Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

But you don't live according to the Spirit. In fact, you don't even know what that verse means.

If you did, you wouldn't be mentioning how you obey at all. You'd recognize that the righteousness of the law is fulfilled IN US....not by us, as you keep insisting.

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​

Jesus' words ARE SPIRIT.

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

Yep, you changed the subject. Couldn't answer, could you?

I answer your questions and do not change the subject. Some people just can't see the answer even after it is clearly given.

Here, let me help you out. I'll post it again. What does it mean that the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us? If you can't answer that, just say so, and it will confirm what I have been saying all along. The verse you gave did not address the verse I gave.

God's Truth

You continue to preach this lie...even though you have been shown many times. Abraham was justified by faith before he was ever circumcised....before there were any dietary laws or special days. You're a liar and you know it.

I don’t lie.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

…..
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Romans 4:9-10 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness. How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

Did you read carefully what James says?
James says that Abraham’s faith was wrought with works and by works faith was made perfect---AND the scripture was FULFILLED by that kind of faith which the scriptures say Abraham believed and it was imputed to him for righteousness.

It is about before CIRCUMCISION. It is NOT about before obedience.

Now you rip this verse to shreds. You truly are a minister of satan.

No, Satan does not teach people to obey. Not even the old law was of Satan. You should be more careful what you say.

Begone you worker of iniquity. May you be cursed for preaching your false gospel.
I am preaching the words of Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

How do you believe that are we made Holy and perfect?

Did you read all those scriptures that I gave you that says we are made holy and perfect?

Are you believing that even though you do not understand?

That would be leaning not on your own understanding; see Proverbs 3:5-6.

Jesus makes us holy by cleaning us, he washes away all our sins. He sanctifies us.

God's Truth

No, I don't believe that, it's clear from the Bible that we can turn away. God will never leave us and we are sealed by the Holy Spirit as long as we remain in his goodness and live by his will, once we turn back and put our lives before God putting our flesh first, then I believe that in doing so, we are walking away from God. And once we do that, we can't expect to keep the blessing of the Holy Spirit.

God won't be mocked.

I agree. It is strange how Calvinists do not believe a saved person could fall away. We are warned for a reason.

God's Truth

For Marhig,

Paul did not see himself as a sinner after Jesus saved him. Paul knew the saved were holy people

Romans 1:7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:

2 Corinthians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God in Corinth, together with all his holy people throughout Achaia:

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To God’s holy people in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 1:18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,

Ephesians 3:18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,

...and many more.

I cannot find scripture where Paul calls us the sinners in Christ.

glorydaz

No, I don't believe that, it's clear from the Bible that we can turn away. God will never leave us and we are sealed by the Holy Spirit as long as we remain in his goodness and live by his will, once we turn back and put our lives before God putting our flesh first, then I believe that in doing so, we are walking away from God. And once we do that, we can't expect to keep the blessing of the Holy Spirit.

God won't be mocked.

Then why are you mocking Him by claiming He could lose those He bought, paid for, and then sealed with His Spirit? Are you claiming God is NOT ABLE to complete what He started in us? You don't think much of God's Power, do you?

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,​

God's Truth

Here, let me help you out. I'll post it again. What does it mean that the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us? If you can't answer that, just say so, and it will confirm what I have been saying all along. The verse you gave did not address the verse I gave.

The righteousness of the law is fulfilled in those who walk after the Spirit.

Jesus' words are Spirit, and obeying those words is how we walk after the Spirit.

marhig

Did you read all those scriptures that I gave you that says we are made holy and perfect?

Are you believing that even though you do not understand?

That would be leaning not on your own understanding; see Proverbs 3:5-6.

Jesus makes us holy by cleaning us, he washes away all our sins. He sanctifies us.
Yes that's right, but we aren't holy, he is through us, it's all Christ through the Holy Spirit.

My flesh is an abomination before the living God. I just don't see myself as holy, I never have done. I'm just a servant, a vessel for God to use, But rather i see Christ in and through me as holy. His life is what God wants to see in us, not our own he wants us to die to self and do his will. Because Jesus is the only one who has lived perfectly before God.

