Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

beloved57

This is why I believe this is True !

2 Thess 2:1-4

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Isa 14:13-14

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Man's own freewill by far is the most believed and popular religious conviction throughout the whole world. Rev 13:1;5-8

1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

It's adherents are linked to all the various denominations, and sects, yes, even the non religious adhere to man's freewill.

So John writes Rev 13:16

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

That is all follow this deadly concept or philosophy of man's freewill !

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

beloved57

Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

This teaching of man's freewill in the matter of Salvation is not just of those who loudly proclaim it, but even to those in the reformed faiths, who in the final analysis, make faith and or repentance, the basis for a man's Justification before God. Even if it is supposedly God given Faith. Hence any that attribute any part of Justification in part or in whole to what man does is an Idolater and it does not matter who it is and what their credentials or reputation may be. Even though they may say the right things , like salvation by grace, election and new birth, yet they worship themselves, mans freewill ultimately is what determines if one is saved or lost, what man does or not do, it never fails. When all is said and done, freewill religionists makes man his own savior, and that is what I believe the text is saying, it is the exaltation of man. Freewill religion is a form of will worship as per Col 2:23

23Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

This will worship is ethelothrēskia and it means:

voluntary, arbitrary worship

a) worship which one prescribes and devises for himself, contrary to the contents and nature of faith which ought to be directed to Christ

b) said of the misdirected zeal and the practice of ascetics

Its self made religion, not according to Faith and what has been revealed.

This is the religion of cain. Cain instead of by Faith making an offering to God that was accepted, he instead, did what he thought or believed to be acceptable to God. It was his own self made worship, and no doubt done in sincerity and his best the fruit of the ground could offer. This is exactly what the freewillers are doing today, rejecting the revelation of scripture of how Justification and Salvation is wrought by the lamb of God, and do that which is right in their own eyes. Prov 14:22

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

There own self made religions, why you think its so many different suasions ?

Will worship is also the worship of ourselves. Did not The serpent tell Eve, that she could be as God !! Gen 3:5

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Ambition, to be as God. cp Isa 14:14

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Yes, this is what fuels freewill religion ! The word God in Gen 3:5 is the same exact word as in Gen 1:1

Satan was telling eve she could be, what he himself desired to be, like the Most High !

Last edited:

beloved57

Freewill ism, and Legalism and all other ism's is men worshiping themselves, having confidence in their flesh [ Jer 17:5;Phil 3:3], their ability, their decisions, their prudence or wisdom or good behaviour, their freewill. Folks if we have the least degree of confidence in ourselves in this matter of Justification before God, we are lost, and nothing but a Divine Supernatural Intervention of God's Grace can save us. The religion of the beast, no matter what denomination or religious organization will always without fail be manifested to the True Child of Grace, because it will always have a exalted view of man and resting Salvation or Justification before God on what man decides to do. 2 Thess 2:4

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. By insisting that Salvation depends on my will finally instead of God's will.

When a person thinks like that, that Justification and Salvation depends finally on them, what they do, then they usurp the prerogative of God, who alone made the decision within His Eternal Decree and for His own Glory, who is Saved.

2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Last edited:

beloved57

Freewill religion or the Man of sin religion will as stated earlier will always have a Pretentious view of Man !

This is True, because even though scripture, God's word declares man in a helpless lost condition, dead in sin, and only evil continually, without the ability to do good, yet men boast of their freewill which denies our total depravity and inability.

The scripture says none doeth good, no not one Ps 14:3

They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

This is repeated in Rom 3:12

They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

This is describing all mankind as being born sinners by nature.

Scripture says here that man is filthy by nature, unprofitable , useless or unserviceable.

That word filthy in Ps 14:3 means became morally corrupt. All men by nature are born helplessly morally corrupt, even our religious efforts in that state are corrupt and as filthy stinking rags before God Isa 64:6

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

But you know, man by nature cannot and will not submit to this Divine Declaration.

None says the Divine Verdict of fallen man, doeth good. None is exempt ! God is saying, there is absolutely none that acts rightly or that does well.

The WNT
All have turned aside from the right path; they have every one of them become corrupt. There is no one who does what is right--no, not so much as one."

And so because the freewill religion or the man of sin religion does not accept what God says [about mankind] in His word, The Man of sin opposeth what God says:

2 Thess 2:4

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

This word opposeth is the greek word antikeimai

to be set over against, opposite to

2) to oppose, be adverse to, withstand

It means to be contrary, withstand the Truth in God's Temple, in the Church, or what supposes to be the Church, the pillar and ground of Truth.

Whenever we oppose God's Truth, we are in fact exalting ourselves over God !

Freewill religion or philosophy is contrary to sound doctrine ! 1 Tim 1:10

10For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

You see, man's freewill in the matter of Salvation and Justification
before God is contrary to and opposes sound doctrine of the scripture.

So man of sin religion has a pretentious view of man !

beloved57

cross:

As redeemed we have a 'free will' to serve Him.

