For Keypurr

Elia

Someone said not to modify the law, i.e. don't take away from it and don't add to it. You have said you take away parts of the law which means you don't keep the Law of God given through Moses.

Jesus talked about hypocrites.

Bs"d

Please show me where I say that I take parts of the law away.

And don't forget that Christianity takes away ALL of the law. They are totally lawless.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

Elia

The literal sacrifice motif was from bad/literal interpretation, the real sacrifice of those figurative/Esoteric animals dealt with Mans behavior in the temple made without hands, and the need to tame them Isaiah 65:25.

The Jewish mind set should realize that the Spirit isn't owned by any one culture, who have borrowed from prior cultures that preceded them, the shadow of Egypt cast its long shadow over much of the Abrahamic religions as does India etc..................No Jew or Gentile exist in the kingdom of light, allegorical props Galatians 4:24-28.

Bs"d

Jews don't borrow from other cultures. Their law comes straight from God.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Elia

Christ or anti- christ? :think:

Did Jesus come through Israel in the flesh or Egypt?

Granted the descendants of those that got off Noah's yacht all knew what had happened, all their religions point to a God man.

Yet, no other foundation can be lain other than Christ Jesus.

Only then can you begin comparing spiritual with spiritual.

Just makin' sure you aint confusin' the first and the last. :)

Bs"d

No god-man is to be found in the Tanach.

God is not a man:

"God is not human, that he should lie" Num 23:19

"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.” 1 Samuel 15:29

"For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you." Hosea 11:9

Worshipping a man as if he is God was done in about every primitive culture.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!.”
Joshua 24:14-15

Elia

All 4 gospels record Jesus being anointed with spikenard.

You are correct that he was not anointed by a Levite, but then, if we are paying attention, the New Testament is fairly adamant that Jesus had no part in the Levitical priesthood, but rather a claim on the Melchizedek priesthood.

The Melchizedek priesthood, then, is the claim of the Jewish king to both enter the holy place and exercise other functions of a priest. In particular the power to intercede with God on behalf of the nation.

Jarrod

Bs"d

The Melchitsedek priesthood was for Gentiles.

The Jews have the priesthood for the descendants of Aharon, nobody else can be a priest.

This is an eternal covenant:

“Then you shall bring Aaron and his sons to the door of the tabernacle of meeting and wash them with water. 13 You shall put the holy garments on Aaron, and anoint him and consecrate him, that he may minister to Me as priest. 14 And you shall bring his sons and clothe them with tunics. 15 You shall anoint them, as you anointed their father, that they may minister to Me as priests; for their anointing shall surely be an everlasting priesthood throughout their generations.”
Ex 40

It doesn't say anywhere: "A priesthood until somebody will claim to be the messiah, he will do some magic tricks, and than this priesthood will be abolished."

No such thing.

An eternal priesthood.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Melchitsedek priesthood was for Gentiles.

Were all the psalms of David for Gentiles?

The LORD has sworn and will not relent, “You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.” (Psalm 110:4 NKJV)

Elia

Were all the psalms of David for Gentiles?

The LORD has sworn and will not relent, “You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.” (Psalm 110:4 NKJV)

Bs"d

Melchitsedek was a priest, long before the Torah was given, long before there was a Temple, long before there were Levites.

So what was that priesthood of Melchitsedek?

What he did was live his life according to Gods commandments, for him the seven Noachidic commandments, and he studied and taught the laws of God.

He wasn't and couldn't be somebody who served in the Temple.

Even so in that respect was King David a priest, he was a Torah scholar, and he taught the law, and lived his life according to Gods commandments, and lived a holy life.

King David didn't and couldn't do the Temple service.

He was not a priest from the line of Aharon.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Melchitsedek was a priest, long before the Torah was given, long before there was a Temple, long before there were Levites.

Yes, it is witnessed that he still lives.

Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. (Hebrews 7:8 NKJV)​

God shut down his physical temple and laid off the Levites. They no longer do temple service at this time.

