Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

beloved57

The Antichrist and man of sin religion are people who promote themselves and their freewill over and above God's will in determining who is saved ! 2 Thess 2:3-4

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

This Antichrist sentiment believes that Salvation is accomplished by a synergy [a cooperative effort with God and man]. They say God has done all He can in providing a salvation plan through Jesus Christ and that this plan or provision is at everyones avail without exception, but its man's response that is the determining factor, for he has freewill to accept or reject the offer of Salvation ! So it is man who plays the most important role, and not God on who is saved eternally. This blasphemy is an attempt to dethrone God as the Sole Author of a Man's Salvation. God the Father chose who should be saved, God the Son died for them thus redeeming them from death, and God the Holy Spirit makes Christ redemptive death effectual, and gives Faith and Repentance, and so it is God who decides who shall be saved, and not man !

Ted L Glines

This is why I believe this is True !

2 Thess 2:1-4

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Isa 14:13-14

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Man's own freewill by far is the most believed and popular religious conviction throughout the whole world. Rev 13:1;5-8

1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

It's adherents are linked to all the various denominations, and sects, yes, even the non religious adhere to man's freewill.

So John writes Rev 13:16

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

That is all follow this deadly concept or philosophy of man's freewill !

So, what else is new? Sounds like 7:30 PM in East Los Angeles. Most of us have a care to stay outta there.

Free will is what you make it, on your own, by yourself, all the time. It will hurt you if you make that choice.

beloved57

Freewill in Salvation is a lie and a denial of man's depraved and dead state spiritually by nature. That God hath concluded all under sin !

Gal 3:22

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

The words concluded and under are very strong words !

The word concluded is the greek word sygkleiō and means:

to shut up together, enclose

a) of a shoal of fishes in a net

2) to shut up on all sides, shut up completely

It denotes an imprisonment, shut under completely, on all sides !

All that is in us by nature and all that is done by us, are under the power and dominion of sin. That is all the members of our bodies, all the faculties of the soul, all thoughts of our minds Per Gen 6:5

5And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

All the emotions of the heart Jer 17:9

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

This desperately wicked actually means incurable !

All the intentions of our wills, all of our choices, our works, even our righteousness is as filthy rags Isa 64:6

6But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

And yet, men are teaching that they are saved by their freewill..Its a demonic teaching ! 1 Tim 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

beloved57

There are many antichists !

There are many antichists !

1 Jn 2:18

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many Antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Contrary to popular opinion the Antichrist is not one man, but One devil working through many men, just like the Man of God 2 Tim 3:17 is not one man, but many whom the Spirit of God instructs and teaches with the word of God.

What characterizes the man of sin ? 2 Thess 2:3

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The Man of Sin Opposes God ! So the Antichrist opposes God and or God's Truth, His servants. The word for opposeth is the greek word antikeimai and means:

to be set over against, opposite to

2) to oppose, be adverse to, withstand

To be an adversary against the Truth. Paul wrote on one occasion 1 Cor 16:9

9For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.

or Many opposer's, or as John calls them many Antichrist, they simply oppose the Truth !

The man of sin exalts himself above God

The man of sin sits himself up in the Temple of God [Where the Worship and Presence of God should be] and is worshipped as God, showing that he is God.

The Man of sin, the Antichrist,is any system of religion, any man or group of men, any preacher, of any church or denomination that teaches that salvation is dependent upon or conditioned upon the will, or works or the merit of man, instead of the will and work of God through Christ, for God's Elect. It does not matter what denomination, baptist, presbyterian, pentecostal, or any other mainland cult. 2 Tim 4:3

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

This phrase turn away is the greek word apostrephō:

to turn away

a) to remove anything from anyone

b) to turn him away from allegiance to any one

c) tempt to defect

2) to turn back, return, bring back

a) of putting a sword back in its sheath

b) of Judas returning money to temple

3) to turn one's self away, turn back, return

4) to turn one's self away from, deserting

It also means to pervert Lk 23:14

14Said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people: and, behold, I, having examined him before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him:

The Ideal here is the perversion of the Truth, the turning away from it by perverting it !

Acts 13:10

10And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

The word pervert here is greek word diastrephō and means:

to distort, turn aside

a) to oppose, plot against the saving purposes and plans of God

2) to turn aside from the right path, to pervert, corrupt

You see how all this ties in to what Paul teaches of the Man of sin in 2 Thess 2:3-4 They oppose the Eternal Saving Purpose of God through Christ of God's Elect People, those Chosen in Christ before the foundation..

beloved57

The Teachings of the man of sin, the Antichrist that opposes God and His Truth:

Those who teach that God's Eternal Purpose regarding the Salvation of those Christ died for can be altered, or hindered or even thwarted by man's will, are according to Col 2:23 will worshippers, for they do not really worship God, but their so called freewill, thats their god. They believe their freewill determines God's Eternal Purpose in saving a Soul, and not God's will alone.

