Have you trusted the Lord for salvation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Religious men behind pulpits all over the world (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV) will tell you that a number of things are salvation, such as:

1. "give your life to Jesus" or "give your heart to Jesus"
2. "confess your sins" in order for the Lord to forgive you your sins or something along those lines based on a hijacking of 1 John 1:9
3. "Clean up your act in order for God to receive you"
4. "Walk the isle for Jesus"
5. "Be water baptized"
6. "Keep the commandments"
7. "Endure to the end"
8. "speaking in tongues"

The list goes on and on yet NONE of those things are the power of God to save anyone!
So what is?

The gospel of the grace of God is! It is the good news of the gospel of Christ to all men no matter who you are or what you were doing while you were there; that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day! Paul declares it here:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Have you trusted the Lord believing it for salvation? I sure hope so!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Religious men behind pulpits all over the world (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV) will tell you that a number of things are salvation, such as:

2. "confess your sins" in order for the Lord to forgive you your sins or something along those lines based on a hijacking of 1 John 1:9
5. "Be water baptized"
7. "Endure to the end"
8. "speaking in tongues"

The list goes on and on yet NONE of those things are the power of God to save anyone!
So what is?

The gospel of the grace of God is! It is the good news of the gospel of Christ to all men no matter who you are or what you were doing while you were there; that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day! Paul declares it here:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Wonderful OP

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Salvation is a gift given by Jesus' grace, however, Jesus' gift can be deferred to the Last Day for unrepented violations of the everlasting covenant.

Keep the commandments. Don't be lawless.

Epoisses

5. "Be water baptized"
7. "Endure to the end"
8. "speaking in tongues"

So what is?

AMEN!!

Epoisses

Salvation is a gift given by Jesus' grace, however, Jesus' gift can be deferred to the Last Day for unrepented violations of the everlasting covenant.

NT commandments are faith and love. Your post is lacking faith in Christ and love for the truth.

SaulToPaul 2

I think you did way before then even while you were sitting under Dr Breen. Otherwise, you would not have responded so quickly. I did the same thing, instant acceptance.

I was raised in church, Wesleyan and then Methodist.
I believed Christ died for my sins, but I never gave up and trusted him that it was finished, until 2003. :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
NT commandments are faith and love. Your post is lacking faith in Christ and love for the truth.

The commandments provide us with God's definition of love toward God and neighbor and we keep them by faith. They are the everlasting covenant.

The everlasting covenant existed before humans (the devil murdered and lied) and the covenant will last forever.

heir

TOL Subscriber

I knew it wouldn't take long for a devil to rear their big ole "but" (in this case, "however"}. And here one of you, is (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV).

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

heir

TOL Subscriber
jamie preaches another gospel entirely. And you know what Paul says about that:

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Epoisses was missing the point of faith and love.
If there is never a moment in your life when you trust the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation before you die or the church which is His Body is caught up: you will miss the ship!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

5. "Be water baptized"
7. "Endure to the end"
8. "speaking in tongues"

So what is?

yes amen!

Robert Pate

Banned

5. "Be water baptized"
7. "Endure to the end"
8. "speaking in tongues"

So what is?

You might add to your list. Be predestinated. Join the Catholic church.

Status
Not open for further replies.