Hi~Currently exploring

Jewels-PiXie

Hi everyone ,
I joined TOL yesterday & am delighted to have found it.
I live in England & run a growing charity arts collective for people with mental health struggles, faith plays a large part in our ethos. I am also a Poet, Artist & Poetry Editor.

I was christened Church Of England , but my my family were never actively interested in religion , yet from a young age , my faith was strong, I have always believed in God, Jesus Christ and I have prayed daily throughout my life.
I went to the Roman Catholic Church for many years and then after living in Greece for a while , I began to go to the Greek Orthodox Church.

My core faith is still the same however ( and I know many find this controversial) I do feel a strong affinity to the Gospels/Readings of St Tomas. I will not be swayed from this, as within the 24 hours I have been on here , I have already received a lot of criticism and judgment.

What I am searching for now is a church & religion that is closest to my beliefs that I can fully commit to and renew my faith fully.
I hope that some people here will be kind enough to help me with that as objectively as possible.

Much Love
:):dog:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi everyone ,
I live in England & run a growing charity arts collective for people with mental health struggles, faith plays a large part in our ethos. I am also a Poet, Artist & Poetry Editor.

I was christened Church Of England , but my my family were never actively interested in religion , yet from a young age , my faith was strong, I have always believed in God, Jesus Christ and I have prayed daily throughout my life.
I went to the Roman Catholic Church for many years and then after living in Greece for a while , I began to go to the Greek Orthodox Church.

My core faith is still the same however ( and I know many find this controversial) I do feel a strong affinity to the Gospels/Readings of St Tomas. I will not be swayed from this, as within the 24 hours I have been on here , I have already received a lot of criticism and judgment.

What I am searching for now is a church & religion that is closest to my beliefs that I can fully commit to and renew my faith fully.
I hope that some people here will be kind enough to help me with that as objectively as possible.

Much Love

i'm not sure of a denomination that would "tell" you they accept the gospel of Thomas. i understand what you mean, but i suppose online may be a way. again, read Paul's letters again, and really absorb the Gospel of Grace. Thomas will make more sense, as will the OT, the Gospels and Revelation. i'm tellin' ya. i'm signing off soon, but if you have any "quotes" or questions from the book, some of us will be friendly and helpful, i'm sure. if not, i'll likely be back tonight (CST). ignore the hate mongers - just a prediction, any reading or searching you do will lead you to God's visit and revelaton to Paul. just sayin' - peace and love (God's) - :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
;)
Hi everyone ,

Much Love

oh, also - just read every single post i've ever made, and then we can talk about stuff. just kidding - :patrol:

nodelink

The gospel of Thomas is all of 114 verses long. It is clearly from the second century rather than clearly from the first century like Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

The gospel of Thomas reads more like a book of proverbs or sayings and has no narrative or story component. There are very few manuscripts and early church traditions do not mention the Gospel of Thomas. The Gospel of Thomas is apochryphal and unreliable.

We can control the gods that we invent. But, in the end, we will stand (or fall) in judgment before the God who has ever existed and who never changes and who must punish sin.

Jesus Christ on the cross atoned for the sins of the redeemed. This story is not told in the Gospel of Thomas.

Either Jesus suffered for your own sins once or you can suffer for your own sins forever.

But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children’s children; To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them. - Psalm 103:17–18

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I live in England...
I get there once in a while. Haven't done that Jack the Ripper tour yet. :think: Welcome to TOL.

[Leftist] I do feel...
"If you want to know how Leftists think, listen to John Lenon's song Imagine." :rolleyes: ~ Dennis Prager Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10

...a strong affinity to the Gospels/Readings of St Tomas [sic].
"The early church councils followed something similar to the following principles to determine whether a New Testament book was truly inspired by the Holy Spirit: 1) Was the author an apostle or have a close connection with an apostle? 2) Was the book being accepted by the Body of Christ at large? 3) Did the book contain consistency of doctrine and orthodox teaching? 4) Did the book bear evidence of high moral and spiritual values that would reflect a work of the Holy Spirit?

The gospel of Thomas fails all of these tests. The gospel of Thomas was not written by Jesus' disciple Thomas. The early Christian leaders universally recognized the gospel of Thomas as a forgery..." Full text: What is the gospel of Thomas?

smiley2.jpg

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:thumb:

It’s amazing what knight’s done with the place

You shoulda seen it when he bought it at one of those self-storage auctions