God is not a Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherubRam

God is not a man

God is not a man: In Numbers 23:19; "God is not a man..." defies the possibility that Yahshua The Messiah is God. The text states that: Yahwah is not an ("iys / man) that He should lie, nor the son of (Adam / Man")...

Malachi 3:6
I (the LORD / Yahwah) do not change...

Hosea 11:9
I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I devastate Ephraim again. For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you.

Psalm 80:17
Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand, the son of man you have raised up for yourself.

Matthew 26:64
"Yes, it is as you say," Yahshua replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Matthew 22:41
41While the Pharisees were gathered together, Yahshua asked them, 42"What do you think about the Messiah ? Whose son is he?" "The son of David," they replied. 43He said to them, "How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him 'lord'? For he says, 44" 'The Lord said to my lord: "Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet." 45If then David calls him 'lord,' how can he be his son?"

Matthew 1:1
[ The Genealogy of Yahshua the Messiah ] This is the genealogy of Yahshua the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham:

Matthew 1:20
But after he had considered this, an (angel/ messenger) of (the Lord / Yahwah) appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Luke 1:27
to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David.

John 10:36
what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

John 13:16
Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.

John 14:28
“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Philippians 2:5-7
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Messiah Yahshua: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
That word "equal" could be translated in other words, such as, "equated," or "counted," or "equality."And the word robbery can translate as "obtainable." If Yahshua states that "The Father is greater than I" and refers to his Father in prayer as "You, the only true God," in (John 17:3.) It's kind of obvious that he's not equal to the one who sent him. "God exalted him," he did not exalt himself !

Here is an alternate reading of Philippians 2:6. Who being in the form of God did not think equality with God as obtainable.

God is the name of no one because it is a title. There are many gods, real, or imagined. Scholars insert the article "a" whenever they think it should apply. God, or, a god. All of the sons of God are gods because they have life immortal. Yahshua said he was a son of God, so therefore he was a god. Nowhere in scripture does Yahshua ever say he is the Father or Holy Spirit, whom the Father is the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit also being a name title and not a personal name. Yahwah informs us of only one personal name for Himself, and that name is Yahwah.

Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.

13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?”
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.”
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you. That is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

Malachi 3:6
For I am (the Lord / Yahwah,) I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"God is not a man..." defies the possibility that Yahshua The Messiah is God. The text states that: Yahwah is not an ("iys / man) that He should lie, nor the son of (Adam / Man")...

If you are saying the Most High was not born of woman, I agree.

Jesus has a God.

However, Jesus also has all power in heaven and earth.

Like Pilate said, "Behold the man!"

Right Divider

Body part
CR is just like his father the devil. Quoting scripture out of context to try to make it mean something that it does NOT mean.
Num 23:19 (AKJV/PCE)
(23:19) God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

This scripture is simply saying that God does NOT LIE.... like a MAN. And that if God says He will do something...HE WILL DO IT!

This scripture does NOT say that God cannot take on human flesh.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Jesus has a God.

that does not make Him God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 4:24 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

CherubRam

Jesus has a God.

God (Yahwah) turned over the earth to Yahshua, to be under his control.

CherubRam

Yahweh is a Man of war; Yahweh is His name. (Exo 15.3)

אִישׁ
Meaning
man, person; husband (rare); anybody, nobody (formal, in negative constructions)

Man

noun
man
אָדָם, גֶבֶר, אִישׁ, בֶּן אָדָם, אֶנוֹשׁ, בַּעַל
husband
בַּעַל, בֶּן זוּג, אִישׁ, אִישׁ חֵיקָה

Apple7

אִישׁ
Meaning
man, person; husband (rare); anybody, nobody (formal, in negative constructions)

Man

noun
man
husband

Thanks for proving my point...:)

CherubRam

Thanks for proving my point...:)

Yahwah is a man (male,) but He is not a son of (man / Adam.)

Exodus 15:3
The Lord (Yahwah) is a man of war: the Lord (Yahwah) is his name.

אִישׁ
Meaning

Man

noun
man
husband

CherubRam

CR is just like his father the devil. Quoting scripture out of context to try to make it mean something that it does NOT mean.
Num 23:19 (AKJV/PCE)
(23:19) God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

This scripture is simply saying that God does NOT LIE.... like a MAN. And that if God says He will do something...HE WILL DO IT!

This scripture does NOT say that God cannot take on human flesh.

My quotes of scriptures is more accurate than your faulty translations.

Apple7

אִישׁ
Meaning

Man

noun
man
husband

The formula, ‘ish milhamah’, ‘Man of War’, is a human attribute, as witnessed throughout scripture, as thus…

• Machir, the first-born of Manasseh, was ‘ish milhamah’. (Joshua 17.1)

• The son of Jesse, was ‘ish milhamah’. (1 Sam 16.18)

• The Philistine was ‘ish milhamah’. (1 Sam 17.33)

• His father was ‘ish milhamah’. (2 Sam 17.8)

• Yahweh is going to remove ‘ish milhamah’. (Isa 3.2)

From scriptural usage, alone, we can clearly see that ‘Man of War’, (ish milhamah), does indeed apply to humanity in all locations outside of Exo 15.3….thus, the only logical conclusion that can be drawn when the same phrase is applied to Yahweh, is that Yahweh was in human form in the OT.

CherubRam

The formula, ‘ish milhamah’, ‘Man of War’, is a human attribute, as witnessed throughout scripture, as thus…

• Machir, the first-born of Manasseh, was ‘ish milhamah’. (Joshua 17.1)

• The son of Jesse, was ‘ish milhamah’. (1 Sam 16.18)

• The Philistine was ‘ish milhamah’. (1 Sam 17.33)

• His father was ‘ish milhamah’. (2 Sam 17.8)

• Yahweh is going to remove ‘ish milhamah’. (Isa 3.2)

From scriptural usage, alone, we can clearly see that ‘Man of War’, (ish milhamah), does indeed apply to humanity in all locations outside of Exo 15.3….thus, the only logical conclusion that can be drawn when the same phrase is applied to Yahweh, is that Yahweh was in human form in the OT.

The Hebrew word for "wind" is also translated as "spirit." Yahwah our God is a male person.

jaybird

אִישׁ
Meaning

Man

noun
man
husband

i thought the word in question in the EX passage was warrior.

TrevorL

Greetings Apple7,
My explanation of Exodus 15:3 is that it is most probably figurative language and does not need to be absolutely literal, just as we speak of the “arm” of the LORD. Does God the Father, Yahweh have a literal arm? The other alternative is that the word does not have to be narrowly defined as “man”, as it could have a wider range, but I will not initially check my meagre language resources.

Exodus 15:3 is commemorating the deliverance of Israel out of Egypt after crossing the Red Sea. Are you suggesting that God changed back and forth from a Divine form into a human form? If so, could you suggest a few OT occasions when God was revealed as a man or human form, especially in the era of the deliverance of Israel from Egypt? A few Bible references may help.

Kind regards
Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.