HOW MANY HERE ON TOL HAVE READ THE ENTIRE BIBLE COVER TO COVER?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
500 BC Greek amphitheater in Taormina, Sicily, looking south with Mt. Etna smoking in the background.

I use to live on the left side of the mountain just below the snow line.

That is pretty cool. Got to love that.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Even the Tables of Contents, the end notes, the glossary, the map, the dictionary, and concordance? :think:

Was wondering if someone was going to point that out. Really hate always being the bad guy. Really I do. I want to be a good guy like raving.

OCTOBER23

My Computer reads the Bible to me.

I think that the Apocrypha with the Historical Revolt of the Maccabean should be in the Bible.

The two books of Maccabees contain accounts of the Maccabean wars written from different points of view. 1 Maccabees tells the story from what came to be known as the position of the Sadducees, and 2 Maccabees reflects the position of the Pharisee sect. The two books of Esdras are apocalyptic in character, and they portray certain aspects of Jewish history presented as fulfillments of predictions made in the distant past.

keypurr

I Lost count but at least a dozen times. Still reading and learning that there is a lot more to learn. I was brought up with the KJV and I still like it even though it is not perfect. My new favorite is the new AENT, the Aramaic English New Testament. I have many translations that I use to check and compare.

lukecash12

Even the Tables of Contents, the end notes, the glossary, the maps, the dictionary, and concordance? :think:

If it's a good one in my collection, like the Zondervan study bible, then yes. IMO, the concordance is one of the best parts. I have enjoyed the New Oxford Annotated a lot, because as it is written purely from the perspective of someone studying a piece of literature, I can derive whatever theological meaning I want from the text. The secular basis of the work doesn't bother me, on the contrary, it's a boon.

I am also looking for a more updated kind of Amplified Bible, without the ridiculous insertions of the original, like "crocodile" instead of "leviathan" in the book of Job. I can come to my own conclusions, thank you very much.

JosephR

the what you call bible cannot be read in its full

it clearly says to NT believers ...if all could be written ,it you take up all the paper of the world..

the old says you must seek the judges for interpretation...

oatmeal

I'm just curious as to how many posters on TOL have
read the entire Bible word for word, name for name,
and cover to cover?

There's a myriad of posters here that act like Bible
scholars however, will they admit to reading God's
written word in its entirety? I mean from cover to
cover.

I wouldn't know how many.

God would know, but I don't

theophilus

KJV and NASB cover to cover; currently on my 15th time. Read the NASB cover to cover OUT LOUD.

Remember vast tracts of it and have memorized the book of James.

Started with a "Daily Walk" KJV and switched to the NASB after 10 years of that.

Currently I get through my NASB twice a year.

WHY?

In 1989 I heard Michael Youssef say, "if you have time to watch TV you have time to read your Bible."

And my bible is changing me, my perspectives, my relationships with humanity and the way I view myself.