Has the Church Replaced Israel ?

Right Divider

Body part
Apparently, some people that call themselves Christians do not know that much of the old covenant law is based on eternal principles that are universally applicable.

Rom 7:12 (AKJV/PCE)​
(7:12) Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.​

Derf

I'm accused of stupidity by constantly here by several of you. If I'm so stupid why can't all you supposedly really smart people figure out what scripture means and I have to explain it to them? Why don't you read my threads on ga'al and Is sinning a necessary condition and tell me how stupid I am. Why haven't you been doing that already? I've posted those same threads on a couple of forums where most people disagree with me and I get very few responders except for ad hominem attacks. Even those who don't attack me personally give up trying to demonstrate how wrong I am after a very few tries.
Ummm...the reason might be different than what you think.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It is one thing to point out that what somebody is doing is wrong. It is an entirely different thing to say they should be put to death for it.
The difference being that the two are two different but related topics. There are all sorts of things that are wrong (i.e. immoral) not all of them are criminal in nature. You can tell a lie to your spouse about where you were last night. That is immoral but it isn't a crime. If where you were last night was raping, murdering and eating young boys, then that is a crime that you should be executed for (i.e. upon conviction, of course).

I don't agree with your explanation.
No one cares whether you agree or not. WHY don't you agree?

Why is it so impossible to get people to make an argument on this website?

Sorry, after listening to a lot of Bob's teaching, I do not accept him as my teacher. He is an old testament Christian.
You are completely stupid.

I've been around for a long time. I've been exposed to and involved with Bob Enyart's ministry for over thirty years and you are the first and ONLY person on planet Earth that has or will ever make such a mindlessly idiotic statement about Bob's teaching. It is exactly the opposite of the truth. Precisely 180° out of phase.

The above two quoted sentences, by the way, for everyone who might be reading this post, is a terrific example of an actual ad hominem. CM has rejected anything that the article I linked to might say not on the basis of what it says but on a completely baseless, utterly false and emotionally charged accusation. (For those who are slow - the point is the "insult" and "ad hominem" are NOT synonyms.

Yes, he said things deserved death but he never once called for anybody to be put to death.
That's stupidity. By that idiotic standard, neither have I or anyone else on this website.

Instead, he taught them about the forgiveness to be found in Christ.
You are impossible to talk too. You're just making things up to suit your feelings.

None the less, the verse does mean that we will be judged by the same measure we use to judge others. Are you so sure of your measure that you are willing to be judged by it?
I will not be judged AT ALL (not in the manner you mean it here)! Christ was judged in my stead! He was accused, convicted and executed all on my behalf.

And this is the crux of the matter and it has nothing to do with our sins. Read that verse again. Those that believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior are not condemned. But those who do not believe in Jesus are already condemned. Nothing abut sin. When you believe, your sins are washed clean by Jesus. That is the Good News of the gospel: Jesus forgives your sins.
Complete stupidity.

You are not condemned apart from sin! Romans 7:9

I would strongly disagree with this. It is VERY Biblical. Matthew 28:19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. That seems pretty clear direction to me!
Yes, a direction given to the Twelve who taught the Law to Israel. Matthew 10:23, Acts 21:20, Galatians 2:7-9, and elsewhere.

Jesus said no one comes to the Father except through Him. Israel no longer plays a part in redemption. I also note that Jesus taught men to love their wives as Christ loves his church. What is Christ's church if it is not those that have accepted His gift of salvation?
Israel has only been set aside temporarily. God will return to Israel when the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. While there are many commonalities between the two, some of which you allude to above, it doesn't mean that we've replaced Israel outright. The Body of Christ is a separate thing entirely from Israel.

I disagree. The New Covenant is between God and those who call His Son their savior.
Saying it doesn't make it so.

I am saying that command became mute when Christ completed the Old Covenant and ushered in the New Covenant with His death on the cross.
Paul disagrees.

I agree with Paul.

The Law of Moses, and its proscribed punishments, do not bind those of us under the New Covenant.
You are conflating two different topics but there's no way you could defend even this much of your doctrine in any consistent manner.

Leaving criminal justice aside for a moment, is it a sin to murder? Is it a sin to rape? Is it a sin to have sex with your neighbor's wife? Is it a sin to molest children? Is it a sin to have sex with animals? Is it a sin to commit sodomy?

How about lesser sins....

Is it a sin to steal your neighbor's property?
Is it a sin to beat your neighbor with a bat for no reason (i.e. not in self-defense but just because you felt like it)?
Is it a sin to con old women out of their life's savings?

Lesser still...

Is it a sin to covet?

WHY?

