How important is the Sabbath?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Enoch was translated. He did not die.

Hebrews 11:5
By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Enoch was translated from life to death. He didn't know he died. Very merciful.

Jonah didn't know he had died.

We need not fear death because for us it's over in an instant. But be safe.

CherubRam

[FONT="]Exodus 20:6[/FONT]
[FONT="]And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Exodus 20:8[/FONT]
[FONT="]“[B]Remember the Sabbath[/B] day by keeping it holy. [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Exodus 31:17-16[/FONT]
[B][FONT="]Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath,[/FONT][/B][FONT="] to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. [B]It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: [/B]for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Romans 9:6[/FONT]
[FONT="]It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Revelation 12:17[/FONT]
[FONT="]And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with [B]the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God[/B], and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Revelation 14:12[/FONT]
[FONT="]Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Revelation 22:14[/FONT]
[FONT="]Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life,[/FONT][/B][FONT="] and may enter in through the gates into the city.[/FONT]

This thread is about Sabbath keeping. Attention Christians, you are members of Israel according to scriptures. That means you should be keeping the Seventh Day Sabbath Rest. And yes, we do know what day it is.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
OK then, why deception?

You asked, "Out of curiosity, why would there be any Christian who would not want to keep the Sabbath command?"

My answer, deception. A person doesn't know what he doesn't know.

Many people have been deceived by false teachings. It was prophesied. It has happened.

I'm gone. :nightall:

clefty

True. He only had to be presented/wave offering on first fruits. He would have most likely have risen on the Sabbath.

Still just the same. Luther translated Mia Ton Sabbaton as one of the sabbaths in at least one place.

This phrasing is found later in the Book of Acts and the first letter to the Corinthians and misused as proof texts for Sunday keeping.

Acts 20:7 has them gathered to meet and eat but if it was the Lord's supper it would have been written as such because "lord's supper" is easily written in Greek as is "the first day of the week" but it's a word of Hebrew origin the writer uses as he wishes to signify something specific.

1 Cor 16:2 is used to show they collected offering at Sunday church when no such thing occured. Here it is instructed that offerings "whatever ye may have prospered" (first fruits)- were to be set aside privately.

No collections would have to be made when he finally got there as Paul was staying at Ephesus until Pentecost (verse 8).

Everyone could just bring their private stash and it was done.

Both events happened on one of the Sabbaths of seven to the count of Pentecost.

http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/books/540-first-day-of-week-versus-one-of-the-sabbaths.html

CherubRam

You asked, "Out of curiosity, why would there be any Christian who would not want to keep the Sabbath command?"

My answer, deception. A person doesn't know what he doesn't know.

Many people have been deceived by false teachings. It was prophesied. It has happened.

I'm gone. :nightall:

OK. Good night.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This phrasing is found later in the Book of Acts and the first letter to the Corinthians and misused as proof texts for Sunday keeping.

:thumb:

But we sailed away from Philippi after the Days of Unleavened Bread and in five days joined them at Troas where we stayed seven days. Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight. (Acts 20:6-7)

I have seen people try to use Acts 20:7 to establish Sunday observance, but does it really? It seems they often fail to mention the preceding verse about the Days of Unleavened Bread.

The Days of Unleavened Bread occur annually from Nisan 15 through Nisan 21. During this seven day period there are normally three Sabbaths, two annual Sabbaths and the weekly Sabbath. Occasionally one of the annual Sabbaths will coincide with the weekly Sabbath and there will only be two Sabbaths during Unleavened Bread.

Paul stayed at Troas seven days which would be Monday through Sunday. Luke does not tell us whether Paul spoke at the synagogue on the Sabbath but he does say that when the people broke bread that evening (the beginning of Sunday) he spoke until daybreak Sunday morning.

Paul evidently had a lot to say to the people of Troas and he wanted to get it in before the people continued their harvest the next day and Paul moved on. Paul wanted to be in Jerusalem for Pentecost.

There is nothing about Paul's all night speaking that established a precedent for Sunday observance. If anything it establishes the observance of Unleavened Bread. Too bad that is usually skipped over.

TweetyBird

Where do you think the seaweeds are?

One day you will probably want to figure out what is literal and what is figurative in the Bible.

Jonah was cast in the sea, swallowed by a great fist/whale, and prayed while inside this fish for 3 days and nights, weeping and praying in torment. He was not floating around in the sea dead. He was alive, in pain and suffering until the fish puked him on the shore after 3 days. The text does not state that God caused him to float to the shore and revive him back to life. The same fish that swallowed him, in which Jonah was kept captive for 3 days and prayed, is the same fish that upchucked him on the shore. Jonah never died.

TweetyBird

Enoch was translated from life to death. He didn't know he died. Very merciful.

Jonah didn't know he had died.

We need not fear death because for us it's over in an instant. But be safe.

Hebrews states that Enoch did not die. Why are you being so obtuse?

TweetyBird

This thread is about Sabbath keeping. Attention Christians, you are members of Israel according to scriptures. That means you should be keeping the Seventh Day Sabbath Rest. And yes, we do know what day it is.

Nope, I am not a member of Israel. I am member of the household of Jesus Christ, a citizen of Heaven. There is no command in the NT for anyone to keep the Sabbath.

No, you don't know what day it is. You can guess, do your counting, but you don't know for sure. You don't keep the Sabbath unless you sacrifice animals, per the Law of Moses. So you have two strikes. If you follow Talmudic traditions for keeping the Sabbath, that is strike 3.

TweetyBird

Firstfruits comes AFTER the 15th of Sunday going by the Biblical Calendar.

First fruits was the day after the seventh day [which was a Sabbath] of Unleavened Bread.

Lev 23:9+

There was another first fruits on the 50th day after Unleavened Bread.

Lev 23:15+