what you say, gt and I have concluded that you, gt, have so much truth to share,
I can’t tell you how much that means to me. I just want others to know God better.
HOWEVER, your MIXTURE does nothing but to bring CONFUSION; therefore, DEFEATING your own purpose.
If you would only try to do it the way I am saying it, just do it and see what happens. What do you have to lose? I tell you, something great could happen, if you would only try it.

There is no more separate. Jesus destroyed that dividing wall.
See, that's your CONFUSION rearing its ugly head already.

I tell you that you are wrong. Jesus destroyed that dividing wall.
The dividing wall was the purification works and being blood related to Abraham. Now Jesus purifies us and only his blood matter.

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

Ephesians 2:15
by abolishing in His flesh the law of commandments and decrees. He did this to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace

Colossians 1:20
and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross.

Colossians 3:11
Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, or free, but Christ is all and is in all.

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, for to this you were called as members of one body. And be thankful.

Sure, you can tell a person how to get saved. Just like the Pharisees and Sadducees of Jesus' day.
The Pharisees rejected Jesus.

God's Truth

God cannot and will not GRAFT in those HE HAS ALREADY REJECTED and CUT OFF.

Israel HAS NOT been rejected. Cut off? Yes. Rejected? No.

Romans 11:22 Take notice, therefore, of the kindness and severity of God: severity to those who fell, but kindness to you, if you continue in His kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut from a wild olive tree, and contrary to nature were grafted into one that is cultivated, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

Read the scriptures carefully, they plainly say they were CUT OFF and can be grafted back in.

lifeisgood

I don't see many Jews coming to Christ. In the last 50 or 60 years it has been mostly Gentiles.

I heard a Jewish man on TV a while back saying something to the effect that in comparison (population wise) the Jews are being saved exactly as the non-Jews. He explained it very well, me not so.

lifeisgood

There are no special people anymore except those who come to God through Jesus.

Any race of people are desired by God to be saved.

Israel will ALWAYS be a SPECIAL people to the One who called them being that God's calling is without repentance.

Jesus grafts in those he chooses,...

Correct.

and he chooses those who obey.

Nah. He CHOOSES those who BELIEVE in Him and what He did. Your obedience FOR SALVATION is filthy rags.

Greeks and everyone else.

Oh, so Greeks are NOT gentiles. :chuckle:

lifeisgood

Romans 11:22 Take notice, therefore, of the kindness and severity of God: severity to those who fell, but kindness to you, if you continue in His kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut from a wild olive tree, and contrary to nature were grafted into one that is cultivated, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

Read the scriptures carefully, they plainly say they were CUT OFF and can be grafted back in.

You should follow your own admonition of reading the scriptures carefully.

Cut off does NOT mean REJECTED.

Israel HAS NOT been REJECTED.
Cut off? Yes.
Rejected? Emphatically no.

Romans 11:25 - For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Romans 11:26 - And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Romans 11:27 - For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Romans 11:28 - As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Romans 11:29 - For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Romans 11:30 - For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Romans 11:31 - Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
Romans 11:32 - For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

lifeisgood

Then why do you keep denying where Jesus says to be faithful to Him until the end?

Jesus was not talking to you meshak. If you are sealed by the blood of the Lamb, you will endure to the end. You do not have to work for it. You do not have to be afraid. You are assured that HE HAS SAVED you. He has DONE EVERYTHING necessary for you to be saved and you are to rest in Him and what He did.

Now, because a person is ALREADY saved, then that Christian will want to go and tell everybody that they can all about Him and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

What is faithfulness to you?

Jesus Christ and His perfect, atoning, vicarious, sacrificial, completed/finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

lifeisgood

It must have seemed as if all Jews were cut off, hardened, and blinded by God forever, and that an ethnicity of people was permanently disallowed from ever being saved again.

However, Paul assures the listener that all Israel will be saved...that is, any potential believer from the nation of Israel are not being kept out by God and disallowed to be grafted in to true Israel and thus be saved...that any Jew who would believe in Jesus---can do so, so that all Israel, true Israel will be saved; for leaving out a race of people would leave out those who make up together true Israel.