Case and point, these will teach that those God wills to be saved 1 Tim 2:4

4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

The greek word for will is thelo strongs says:

Desire (Noun and Verb), Desirous:

"to will, to wish," implying volition and purpose, frequently a determination, is most usually rendered "to will

That this will or resolve of God to have all men saved and come to the knowledge of the Truth is dependent on the will of man for it to be a reality, thats Antichrist.

For God the Father has committed to His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ to save all whom He desires to be saved. So if one of those all men in 1 Tim 2:4 that God desires or intends to be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth , is not, then that suggests failure on Christ behalf, because God sent Him to seek and to save that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

So thats why to teach that 1 Tim 2:4, the success of it depends on man's will is Antichrist, against and opposes Christ saving work !

beloved57

More on the Teachings of the Man of Sin !

Those who are teaching that the Merits and Efficacy of Christ death to save, that it is dependent upon man's will, his freewill decision or man's act of believing, thats Antichrist, for it's clearly a teaching against the accomplishment of Christ to save whom He died for, and makes it the deed of the sinner who finally decides the efficacy of His Death ! For the Truth of the matter is, all those Christ died for, the efficacy of it, has perfected them forever before God Heb 10:14

14For by one offering[His Death] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

beloved57

Those who deny that saving Faith, that Faith to believe in Christ as Heb 10:39

But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Those that deny that this is a Sovereign Work of God the Holy Spirit, in the New Birth Jn 3:3-8; 6:29; 2 Thess 2:13 given to all for whom Christ died and for His Sake Phil 1:29

29For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Those who deny this are Antichrist and follow the man of sin !

logical1

This is why I believe this is True !

2 Thess 2:1-4

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Isa 14:13-14

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Man's own freewill by far is the most believed and popular religious conviction throughout the whole world. Rev 13:1;5-8

1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

It's adherents are linked to all the various denominations, and sects, yes, even the non religious adhere to man's freewill.

So John writes Rev 13:16

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

That is all follow this deadly concept or philosophy of man's freewill !

i feel i speak for many other posters who read this:

What the devil are you talking about????

are you saying that humans do not have free will? they dont have the freedom to sin or not sin??? I mean, i can't figure out what you are saying at all...

If you say that you believe in Once Saved Always saved... that's a heresy

logical1

log:

Then maybe this thread is over your head. What I have stated , I have stated plainly..

i would expect such an answer from a Catholic hater...

oh well...

again, you peple have no arguemnts... so you just say anything...

you dont want an intelligent answer becasue then you may not have an answer yourself...
so youjust say ... non response types of things.. like What i have stated, i have stated plainly.

no, Jesus stated thingsplainly...

you... Ha! different freaking story....

i u/stand everything Jesus says...

you... far from it..

logical1

Those who deny that saving Faith, that Faith to believe in Christ as Heb 10:39

But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Those that deny that this is a Sovereign Work of God the Holy Spirit, in the New Birth Jn 3:3-8; 6:29; 2 Thess 2:13 given to all for whom Christ died and for His Sake Phil 1:29

29For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Those who deny this are Antichrist and follow the man of sin !
you OSAS ppl act like a persobn who once knew Jesus and accepted Him can never be free again to go against Him...

geeze... do you people know yourself at all???

i am thinking of the ostrich for some reason....

logical1

Good thing he isn't saying people are forced against their will to love God.:cool:

when you love God even when you feel He is against you...

what a great thing that is...

its easy to love a God who never allows any pain into your life..

but then... who is without pain???

beloved57

Those who teach against and deny the Eternal Security of the Believer, they are the man of sin. For this teaching is dishonoring to and against what Christ has accomplished and obtained for His People. Their Eternal Redemption Heb 9:12

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Teaching against The Eternal Security of the Believer based solely upon Christ, makes Eternal Security dependent upon what man does. This is Anti Christ, against Christ. For scripture teaches Jn 10:27-30

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30I and my Father are one.

1 Cor 1:8

8Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Phil 1:6

6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

beloved57

Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace !

Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace !

Eph 1:6

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Salvation is to the Praise of the Glory of His Grace, and not the freewill of man. One may reply, but we must believe ! Yes, this is True, but we believe by or through Grace Acts 18:27

27And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace, and this is a evidence of Salvation by grace, and not a condition of it. The Man of sin has changed a evidence of salvation by Grace [Believing] into a condition for salvation, a performance man must do before his sins are forgiven and have Eternal Life.. So the Praise of believing goes not to grace, but to mans freewill..

SuperMonkey

The biggest lie ever told is that man is, or can become, G-d. Of that there is no doubt!

But I do believe that there will be a "man of sin" who does personally exalt himself and blaspheme the Most High. He will put to death those who refuse to take his name and worship him, and Christ will return in victory to establish His millennial kingdom.

beloved57

sm

But I do believe that there will be a "man of sin" who does personally exalt himself and blaspheme the Most High.

Thats man's freewill religion ! Its not one individual.