I do not condone sin, but it is not my charge to punish it, only point it out and show people there is a better way.
It isn't anyone's charge to punish sin other than God. It is, however, the government's charge to punish CRIME!

Do you understand what the difference is?

It was just under the Old Covenant, under Mosaic Law. But the New Covenant sets a somewhat different standard.
No, CM, you are flatly wrong. It was not the Old covenant that gave authority to men to punish crime. That authority was delegated by God to man immediately after the Flood. That was LONG before what you think of as the Old Covenant was around. A very long time.

The problem with legislating morality is that it does not work.
Nothing else but morality can be justly legislated.

The purpose of the criminal justice system is precisely the prohibition of immoral civic behavior.

All a law can do, any law including God's laws, is point out unacceptable behavior and proscribe a punishment.
By "unacceptable" read "immoral".

What other behavior would be unacceptable other than immoral behavior? No one is going to object to moral behavior, right?

Take a law against homosexuality. In many Muslim countries have the death penalty for homosexuality. They put a lot of people to death for this.
NO THEY DON'T!!!!

I mean, they do have the death penalty for it but they DO NOT put hardly anyone to death for homosexuality in Muslim countries. Muslim countries have fewer homos than they have evangelical Christians! (Christian evangelism is another capital crime in a lot of Muslim countries).

Capital punishment works!

DO they have fewer homosexuals that us? No.
HA!

You're a flat out fool! Do you just believe anything that pops into your head and then state it as fact?

They just have many homosexuals that are successfully hiding their homosexuality.
No. This implies that God Himself is unjust by presupposing the notion that homos are "born that way", which is completely false. Homos are made by other homos when they molest young children (usually between the ages of 5 and 8 years old and often their own family members, by the way).

Has the law changed their morality? Not even a little bit. Does this matter? Consider that Jesus said that, under the law, a man who looks at a woman with lust in their heart is guilty of adultery. Laws do not change peoples hearts and Jesus is concerned about what is in our hearts.
You're just a fountain of meaningless cliche that literally thousands of years of history proves false tens of thousands of times over.

Know this. You DO believe that God is unjust.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It is one thing to point out that what somebody is doing is wrong. It is an entirely different thing to say they should be put to death for it.

And?

I don't agree with your explanation.

No one cares.

Make an argument.

Sorry, after listening to a lot of Bob's teaching, I do not accept him as my teacher.

No one said you had to.

What you should accept is what the Bible teaches. Bob taught that.

He is an old testament Christian.

Whatever that's supposed to mean...

Yes, he said things deserved death but he never once called for anybody to be put to death.

Saying someone deserves death for their actions is by definition calling for them to be put to death for their actions.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have said they deserve death.

Instead, he taught them about the forgiveness to be found in Christ.

Paul said, quote:

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake.

Everyone should be subject to the authorities.

There is no authority except from God.

The authorities that exist are appointed by God. (That is to say, the governments themselves, not the people in the governments.)

THEREFORE:

Whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God.

Those who resist bring judgement upon themselves.

Rulers are a terror to those who work evil.

The authorities are God's ministers to you for good.

If you do evil, be afraid.

FOR:

He does not bear THE SWORD in vain.

FOR:

He is God's minister to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

THEREFORE:

We must be subject, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience' sake.

Did you catch that?

The authorities, aka governments, do not bear the sword in vain.

Again, they do not bear THE SWORD in vain.

A sword is not used for beating people, Cab.

It's used for killing.

Paul is endorsing a government's use of the death penalty.

None the less, the verse does mean that we will be judged by the same measure we use to judge others.

Only if you're a hypocrite!

If you're not a hypocrite, then that measure cannot be used against you!

That's what it means to not be a hypocrite, Cabinet!

Are you so sure of your measure that you are willing to be judged by it?

Yes.

See: {definition of hypocrite}

And this is the crux of the matter and it has nothing to do with our sins. Read that verse again. Those that believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior are not condemned. But those who do not believe in Jesus are already condemned. Nothing abut sin. When you believe, your sins are washed clean by Jesus. That is the Good News of the gospel: Jesus forgives your sins.

They're condemned for their sin of not repenting of their rebellion against God.

Repenting of their rebellion against God is tantamount to, if not synonymous with believing that God will save them from their sins if they put their trust in Him, generally speaking.

I would strongly disagree with this.

No one cares.

Make an argument.

It is VERY Biblical.

Matthew 28:19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

That seems pretty clear direction to me!

It's very clear direction indeed..... To His disciples, not to you.

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Amen.

Jesus just spent 40 days teaching them the things pertaining to the coming KINGDOM of God.

So it makes sense that He would tell THEM (not you) to go and spread what He taught them.

