How important is the Sabbath?

TweetyBird

Jonah 2:2 Out of the belly of Sheol I cried and You heard my voice.

Sheol symbolizes the grave.

Matthew 12:40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jonah died and Jesus died. Jonah was resurrected physically, but Jesus was resurrected as Spirit.

Jonah did not die in the belly of the great fish.

clefty

I'm not sure John could type.

Good. But neither could he write revelations without being in the Spirit or having the Spirit in him.

I am sure John could type if he had a typewriter or computer or any other keyboard one types on and learned.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The other sabbaths, drink offerings, and festivals; they have nothing to do with the Sabbath Day Rest command. They have to do with the Mosaic priesthood.

Saying it doesn't make it so - even if you use big letters.

Also, this does not respond to the arguments I've already made on this topic.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Yes, of course, your kind always see the truth from scripture and those who speak it as the lunatic fringe. You wave but you have no clue from where I come or where I go because the Father has used foolish things to confound the wise and "strong" in their own minds. You are strong by your own proclamation in a previous post, and no doubt you think you are strong because you eat the roasted flesh of the innocent formerly living souls and creatures of Elohim to satisfy the lust of your belly, as you said yourself that you are strong; but by your own admission you only reveal that you do not know the Spirit of the Word. :)

Confirmed lunatic.

Now you're officially on my ignore list. I'd appreciate being on yours.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Lol, yeah, that is what Clete implied in the following comments:

In the mind of Clete the "WEAKER brother" is the one who does not eat pig meat. And because I responded in the way that I did Clete feels that as the STRONGER PIG FLESH EATER Clete has justification to label me a lunatic:

But of course lunatic is a word used by the KJV, (ye olde spelling is "lunatick"), and the Greek word is σεληνιάζομαι, (seleniazomai), as employed in Matthew 4:24 in conjunction with those possessed of devils. However Clete again shows a complete lack of understanding and judges me without knowing me because the word lunatic is used in the scripture and literally means "moonstruck", (the first portion of the compound word seleniazomai, which is selene, is the moon in Greek), yet I myself neither follow a lunar calendar, nor the lunisolar calendar of the Jews, but rather of course the equinoctial solar calendar of the Essene-Nazarene community. :)
:rotfl:

TweetyBird

That's true, he drowned before he reached the bottom.

Jonah 1
17 Now the Lord had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

Jonah 2
Then Jonah prayed unto the Lord his God out of the fish’s belly, 2 and said,

I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord,
and he heard me;
out of the belly of hell cried I,
and thou heardest my voice.
For thou hadst cast me into the deep,
in the midst of the seas;
and the floods compassed me about:
all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.
Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight;
yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.
The waters compassed me about, even to the soul:
the depth closed me round about,
the weeds were wrapped about my head.
I went down to the bottoms of the mountains;
the earth with her bars was about me for ever:
yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption,
O Lord my God.
When my soul fainted within me
I remembered the Lord:
and my prayer came in unto thee,
into thine holy temple.
They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.
But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving;
I will pay that that I have vowed.
Salvation is of the Lord.

10 And the Lord spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

Ben Masada

Jesus gave a sign that he is the Christ.

Yes, but as part of the People of Israel. Read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13 "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what "Christ" is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the Son of God.(Exodus 4:22,23)

clefty

One more time, Jonah was restored to life and then he prayed.

Was that in the director's cut? Jonah 1:18+ would have to say something like that or Jonah 2:.5

This too

7 “When my soul fainted within me,
I died and was resurrected,
I remembered the Lord;
And my prayer went up to You,
Into Your holy temple.

But for now sorry, the silence is louder than your view.