Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagles Wings

Well, then you're gullible. No one can buy or keep salvation by their own obedience, and that's what GT claims.
Talk civilly.

GT and I don't see eye-to-eye on some things, however, we agree that obedience to the law of God has not been done away with as you teach.

The law is no longer offensive to the Christian, nor are we hostile toward it. Romans 8:7

Eagles Wings

We die by repenting of our sins. We die to doing the sins of the world.
I believe in the historic doctrine of Original Sin, and that the bible teaches it. So, I believe man is dead in sin, until being born-again (regenerated) by the Holy Spirit. John 3:3

I think the order is important, GT.

No eyes to see, nor ears to hear until the Father draws the sinner to him.

God's Truth

I believe in the historic doctrine of Original Sin, and that the bible teaches it. So, I believe man is dead in sin, until being born-again (regenerated) by the Holy Spirit. John 3:3

I think the order is important, GT.

No eyes to see, nor ears to hear until the Father draws the sinner to him.

Well, Jesus came first for the lost sheep of Israel, which means they were Jews who already belonged to God by faith, the rest of the Jews were cut off and hardened so that they could not hear Jesus and be saved. If God had to harden them, then it proves Calvinism wrong when Calvinists say God enables some and not others.
Not all are cut off and hardened any more by God, for He bound them all over to disobedience so that He can have mercy on all. All one has to do is hear and believe and obey now. People who are considered dead were the cut off Jews, and to this day the dead are those who reject Christ. It does not mean that all are literally dead, it means they are hardened by sin and some just are not hardened by sin. Some come to God through Jesus to be saved, all on their own.

Last edited:

Eagles Wings

Excellent.
I also agree with, glorydaz, that once we are justified, and the charges against us are dropped, the power that sin had is broken forever.

There is no further condemnation for those in Christ.

The dominating influence that we are under is of Christ, through the Holy Spirit.

glorydaz

Talk civilly.

:blabla::blabla:

GT and I don't see eye-to-eye on some things, however, we agree that obedience to the law of God has not been done away with as you teach.

Oh, no, it's still there for those who need a schoolmaster. Stay right there for all I care.

Galatians 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?​

The law is no longer offensive to the Christian, nor are we hostile toward it. Romans 8:7

I'm not hostile toward the Law...I've been delivered from it. I'm no longer under the law but under grace. Have you come to spy out our liberty? :think:

Romans 8:3-4 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.​

God's Truth

Dead are those who reject Christ.
Dead were the Gentiles who did not do the purification/ceremonial works.
We are all condemned until we are saved.
All are not literally dead so that they cannot hear the gospel and be saved.
Faith is from God, from reading His powerful message, the Bible, the New Testament. It has the powerful message that saves. We do not get faith supernaturally, as many teach, but we get faith in a very human way, from reading the supernatural message!

Eagles Wings

Oh, no, it's still there for those who need a schoolmaster. Stay right there for all I care.

Galatians 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?​

I'm not hostile toward the Law...I've been delivered from it. I'm no longer under the law but under grace. Have you come to spy out our liberty? :think:

Romans 8:3-4 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.​
I'll always need a good teacher.

God's Truth

I also agree with, glorydaz, that once we are justified, and the charges against us are dropped, the power that sin had is broken forever.

There is no further condemnation for those in Christ.

The dominating influence that we are under is of Christ, through the Holy Spirit.

There is no scripture that says we do not have to keep obeying.

There is no condemnation for those WHO LIVE ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT.

Romans 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

glorydaz

Dead are those who reject Christ.
Dead were the Gentiles who did not do the purification/ceremonial works.
We are all condemned until we are saved.
All are not literally dead so that they cannot hear the gospel and be saved.
Faith is from God, from reading His powerful message, the Bible, the New Testament. It has the powerful message that saves. We do not get faith supernaturally, as many teach, but we get faith in a very human way, from reading the supernatural message!

Right....just enjoy walking around over there on that side of the cross. :wave:

God's Truth

Your liberty is that you do not have to circumcise your males, and you don't have to adhere to a dietary law and observe special days and sacrifice animals.

We are under a new law, the law of Christ, the law that requires faith.

Romans 3:27 The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith.

glorydaz

There is no scripture that says we do not have to keep obeying.

There is no condemnation for those WHO LIVE ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT.

Romans 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

But you don't live according to the Spirit. In fact, you don't even know what that verse means.

If you did, you wouldn't be mentioning how you obey at all. You'd recognize that the righteousness of the law is fulfilled IN US....not by us, as you keep insisting.

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​

God's Truth

But you don't live according to the Spirit. In fact, you don't even know what that verse means.

If you did, you wouldn't be mentioning how you obey at all. You'd recognize that the righteousness of the law is fulfilled IN US....not by us, as you keep insisting.

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​

Jesus' words ARE SPIRIT.

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

Status
Not open for further replies.