Jesus said no one comes to the Father except through Him.

To His disciples.

Israel no longer plays a part in redemption.

Redemption from what?

I also note that Jesus taught men to love their wives as Christ loves his church.

Nope. That was Paul, not Jesus.

What is Christ's church if it is not those that have accepted His gift of salvation?

Which church?

There are two of them.

I disagree.

No one cares. Make an argument.

The New Covenant is between God and those who call His Son their savior.

Saying it doesn't make it so, and you have been given scripture that says otherwise. Your disagreement is with Scripture.

Here it is again, in case you've forgotten:

“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— . . .

I am saying that command became mute

*moot

when Christ completed the Old Covenant and ushered in the New Covenant with His death on the cross.

And Paul says otherwise:

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

The Law of Moses, and its proscribed punishments, do not bind those of us under the New Covenant.

A Covenant is a kind of law.

No one today is under the New Covenant. That includes you.

And yes, those under the New Covenant were indeed bound by the law.

As Paul points out:

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

I do not condone sin, but it is not my charge to punish it,

No one said it was.

That responsibility belongs solely to the government, and by extension, those who act under it's authority.

only point it out and show people there is a better way.

You should be condemning evil, and be calling for justice.

It was just under the Old Covenant, under Mosaic Law. But the New Covenant sets a somewhat different standard.

The problem with legislating morality is that it does not work.

Yes, it does.

All a law can do, any law including God's laws, is point out unacceptable behavior and proscribe a punishment.

There are 5 commands within the Ten Commandments that are the basis for ANY righteous justice system. Four of them are for crimes, and the fifth is for determining motive, but isn't a law against a crime in and of itself.

Take a law against homosexuality. In many Muslim countries have the death penalty for homosexuality. They put a lot of people to death for this. DO they have fewer homosexuals that us? No.

Yes, they do, despite what the mainstream media tells you.

They just have many homosexuals that are successfully hiding their homosexuality.

Thanks for directly contradicting what you just said.

Has the law changed their morality? Not even a little bit.

The point is not to "change their morality."

The point of a law is to deter criminals from acting out their criminal desires.

And used properly, it is a tutor to bring men to Christ, to make them recognize that they are in need of a new heart.

Does this matter? Consider that Jesus said that, under the law, a man who looks at a woman with lust in their heart is guilty of adultery.

Supra, re: half of the Ten Commandments

Laws do not change peoples hearts

Paul disagrees with you.

Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

So does Solomon, the wisest man to have ever lived, even in his fallen state:

Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

and Jesus is concerned about what is in our hearts.

Jesus cares about what is good and just.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Let's try another one.
2 Kings 20:12-18 KJV — At that time Berodachbaladan, the son of Baladan, king of Babylon, sent letters and a present unto Hezekiah: for he had heard that Hezekiah had been sick. And Hezekiah hearkened unto them, and shewed them all the house of his precious things, the silver, and the gold, and the spices, and the precious ointment, and all the house of his armour, and all that was found in his treasures: there was nothing in his house, nor in all his dominion, that Hezekiah shewed them not. Then came Isaiah the prophet unto king Hezekiah, and said unto him, What said these men? and from whence came they unto thee? And Hezekiah said, They are come from a far country, even from Babylon. And he said, What have they seen in thine house? And Hezekiah answered, All the things that are in mine house have they seen: there is nothing among my treasures that I have not shewed them. And Isaiah said unto Hezekiah, Hear the word of the LORD. Behold, the days come, that all that is in thine house, and that which thy fathers have laid up in store unto this day, shall be carried into Babylon: nothing shall be left, saith the LORD. And of thy sons that shall issue from thee, which thou shalt beget, shall they take away; and they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon.

God used Babylon to punish Hezekiah's offspring in response to Hezekiah showing off his riches.

The punishment was for Hezekiah's actions. It was to be executed by another nation, and it would be executed on someone besides the guilty party (to your point below.

Never said He was.

But there seems to be collateral damage, like children killed in the flood.

Yes, but is it a different issue? Id be interested to hear your take on it.

Agreed, except for those types of examples mentioned above. And I'll give you 1 more.
David's first son with Bathsheba.
If "collateral damage" as you call it isn't a different issue then God is unjust and Jeremiah 18 and Ezekiel 18 are both a pack of lies and God is therefore a liar and the whole discussion is therefore moot!

Just how badly do you want to win this?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The difference being that the two are two different but related topics. There are all sorts of things that are wrong (i.e. immoral) not all of them are criminal in nature. You can tell a lie to your spouse about where you were last night. That is immoral but it isn't a crime. If where you were last night was raping, murdering and eating young boys, then that is a crime that you should be executed for (i.e. upon conviction, of course).