Zeke

Both.

Now please be so kind as to tell me if you believe Christ came in the flesh or not.

:wazzup:

Yes, Christ the Divine spark in everyone comes through the red sea/womb along with what is called the first born of the flesh, Do I believe in the Jesus of history that is said to be of a virgin birth with out a Earthly Father, not any longer Matt 11:11. You believe in two Mothers so what about two Fathers being needed in the scriptural Metaphor?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yes, Christ the Divine spark in everyone comes through the red sea/womb along with what is called the first born of the flesh, Do I believe in the Jesus of history that is said to be of a virgin birth with out a Earthly Father, not any longer Matt 11:11. You believe in two Mothers so what about two Fathers being needed in the scriptural Metaphor?

Thank you for being honest.

You are deceived and under the anti-christ spirit.

1 John 4:2 NIV

2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

2 John 1:7 NIV

7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Zeke

Thank you for being honest.

You are deceived and under the anti-christ spirit.

1 John 4:2 NIV

2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

2 John 1:7 NIV

7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

I did say that Christ came "in" flesh, It would be misleading for Jesus speaking for our spiritual Father to instruct us to look for the kingdom within, and say it doesn't come with observation Luke 17:20-21 If the magic seed came from outside of us That Seed is already lying dormant/sleep/dead in every man. You say I am Antichrist when it's you're historic Idol of flesh and blood that has bewitched you along with some dead letter scrabbles games for traditional con-sumption, served by Rome around the third Century.

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I did say that Christ came "in" flesh, It would be misleading for Jesus speaking for the our spiritual Father to instruct us to look for the kingdom within, and say it doesn't come with observation Luke 17:20-21 If the magic seed came from outside of us That Seed is already lying dormant/sleep/dead in every man. You say I am Antichrist when it's you're historic Idol of flesh and blood that has bewitched you along with some dead letter scrabbles games for traditional con-sumption, served by Rome around the third Century.

I said Jesus Christ, whom you deny....

Elia

Yes, it is witnessed that he still lives.

Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. (Hebrews 7:8 NKJV)​

Bs"d

Paul is a self-admitted liar. Don't believe anything he says.

God shut down his physical temple and laid off the Levites. They no longer do temple service at this time.

They will be reinstated when the third Temple is build.

Wick Stick

Bs"d

So what was that priesthood of Melchitsedek?

What he did was live his life according to Gods commandments, for him the seven Noachidic commandments, and he studied and taught the laws of God.
And, he also happened to be King of Jerusalem. The Bible makes a point of telling us that. Maybe it's important, eh?

He wasn't and couldn't be somebody who served in the Temple.
Of course not. There was no temple.

Even so in that respect was King David a priest, he was a Torah scholar, and he taught the law, and lived his life according to Gods commandments, and lived a holy life.
And, he also happened to be King of Jerusalem. The Bible makes quite a fuss of telling us that and substantiating the legitimacy of the Davidic monarchy. I'm pretty sure it's important.

King David didn't and couldn't do the Temple service.

Notwithstanding the technicality, David entered the tabernacle on several occasions, ate the shewbread at least once, and acted as the intercessor for Israel when God punished the nation after his census.

He was not a priest from the line of Aharon.
That's kind of the point. David, and Melchizedek before him, act as precedents for priestly service by someone other than a Levite.

Jarrod

Elia

In the meantime no one can keep the Law of Moses so why promote a law that can't be kept?

Bs"d

Because God demands of the Jews that they observe whatever can be observed.
Which is the whole Mosaic law except for those laws which have to do with the Temple.

And the laws concerning the Temple will be observed again when the Temple is rebuild.

Elia

Bs"d

Yes there was. The Tabernacle, the portable Temple was up and running in the days of David.

That's kind of the point. David, and Melchizedek before him, act as precedents for priestly service by someone other than a Levite

No he did not, and he couldn't. He didn't even attempt to do the service of the Levites and the priests in the Tabernacle.