That is a lie also ! Phil 2:13

13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

beloved57

So we see that the Man of Sin Religion That Man has a freewill in this Matter of Salvation has a Pretentious view of Man ! Man denies his total inability in Spiritual matters, denies that he is dead to God.

Next, this Freewill or Man of sin religion has a Degrading view of God !

The Natural religions of men think of God as liken to themselves Ps 50:21

21These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.

One of the main comments the man of sin religion makes in his defense of freewill, but man is made in the Image and Likeness of God, and since God has Freewill, surely we men must have freewill to do as we please since God does and we are in His Image !

Being made in the Image and Likeness of God has nothing to do with being given the Divine Prerogatives that God Alone has, men are God's creatures, and made lower than the Angels, and these Holy Creatures [The Ones who did not sin] can not but blush and be astonished at the thinking of sinful men.

The freewillers denies and opposes God's Sovereignty, oh sure with lip service they will acknowledge that God is Sovereign, but not over all things. In many things they believe God's will is subservient to the will of men. They will deny that ultimately the person is saved or delivered from this evil world by the will of God as per Gal 1:4

4Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

And instead, they proclaim, this deliverance cannot occur unless man's will gives God consent !

They do not come right out and deny the Death of Christ and the accomplishments of His blood, but they limit its efficaciousness to finally be decided by the mighty freewill of Man !

They deny the work of the Holy Spirit as being the effectual applier of the Life that proceeds from the risen Christ to all for whom He died, and proclaim that ultimately the freewill of man decides who has Spiritual life applied to them, for this is degrading to the Work of the Spirit. It is the work of the Spirit of God Paul writes to bring one unto belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Faith or believing the Gospel [The word of Truth [Eph 1:13] is the result or fruit of the Sanctifying work of the Spirit, and not the freewill of man. !

So this man of sin religion, the religion of freewill sovereignty, has a degrading view of Almighty God, the Triune God whom Alone should receive the Glory for the Salvation of a Man..

Last edited:

beloved57

Sinners must do something !

Sinners must do something !

The Man of sin religion or the freewill religions all have one thing in common, they require man to do something to be come saved and some will require something to done to stay saved ! Even those groups who proclaim Grace ultimately make Justification before God a act of man, mans faith or believing or repentance. The Man of sin religion will always give man a occasion to boast in the flesh. Oh no he will not come right out and brag about it, he will say, but all i did was accept a gift, as that is suppose to mean he is not considering his final decision to accept the gift took away the fact that salvation for him was decided by something he did, he ACCEPTED the gift.

The word accept is a VERB and it means:

to take or receive (something offered); receive with approval or favor: to accept a present; to accept a proposal.

2. to agree or consent to; accede to: to accept a treaty; to accept an apology.

3. to respond or answer affirmatively to: to accept an invitation.

A verb denotes a performance of an action.

So if one denies that they did anything to become saved , but only accepted a gift, they have just lied to you.

The difference between saved and lost for them was their performance, whereas another who had the same gift offered them but refused to accept it, then it was because they did not perform the action of accepting. So they made themselves to differ, thats boasting, thats the religion of the man of sin, the freewill religion. Its a flat out repudiation of Salvation by Grace.

In my opinion the freewill religion is of Lucifer Isa 14:12-14

12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

This my friends epitomizes the concept of freewill, I WILL..

beloved57

Makes Room for man to Glory !

Makes Room for man to Glory !

The Man of sin religion or the Freewill religion are all religions that gives space for men to Glory in the flesh for the salvation of the soul. It should always be God who is entitled to the praise and Glory of Salvation, even when one Trusts in Christ after hearing the word of Truth, the Gospel of their Salvation. This is seen in Eph 1:12-13

12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ones Trusting, believing in Christ as a result of having their Salvation made known to them by the Gospel, should be to the Praise of His Glory, not the glory of freewill, or my decision or my choice.

Paul Thanked God when people received the word and believed 1 Thess 2:13

For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

You see, God is to be Thanked for believers because it meant God effectually worked in them !

The man of sin religion, the freewill religion takes credit to themselves for believing the word of Truth, and in doing so, takes credit for their trusting, resulting in their salvation..

Last edited:

beloved57

Even though scripture plainly indicates that salvation is not of the will of man, the freewillers, the man of sin religion, disregards that and insist that their salvation is of their will. Even in light of scriptures like Rom 9:16

16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Now what is it that I mean about this expression freewill ? It means when one has determined or done something to obtain God's Salvation, in my opinion its the religion of Lucifer Isa 14:12-14

12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

I will be Like the Most High. 2 Thess 2:4

In this deadly religion, No more is it God's Sovereign will in Election that decides whom will be saved by the Blood of Christ, but Man's Freewill. This is taking the prerogative From God and putting the crown on our own heads..