No one cares whether you agree or not. WHY don't you agree?

Why is it so impossible to get people to make an argument on this website?

You are completely stupid.

I've been around for a long time. I've been exposed to and involved with Bob Enyart's ministry for over thirty years and you are the first and ONLY person on planet Earth that has or will ever make such a mindlessly idiotic statement about Bob's teaching. It is exactly the opposite of the truth. Precisely 180° out of phase.

The above two quoted sentences, by the way, for everyone who might be reading this post, is a terrific example of an actual ad hominem. CM has rejected anything that the article I linked to might say not on the basis of what it says but on a completely baseless, utterly false and emotionally charged accusation. (For those who are slow - the point is the "insult" and "ad hominem" are NOT synonyms.

That's stupidity. By that idiotic standard, neither have I or anyone else on this website.

You are impossible to talk too. You're just making things up to suit your feelings.

I will not be judged AT ALL (not in the manner you mean it here)! Christ was judged in my stead! He was accused, convicted and executed all on my behalf.

Complete stupidity.

You are not condemned apart from sin! Romans 7:9

Yes, a direction given to the Twelve who taught the Law to Israel. Matthew 10:23, Acts 21:20, Galatians 2:7-9, and elsewhere.

Israel has only been set aside temporarily. God will return to Israel when the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. While there are many commonalities between the two, some of which you allude to above, it doesn't mean that we've replaced Israel outright. The Body of Christ is a separate thing entirely from Israel.

Paul disagrees.

I agree with Paul.

You are conflating two different topics but there's no way you could defend even this much of your doctrine in any consistent manner.

Leaving criminal justice aside for a moment, is it a sin to murder? Is it a sin to rape? Is it a sin to have sex with your neighbor's wife? Is it a sin to molest children? Is it a sin to have sex with animals? Is it a sin to commit sodomy?

How about lesser sins....

Is it a sin to steal your neighbor's property?
Is it a sin to beat your neighbor with a bat for no reason (i.e. not in self-defense but just because you felt like it)?
Is it a sin to con old women out of their life's savings?

Lesser still...

Is it a sin to covet?

WHY?

It isn't anyone's charge to punish sin other than God. It is, however, the government's charge to punish CRIME!

Do you understand what the difference is?

No, CM, you are flatly wrong. It was not the Old covenant that gave authority to men to punish crime. That authority was delegated by God to man immediately after the Flood. That was LONG before what you think of as the Old Covenant was around. A very long time.

Nothing else but morality can be justly legislated.

The purpose of the criminal justice system is precisely the prohibition of immoral civic behavior.

By "unacceptable" read "immoral".

What other behavior would be unacceptable other than immoral behavior? No one is going to object to moral behavior, right?

NO THEY DON'T!!!!

I mean, they do have the death penalty for it but they DO NOT put hardly anyone to death for homosexuality in Muslim countries. Muslim countries have fewer homos than they have evangelical Christians! (Christian evangelism is another capital crime in a lot of Muslim countries).

Capital punishment works!

HA!

You're a flat out fool! Do you just believe anything that pops into your head and then state it as fact?

No. This implies that God Himself is unjust by presupposing the notion that homos are "born that way", which is completely false. Homos are made by other homos when they molest young children (usually between the ages of 5 and 8 years old and often their own family members, by the way).

You're just a fountain of meaningless cliche that literally thousands of years of history proves false tens of thousands of times over.

Know this. You DO believe that God is unjust.

Aww, you beat me to it!

Gary K

Banned
Apparently, some people that call themselves Christians do not know that much of the old covenant law is based on eternal principles that are universally applicable.

Rom 7:12 (AKJV/PCE)​
(7:12) Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.​
And why do you say that? It seems to me that it's you that doesn't understand those principles. Those principles are based in the love of God for His love is a principled love. Jesus died for principles not an emotion.

John 15: 12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
And why do you say that? It seems to me that it's you that doesn't understand those principles. Those principles are based in the love of God for His love is a principled love. Jesus died for principles not an emotion.

John 15: 12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Explain it to us then, Gary!

What is it about love that serves as the basis for the following Old Testament principles of justice....

Leviticus 24:19 ‘If a man causes disfigurement of his neighbor, as he has done, so shall it be done to him— 20 fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; as he has caused disfigurement of a man, so shall it be done to him. 21 And whoever kills an animal shall restore it; but whoever kills a man shall be put to death. 22 You shall have the same law for the stranger and for one from your own country; for I am the Lord your God.’ ”​
THAT IS NOT A TRICK QUESTION!!!