Certainly, all Israel being saved is not about every single Jew is going to be saved. All Israel being saved means Jews are still able to be included.

Not so. For in the great tribulation ALL Israel will be saved. (Romans 11:26) ALL is ALL. That's got to be a reason for the ALL and NOT only SOME Israel will be saved.

Now, in this dispensation of grace, SOME of Israel are saved.
In the great tribulation ALL Israel will be saved.

I will always take God's word over yours, gt, any time.

They have to be shown the right way.

Yes. The ONLY and EXCLUSIVE way Jesus Christ and His finished/completed vicarious work on the Cross of Calvary plus ABSOLUTELY NOTHING added to it.

Again, it means that God did not cut off the Jews forever and disallow them from ever being saved. He will still save them, if they do not continue in disbelief. See Romans 11:23.

God's gifts and calling are WITHOUT REPENTANCE it does not matter that your MIXTURE presents it as meaning something else.

If you would only try to do it the way I am saying it, just do it and see what happens.

God forbid that I would do it YOUR way, gt.
I prefer to do it God's way.

What do you have to lose?

God's glorious salvation.

I tell you, something great could happen, if you would only try it.

Something incredibly wonderful already happened to me a long time ago --- GOD CHOSE to SAVE such a UNdeserving one such as lifeisgood and I wasn't even looking for Him. Imagine that!

I tell you that you are wrong. Jesus destroyed that dividing wall.
The dividing wall was the purification works and being blood related to Abraham. Now Jesus purifies us and only his blood matter.

Spoiler
Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

Ephesians 2:15
by abolishing in His flesh the law of commandments and decrees. He did this to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace

Colossians 1:20
and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross.

Colossians 3:11
Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, or free, but Christ is all and is in all.

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, for to this you were called as members of one body. And be thankful.

The dividing wall had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with purifying works.
That's your MIXTURE coming through.

The Pharisees rejected Jesus.

Exactly!

lifeisgood

Why don't you believe what James said about the appearance of the Lord Jesus being imminent?

Being that the Bible says that Jesus' return is near and we are to wait for it (Romans 8:19-25; 1 Corinthians 1:7; Philippians 4:5; Jude 21), James encouraging to “be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near” (James 5:8), Revelation 1:3, and 22:10 saying that “the time is near”, for me the appearance of the Lord Jesus “likely to happen at any moment; impending” is the rapture of the BOC which can happen at any time. But that is just me.

God's Truth

Israel will ALWAYS be a SPECIAL people to the One who called them being that God's calling is without repentance.
It means God did not cut off a whole race of people forever.
There are NO SPECIAL people except for those who obey God.
How special do you think Jews are who reject Jesus, calling Jesus a false prophet and a liar? You are ridiculous.
Nah. He CHOOSES those who BELIEVE in Him and what He did. Your obedience FOR SALVATION is filthy rags.
No way is obeying God filthy. That is a devil thing to say if ever I heard one.

Oh, so Greeks are NOT gentiles. :chuckle:

Sure, relax.

Romans 1:14 I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish.

God's Truth

Not so. For in the great tribulation ALL Israel will be saved. (Romans 11:26) ALL is ALL. That's got to be a reason for the ALL and NOT only SOME Israel will be saved.

Now, in this dispensation of grace, SOME of Israel are saved.
In the great tribulation ALL Israel will be saved.

I will always take God's word over yours, gt, any time.

Yes. The ONLY and EXCLUSIVE way Jesus Christ and His finished/completed vicarious work on the Cross of Calvary plus ABSOLUTELY NOTHING added to it.

God's gifts and calling are WITHOUT REPENTANCE it does not matter that your MIXTURE presents it as meaning something else.

God forbid that I would do it YOUR way, gt.
I prefer to do it God's way.

God's glorious salvation.

Something incredibly wonderful already happened to me a long time ago --- GOD CHOSE to SAVE such a UNdeserving one such as lifeisgood and I wasn't even looking for Him. Imagine that!

The dividing wall had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with purifying works.
That's your MIXTURE coming through.

Exactly!

Now with all that talk about nothing, obey Jesus' teachings and then come talk to me with knowledge.