God says that He is not a Trinity

KingdomRose

Come ye near unto ME, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent ME. - Isaiah 48:16

Your point is? Where in that is there any indication that all the things that are mentioned are EQUAL in power and authority?

oatmeal

There are examples of a dialog between two members of YHWH, but this is not one of them.
And God said, Let us make man in our image - Genesis 1:26a

How should I reply to this?

Hmm. What scriptures could I teach to clarify this for beameup?

Is there anything I could communicate to him that would clarify that it doesn't take more than one person for someone to have a conversation?

How could we do this for him?

KingdomRose

Someone you bow down to and worship.

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is LORD, to the glory of God the Father.
- Philippians 2:10-11

No...."AT THE NAME OF JESUS" every knee should bow TO THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER. Not to the glory of Jesus. You don't understand your own citation.

KingdomRose

There are examples of a dialog between two members of YHWH, but this is not one of them.

"Two members of YHWH" is not Scriptural. There is YHWH and there is His Son. The Son is not the same individual as YHWH. At Genesis 1:26a YHWH said to His Son, "Let us make man in our image." There is no indication that the Son is equal to the Father or that he is a "member" of the Father.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He can if He wanted to. God creates, He does not procreate.

God created animals but they are not a reproduction of him, they are not in his likeness or image.

A son is a reproduction of his parents.

Jesus had a Spirit father and a Spirit mother and Jesus was born of the Spirit.

Reproduction takes two.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Where did Jesus GET the power? Jehovah GAVE it to him. He is the Source of all power and authority. If Jehovah didn't GIVE Jesus the power, Jesus would not have it.

Jesus was born of the Spirit. Like Father, like Son.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Royal or Majestic “we” in Hebrew[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

The "Let us" in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Genesis1:26[/FONT][FONT=&quot], can be easily explained by the following example:

I see a group of children sitting and I tell them, "Let us play soccer!"

It is I who did the talking to an audience.

And [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Genesis 1:27[/FONT][FONT=&quot] clarifies immediately by saying, "And God created man in His image"

Thus, it is still Yahwah who is Elohiym, who created man.

The majestic plural, also called the royal plural, is the use of a plural word, such as the pronoun we or us, to refer to a single person. The majestic plural emphasizes a member of royalty, referring to himself, saying, “We” instead of “I.”

The ancient Hebrews used the majestic plural, and some examples are found in the Old Testament. But the construction is not unique to Hebrew language alone.

The reason for the majestic plural is to indicate greatness, power, and prestige. It is normally reserved for use by nobles, kings, popes, and other persons of high rank when speaking in an official capacity.

In the Bible, we find four verses in which God refers to Himself using plural pronouns. The most well-known passage is [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Genesis 1:26[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: “Then God said, ‘Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness.’” See also [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Genesis 3:22[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Genesis 11:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Isaiah 6:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. The One God is speaking of Himself in plural form, us and our. This is a perfect example of the majestic plural. God’s divine greatness is emphasized by use of pronouns.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

oatmeal

No one is equal to the Most High. :duh:

that is correct. However we can are equal to do His will, even as His son was equal to the task of obeying Him to death, even the death of the cross. We can live the same commitment that he did, for I can do all things through Christ. But will we rise up to that. Paul worked to do so. Philippians 3:10

oatmeal

[FONT="]Royal or Majestic “we” in Hebrew[/FONT][/B][FONT="]

The "Let us" in [/FONT][FONT="]Genesis1:26[/FONT][FONT="], can be easily explained by the following example:

I see a group of children sitting and I tell them, "Let us play soccer!"

It is I who did the talking to an audience.

And [/FONT][FONT="]Genesis 1:27[/FONT][FONT="] clarifies immediately by saying, "And God created man in His image"

Thus, it is still Yahwah who is Elohiym, who created man.

The majestic plural, also called the royal plural, is the use of a plural word, such as the pronoun we or us, to refer to a single person. The majestic plural emphasizes a member of royalty, referring to himself, saying, “We” instead of “I.”

The ancient Hebrews used the majestic plural, and some examples are found in the Old Testament. But the construction is not unique to Hebrew language alone.

The reason for the majestic plural is to indicate greatness, power, and prestige. It is normally reserved for use by nobles, kings, popes, and other persons of high rank when speaking in an official capacity.

In the Bible, we find four verses in which God refers to Himself using plural pronouns. The most well-known passage is [/FONT][FONT="]Genesis 1:26[/FONT][FONT="]: “Then God said, ‘Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness.’” See also [/FONT][FONT="]Genesis 3:22[/FONT][FONT="]; [/FONT][FONT="]Genesis 11:7[/FONT][FONT="]; and [/FONT][FONT="]Isaiah 6:8[/FONT][FONT="]. The One God is speaking of Himself in plural form, us and our. This is a perfect example of the majestic plural. God’s divine greatness is emphasized by use of pronouns.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]

Laban does that, as well as Daniel

keypurr

And a son is the same kind of being as his father.

Yes, but he is a creation, firstborn of all creatures.

He was given wisdom and power by his creator.

But he is not God, he has a God and there is only one true God.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, but he is a creation, firstborn of all creatures.

Adam was a creation, he was not born. To be born requires a father and a mother.

The mortal Jesus was born of his Spirit parents and is now immortal.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

God says that He is not a Trinity or any multiple.

Isaiah 45:6
so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting people may know there is none besides me. I am Yahwah, and there is no other.

It is unfortunate that people will not even believe God. No other, is no other person. You can not say that if you are a trinity or a multiple.

There is no other
Genesis 1:26 New King James Version (NKJV)

26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all[a] the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Then the Lord God said, 'Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil.'"

One of us implies more than one person.