The fact is that you're right but I'm willing to bet you haven't the faintest idea of what you're actually talking about and couldn't explain how the above passage is based on love to anyone if your own life depended on it.

Go ahead! If you pull it off, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

My prediction: You won't even make any attempt to explain it at all because you don't know and don't care to find out.

Gary K

Banned
Explain it to us then, Gary!

What is it about love that serves as the basis for the following Old Testament principles of justice....

Leviticus 24:19 ‘If a man causes disfigurement of his neighbor, as he has done, so shall it be done to him— 20 fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; as he has caused disfigurement of a man, so shall it be done to him. 21 And whoever kills an animal shall restore it; but whoever kills a man shall be put to death. 22 You shall have the same law for the stranger and for one from your own country; for I am the Lord your God.’ ”​
THAT IS NOT A TRICK QUESTION!!!

The fact is that you're right but I'm willing to bet you haven't the faintest idea of what you're actually talking about and couldn't explain how the above passage is based on love to anyone if your own life depended on it.

Go ahead! If you pull it off, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

My prediction: You won't even make any attempt to explain it at all because you don't know and don't care to find out.
Well, you just lost that bet.

The clue is found in the laws about the strangers. It's all about God's love for us and protecting us. You remind me of the Pharisees of Jesus' day. They killed Him because of their hatred of God. It's like Jesus told them that didn't believe Moses and therefore couldn't believe in Him.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Well, you just lost that bet.

The clue is found in the laws about the strangers. It's all about God's love for us and protecting us. You remind me of the Pharisees of Jesus' day. They killed Him because of their hatred of God. It's like Jesus told them that didn't believe Moses and therefore couldn't believe in Him.
I haven't lost it yet, Gary! All you did here was make the same claim over again. I want you to explain it. If we don't get it. If we have failed to understand then explain it all to us!

I acknowledge that love has everything to do with why God said the following....

The difference between you and I is that I can do a lot more than merely make the claim. I not only understand it, I can explain it to people in terms that they can understand. I don't make obscure references to Kindred Redeemer doctrines or reference Strong's concordance or anything else like that. I just explain simply why a loving God would want certain people's bones broken, eyes poked out or to have them killed outright.

The challenge is to see if you can do the same, which, of course, you cannot or you'd have done so already. You don't have any idea where to even start.

Gary K

Banned
I haven't lost it yet, Gary! All you did here was make the same claim over again. I want you to explain it. If we don't get it. If we have failed to understand then explain it all to us!

I acknowledge that love has everything to do with why God said the following....

The difference between you and I is that I can do a lot more than merely make the claim. I not only understand it, I can explain it to people in terms that they can understand. I don't make obscure references to Kindred Redeemer doctrines or reference Strong's concordance or anything else like that. I just explain simply why a loving God would want certain people's bones broken, eyes poked out or to have them killed outright.

The challenge is to see if you can do the same, which, of course, you cannot or you'd have done so already. You don't have any idea where to even start.
The Bible is the best explanation for it is absolute truth. My opinions don't matter any more than your's do.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The Bible is the best explanation for it is absolute truth. My opinions don't matter any more than your's do.
Translation:
"I'm so full of it that I don't mind telling people that they don't understand something but when challenged to explain it myself, I wilt like a Pansy in the Texas sun."

No one was asking for your opinion, least of all me!

You want to know why you're despised, Gary? This is it!! You're a hypocritical ignoramus and a liar.

Gary K

Banned
Translation:
"I'm so full of it that I don't mind telling people that they don't understand something but when challenged to explain it myself, I wilt like a Pansy in the Texas sun."

No one was asking for your opinion, least of all me!

You want to know why you're despised, Gary? This is it!! You're a hypocritical ignoramus and a liar.
So you think you're opinions are the best ideas since sliced bread. OK. Whatever.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
A brick wall is not as stubborn. 🙄
A brick wall has a really excellent excuse!

No matter how many times you repeat that, he just doesn't get it.
It really is beginning to feel like some sort of mental disorder. It's like no matter how many time you repeat the same exact point, it doesn't stick. There is this, "there is no such thing as objective truth, everything is a matter of opinion" default mentality that assumes that everything anyone says is stated from within that paradigm.

Right Divider

Body part
A brick wall has a really excellent excuse!
;)
It really is beginning to feel like some sort of mental disorder. It's like no matter how many time you repeat the same exact point, it doesn't stick. There is this, "there is no such thing as objective truth, everything is a matter of opinion" default mentality that assumes that everything anyone says is stated from within that paradigm.
We have made it clear (especially you) that we are not talking about a battle of opinions here. We are talking about making a reasoned argument. But some people cannot seem to understand this simple concept.