I don't see myself as holy, perfect, elect, or elite, or anything else like that, I'm just an unprofitable servant.

God's Truth

Yes that's right, but we aren't holy, he is through us, it's all Christ through the Holy Spirit.

My flesh is an abomination before the living God. I just don't see myself as holy, I never have done. I'm just a servant, a vessel for God to use, But rather i see Christ in and through me as holy. His life is what God wants to see in us, not our own he wants us to die to self and do his will. Because Jesus is the only one who has lived perfectly before God.

I don't see myself as holy, perfect, elect, or elite, or anything else like that, I'm just an unprofitable servant.

We are to offer our bodies as living sacrifices. If you are not holy, what kind of sacrifice are you?

You do not see yourself as holy, perfect, elect...but that is what the saved are.

Just believe what is plainly written.

It seems there is a false humbleness in some who call themselves Christian, and they show this false humbleness when they protest being called a saint or holy. However what do the scriptures say?

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

John 17:19 John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

marhig

Then why are you mocking Him by claiming He could lose those He bought, paid for, and then sealed with His Spirit? Are you claiming God is NOT ABLE to complete what He started in us? You don't think much of God's Power, do you?

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,​

We have free will GD we can choose to do the will of God or not. There are many verses in the Bible that show that we can turn away from God.

How can you even think that those who live according to the flesh after knowing the truth are still saved?
Have you read Romans 1 lately? These were people who knew God, not people in ignorance. Would you say that they were forever saved?

God's Truth

You are a vile, contemptible perverter of God's holy word. :Clete:

I prove what I say with scripture.
It is not of Satan to preach obedience to Christ. God taught obedience throughout the whole Old Testament, and Jesus taught it while he walked the earth. Paul taught it too, but you don't see it.
Why are you turning to accusations, slander, and violence?

marhig

We are to offer our bodies as living sacrifices. If you are not holy, what kind of sacrifice are you?

You do not see yourself as holy, perfect, elect...but that is what the saved are.

Just believe what is plainly written.

It seems there is a false humbleness in some who call themselves Christian, and they show this false humbleness when they protest being called a saint or holy. However what do the scriptures say?

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

John 17:19 John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,
I just don't see myself as holy GT, and I prefer to stay like that. I know what my flesh is like, and I know that it's only by God's grace through faith that I am being cleansed.

I think that the day I start seeing myself as holy, I might just be going a bit above myself. But that's me, because I know me. I'm so grateful that God even looked at me, and that's enough for me.

God's Truth

I just don't see myself as holy GT, and I prefer to stay like that. I know what my flesh is like, and I know that it's only by God's grace through faith that I am being cleansed.

I think that the day I start seeing myself as holy, I might just be going a bit above myself. But that's me, because I know me. I'm so grateful that God even looked at me, and that's enough for me.

I only go by the scriptures. I believe everything that He says. It doesn't mean that I am not grateful, it means that I am grateful.

marhig

Philippians 1:6 KJV -

Romans 11

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off

glorydaz

I prove what I say with scripture.
It is not of Satan to preach obedience to Christ. God taught obedience throughout the whole Old Testament, and Jesus taught it while he walked the earth. Paul taught it too, but you don't see it.
Why are you turning to accusations, slander, and violence?

You twist the scripture, you lie about what Paul teaches, and according to him, you are to be accursed for your perversion of the Gospel. You are leading the unwary away from the Cross with your vile notions of how God's gift of salvation must be earned.

Keep toiling away to earn God's love and acceptance...your lack of faith will be your doom. :readthis:

glorydaz

Romans 11

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in*his*goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off

Romans chapters 9-11 are addressing the nation of Israel. When you yank verses out of their context, you mock God, and you play right into satan's hands.

God's Truth

You twist the scripture, you lie about what Paul teaches, and according to him, you are to be accursed for your perversion of the Gospel. You are leading the unwary away from the Cross with your vile notions of how God's gift of salvation must be earned.

Keep toiling away to earn God's love and acceptance...your lack of faith will be your doom. :readthis:

God loves those who love Him by obeying:

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me,

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God; and 2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

God loves those who love Him. God doesn't even know you personally if you do not obey.

As for faith, I have much faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.