Last edited:

beloved57

Dethrones The Sovereignty of God in Salvation !
I believe that the teaching of Freewill dethrones the Sovereignty of God in ones Salvation, making the creatures will the deciding factor in Salvation, I believe that speaks to 2 Thess 2:4

beloved57

Ignores the Work of the Spirit !

Ignores the Work of the Spirit !

The Man of sin, those preaching free-will" without question ignores the Sovereign work of the Holy Spirit, who is God. These preachers proclaim what supposes to be the Atonement of Christ, then end up saying that it will be effective for you if you will believe or exercises your faith or now accept the atonement. This is making the free-will of man the deciding factor in one's salvation and not the Sovereign application work of the Spirit unto all whom the Atonement was made for and which God accepted at the hands of Christ. So the free-will of man preachers and believers ignore the Power of the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost.

griffinsavard

The Man of sin, those preaching free-will" without question ignores the Sovereign work of the Holy Spirit, who is God. These preachers proclaim what supposes to be the Atonement of Christ, then end up saying that it will be effective for you if you will believe or exercises your faith or now accept the atonement. This is making the free-will of man the deciding factor in one's salvation and not the Sovereign application work of the Spirit unto all whom the Atonement was made for and which God accepted at the hands of Christ. So the free-will of man preachers and believers ignore the Power of the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost.

I understand your position but I think you should reason out what you are saying....

Since we are the 'bride of Christ' then just like in the natural world the woman must love the man back. Not because she is forced to, but because she wants to. Essentially what you are teaching is a forced love, something I cant see God doing. Freedom is a foundational principle in love. In my estimation fear can lead men to believe they cannot fall from grace. God wants people to worship him in spirit and in truth, not some robotic forced love. I know the verses you are looking at but this is where the Spirit is very important. Examine what you are saying critically, you are teaching Robotism. :chuckle:

beloved57

The freewill religionists in defiance to the Truth that Salvation is of God, that He alone determines to whom it shall be bestowed upon at His prerogative, the freewillers declare in essence that God has not determined anything regarding the effects of Christ saving death, but that those saving effects are determined by man's freewill, that its the will of man that has the final say ! That man has the power to either accept or refuse of Christ's saving work, and that they do as they please with Him ! That it is the freewill of man that determines if the death of Christ shall be effective in salvation or not ! What horrible blasphemies ! They, even after all Christ hath done to save sinners, that it is still up to the freewill of man to determine all or none,many or few shall be saved !

Jay Walk

I understand your position but I think you should reason out what you are saying....

Since we are the 'bride of Christ' then just like in the natural world the woman must love the man back. Not because she is forced to, but because she wants to. Essentially what you are teaching is a forced love, something I cant see God doing. Freedom is a foundational principle in love. In my estimation fear can lead men to believe they cannot fall from grace. God wants people to worship him in spirit and in truth, not some robotic forced love. I know the verses you are looking at but this is where the Spirit is very important. Examine what you are saying critically, you are teaching Robotism. :chuckle:

Good thing he isn't saying people are forced against their will to love God.:cool:

beloved57

The Antichrist freewill religions exalts the will of the creature into the place of the Creator, making the will of God subject to the will of man the creature, which is Blasphemy, it makes the Eternal Purpose of God subject to man's will as this implies 2 Thess 2:

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Thats right, when we make God's will subject to the will of the creature, we are setting in the temple saying " I am God" I determine my destiny, not God.

This Antichrist spirit makes Salvation [Which is to the Glory of God] dependent upon mans will, it makes men feel good about themselves, to trust in himself and his abilities.

beloved57

The Blasphemy of universal atonement !

The Blasphemy of universal atonement !

Rev 13:1

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Why I believe universal atonement is blasphemy against Christ. If Christ's death is universal, meaning that He died for all without exception, then His death in and of itself, cannot be effectual to any He died for. This lie is actually telling sinners that Christ saves, but at the same time tells them His death alone cannot save you [Which is lie 1 Pet 2:24] ! You see the problem here ? This false notion also means that Christ's death does no more for saved sinners in heaven, than it does for sinners who are eternally damned. What this logically boils down to is that the sinner himself gives the efficacious saving value to the death of Christ ! This teaching is against Christ. This teaching is blasphemy.

beloved57

The Blasphemy of Faith !

The Blasphemy of Faith !

I know thats a odd title, but perhaps the deadliest blasphemy in religion today is that of the perversion of Faith. Most in organized religion today have crowned faith or the act of believing as their saviour. Their faith speaks loud and clear as a witness, that Christ death alone has no power to save a sinner from their lost condition. It is their act of believing or faith that finally appeased God on their behalf and not solely the Blood of Christ ! For this act of believing is setup next to Christ. Faith or the act of believing is their ground of salvation and not the imputed righteousness of Christ which is revealed to Faith. Their Faith and not the blood of Christ makes them right with God, and so this must be seen as a damnable heresy, denying the very Lord who supposedly bought them. 2 Pet 2:1

1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.