For Keypurr

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Which is the whole Mosaic law except for those laws which have to do with the Temple.

The heart of the Mosaic law was God's sanctuary. You cut the heart out of the law and then claim you observe it.

Without its heart your religion is dead.

Wick Stick

Bs"d
Yes there was. The Tabernacle, the portable Temple was up and running in the days of David.
They are two different things. The tabernacle is what God commanded. The temple is what happens when kings get haughty and think they can do better than God.

Acts 7:
David...found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob. But Solomon built him an house.

Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

"Heaven [is] my throne, and earth [is] my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what [is] the place of my rest? Hath not my hand made all these things?"

And that's why they stoned the first Christian martyr. He told them straight-up that the temple was an illegal abomination according to their own Law, but they had a bit too much vested in the temple to take it to heart.

If you want to uphold the Law, you should be stamping for a tabernacle to be erected; not a temple.

No he did not, and he couldn't. He didn't even attempt to do the service of the Levites and the priests in the Tabernacle.
Read 2 Samuel 24. Not only did David intercede with God on behalf of Israel, but he built an altar and offered sacrifices there. And please, note the location where he offered sacrifices. :) I believe it is highly relevant to your argument.

Jarrod

Elia

The heart of the Mosaic law was God's sanctuary. You cut the heart out of the law and then claim you observe it.

Without its heart your religion is dead.

Bs"d

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!.”
Joshua 24:14-15

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers...

Abraham was born in Chaldea and he rejected his father's gods and crossed the river. Isaac and Jacob did not cross the river.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Would you mind explaining your point here a little more? Thanks....Peace

Abram was an uncircumcised Gentile who was sent by God to another land outside of Chaldea.

And Terah took his son Abram and his grandson Lot, the son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai, his son Abram’s wife, and they went out with them from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to the land of Canaan, and they came to Haran and dwelt there.
(Genesis 11:31 NKJV)​

They dwelt in Haran until the death of Abram's father and then God sent them on to Canaan across the Euphrates river.

RBBI

I know the history, I thought you might be making a point about who crossed the river and who did not, for a reason. Thanks for the reply....Peace

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Abraham was born in Chaldea and he rejected his father's gods and crossed the river. Isaac and Jacob did not cross the river.

Not that this refutes your point.

But they were in his loins wudn't they?

Hey where did Laban live?

We know he served them gods cause Rachel run off with em.