Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Right....just enjoy walking around over there on that side of the cross. :wave:

What are you doing if you are not obeying?

God does not obey for you.

God is the Helper, the Comforter who pours His love into our hearts that is His Spirit.

That love compels us TO OBEY.

Don't be afraid of the word 'obey'.

marhig

I also agree with, glorydaz, that once we are justified, and the charges against us are dropped, the power that sin had is broken forever.

There is no further condemnation for those in Christ.

The dominating influence that we are under is of Christ, through the Holy Spirit.

Hi EW

You say the power of sin is forever broken, and then we are under a dominating influence that is of Christ through the Holy Spirit

What about those who have been justified but then turn away and stop obeying God? Who don't live according to the will of God, but love their flesh before him and live by the lusts of it, loving this world before God? Is their dominating influence still Christ through the spirit? And how, by turning away from God, are they still be saved?

marhig

Hi Marhig,

We have to use our own efforts, it does not mean though that we are alone.

God works in us to will, to want to obey Him. How does He do that? He does that by living inside us. His love inside us compels us to want to keep obeying Him.

Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Did you catch that? God wants us to use our will.
I've always said that we have free will GT. We can either choose to obey God or not.

God's Truth

Hi EW

You say the power of sin is forever broken, and then we are under a dominating influence that is of Christ through the Holy Spirit

What about those who have been justified but then turn away and stop obeying God? Who don't live according to the will of God, but love their flesh before him and live by the lusts of it, loving this world before God? Is their dominating influence still Christ through the spirit? And how, by turning away from God, are they still be saved?

As you probably already know, EW is a Calvinist and she believes in OSAS.

marhig

The scriptures say that we are made holy and perfect.

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

John 17:19 John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,
I don't see myself as holy GT. But the Spirit within me is Holy, and that's the only thing that makes us Holy in any way.

God's Truth

I don't see myself as holy GT. But the Spirit within me is Holy, and that's the only thing that makes us Holy in any way.

Jesus' blood is not to no affect. He makes us sanctified.

The scripture plainly says he makes us holy.

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

marhig

Before we are saved and want to be saved, we come to Jesus and do what he says to be saved.

After we are saved, we keep obeying and have help and comfort by the Holy Spirit.

Well some people search, but not all. My uncle was an atheist, and he was taking a stroll, he said that he didn't even believe in God in any way. Then he stopped to hear a man preaching, and he said it was like a sword going through him. And that was the end of his life.

I believe that God gives us a chance to know him, and then it's up to us, when we hear the truth we can either listen and obey it, or reject it.

Jesus said that there is no greater gift than we can give, than to lay down our life for our friends.

So we have a choice, can lay our life down, or not. Live by the will of God, or live by the will of our flesh, we have a choice to make from day one. Believe and obey God and live by his will, or don't.

glorydaz

Your liberty is that you do not have to circumcise your males, and you don't have to adhere to a dietary law and observe special days and sacrifice animals.

You continue to preach this lie...even though you have been shown many times. Abraham was justified by faith before he was ever circumcised....before there were any dietary laws or special days. You're a liar and you know it.

Romans 4:9-10 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness. How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

We are under a new law, the law of Christ, the law that requires faith.

Romans 3:27 The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith.

Now you rip this verse to shreds. You truly are a minister of satan.

Here we see a man is justified when he BELIEVES IN JESUS. That's it....

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.​

The "law of faith" is those who BELIEVE IN JESUS are justified. Period...that's it.

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.​

Just as Abraham was justified by faith before there were any ceremonies, or special days, or dietary laws, and before he was circumcised. You're a liar when you claim circumcision etc. have a thing to do with being justified by faith.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Begone you worker of iniquity. May you be cursed for preaching your false gospel.

marhig

Jesus' blood is not to no affect. He makes us sanctified.

The scripture plainly says he makes us holy.

What I mean is I'm just flesh, there is nothing holy about me, the only thing holy in me is the Holy Spirit and the life of Christ within my heart.

It's the life of Christ by the power of the Spirit that's Holy in and through me, not me myself.

marhig

I do pray for each of us here at TOL.

So many trials and sufferings.

Still, we sing with joy as, David, did.

Psalm 18:1-3

EW I do agree with this, but we go through trials for a reason, to try us to see if we have true faith, and see if we remain faithful and true to God. God wouldn't try us if we can't turn away from him. If we come through, then we are strengthened.

We can turn away, but if we remain in his goodness, live by his will, and keep our faith no matter what we go through, then he will never leave us and he will strengthen us by the power of the Holy Spirit.

But once we start putting ourselves before him, and loving ourselves first and turn from him and his blessing, then I don't believe that we remain saved.

Those who are being saved, produce the fruits of the Spirit, if we are showing the works of the flesh in our lives, then we are not being saved and our hearts are far from God.

God's Truth

Well some people search, but not all. My uncle was an atheist, and he was taking a stroll, he said that he didn't even believe in God in any way. Then he stopped to hear a man preaching, and he said it was like a sword going through him. And that was the end of his life.

I believe that God gives us a chance to know him, and then it's up to us, when we hear the truth we can either listen and obey it, or reject it.

Jesus said that there is no greater gift than we can give, than to lay down our life for our friends.

So we have a choice, can lay our life down, or not. Live by the will of God, or live by the will of our flesh, we have a choice to make from day one. Believe and obey God and live by his will, or don't.

Faith comes from hearing, being taught, convinced, and persuaded.

I agree, we hear the truth and we can either listen and obey it, or reject it.

Jesus tells us to seek and we shall find.

Your uncle heard the word of God and still had to do what God says.

Seeking is getting Jesus' words, and finding God is obeying Jesus' words.

Sometimes a person's heart is perfect for hearing and they can be saved faster than someone else might be.

However, believing and repentance is always required.

God's Truth

Yes, EW seems to believe that from her post, but how are those who turn away from God saved?

Calvinists say it is impossible for a person who is saved to turn away.

They say that person was never saved.

They deny all the scriptures where Jesus warns us.

God's Truth

What I mean is I'm just flesh, there is nothing holy about me, the only thing holy in me is the Holy Spirit and the life of Christ within my heart.

It's the life of Christ by the power of the Spirit that's Holy in and through me, not me myself.

I believe exactly what the scriptures say.

The scriptures plainly and clearly say we are made holy and perfect.

marhig

Calvinists say it is impossible for a person who is saved to turn away.

They say that person was never saved.

They deny all the scriptures where Jesus warns us.

No, I don't believe that, it's clear from the Bible that we can turn away. God will never leave us and we are sealed by the Holy Spirit as long as we remain in his goodness and live by his will, once we turn back and put our lives before God putting our flesh first, then I believe that in doing so, we are walking away from God. And once we do that, we can't expect to keep the blessing of the Holy Spirit.

God won't be mocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.