For Keypurr

Elia

Keypurr said:
Y'sua is the Mashiyach of YHWH.

You just don't see it friend.

Bs"d

Why don't you show me some solid proof that he was the messiah.

For solid proof that he was not look here: http://MountZion.notlong.com

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

CherubRam

Bs"d

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Exodus 23:13 commentary
The Jewish reader is advised not to pronounce the names Jesus and Eastre.

"The names of other gods you shall not mention, nor shall your mouth cause it to be heard." Exodus 23:13

As you can see the Jews use the word "mention" in their translation. The correct translation is "invoke" or "call upon." We are allowed to speak of other (elohims or gods,) but we are not allowed to call upon them. Do you understand?

As a reminder, Yahshua said we are to pray to Yahwah our Holy Father, the Holy Spirit.

The word "virgin" was added to scriptures by the Catholics as a interpretation.

Psalm 40 commentary.
N.I.V. foot note for Psalms 40:6 reads: “Hebrew; Septuagint: but a body you have prepared for me. (See also Symmachus and Theodotion)” End of quote. Symmachus the Ebonite was a late 2nd century author of one of the Greek versions of the Old Testament.

Theodotion 200 A.D.
Theodotion was a Jewish scholar, perhaps working in Ephesus, who translated the Hebrew Bible into Greek. Whether he was revising the Septuagint, or was working from Hebrew manuscripts that represented a parallel tradition that has not survived, and is debated. His finished version, which filled some lacunae in the Septuagint version of the Book of Jeremiah and Book of Job, formed one column in Origen's Hexapla. (The Hexapla presented six Hebrew and Greek texts side-by-side: two Greek versions, by Aquila of Sinope and Symmachus, preceding the Septuagint, and Theodotian's version following it, apparently reflecting a contemporary understanding of their historical sequence.

Theodotion's translation was so widely copied in the Early Christian church, that it superseded the Septuagint Book of Daniel. Jerome, in his preface to Daniel records the rejection of the Septuagint version in Christian usage, asserting that its translation was very faulty.

Although Theodotion was Anti-Christ, it may not have occurred to him to change the Hebrew Psalm script from reading: “But a body you have prepared for me.” In Hebrews 10:5 the verse is also repeated. “Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;”…

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit.

Orthodox Jews claim that He (God) would not father a child upon a human woman. So, the idea of Jesus Christ being a human, fathered by the Holy Spirit is not 'impossible', it would just prove God to be a liar. If the lineage goes through Mary, it does not count because tribal lineage only goes through the father, while national lineage only goes through the mother. If it goes through Joseph, it does not count, because Joseph was not his father.

I would like to state that Christians never claimed that God procreated through Mary, but that He created a body in the linage of David. I do not think that that linage ruling was in effect at the time of Christ birth.

2 John 1:7. Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

1 John 2:22. Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son. 23. No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
24. See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. 25. And this is what he promised us—even eternal life.
26. I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27. As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you.

Psalms 40:6. Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but my ears you have pierced;
burnt offerings and sin offerings
you did not require.
7. Then I said, "Here I am, I have come—
it is written about me in the scroll.

If those who are the Anti-Christ deny that the Messiah would come in bodily form, then it is very likely for them to have changed the Hebrew text of Psalms 40:6 to read: “but my ears you have pierced”…

dialm

BANNED
Banned

"The names of other gods you shall not mention, nor shall your mouth cause it to be heard." Exodus 23:13

As you can see the Jews use the word "mention" in their translation. The correct translation is "invoke" or "call upon." We are allowed to speak of other (elohims or gods,) but we are not allowed to call upon them. Do you understand?

As a reminder, Yahshua said we are to pray to Yahwah our Holy Father, the Holy Spirit.

The word "virgin" was added to scriptures by the Catholics as a interpretation.

Psalm 40 commentary.
N.I.V. foot note for Psalms 40:6 reads: “Hebrew; Septuagint: but a body you have prepared for me. (See also Symmachus and Theodotion)” End of quote. Symmachus the Ebonite was a late 2nd century author of one of the Greek versions of the Old Testament.

Theodotion 200 A.D.
Theodotion was a Jewish scholar, perhaps working in Ephesus, who translated the Hebrew Bible into Greek. Whether he was revising the Septuagint, or was working from Hebrew manuscripts that represented a parallel tradition that has not survived, and is debated. His finished version, which filled some lacunae in the Septuagint version of the Book of Jeremiah and Book of Job, formed one column in Origen's Hexapla. (The Hexapla presented six Hebrew and Greek texts side-by-side: two Greek versions, by Aquila of Sinope and Symmachus, preceding the Septuagint, and Theodotian's version following it, apparently reflecting a contemporary understanding of their historical sequence.

Theodotion's translation was so widely copied in the Early Christian church, that it superseded the Septuagint Book of Daniel. Jerome, in his preface to Daniel records the rejection of the Septuagint version in Christian usage, asserting that its translation was very faulty.

Although Theodotion was Anti-Christ, it may not have occurred to him to change the Hebrew Psalm script from reading: “But a body you have prepared for me.” In Hebrews 10:5 the verse is also repeated. “Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;”…

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit.

Orthodox Jews claim that He (God) would not father a child upon a human woman. So, the idea of Jesus Christ being a human, fathered by the Holy Spirit is not 'impossible', it would just prove God to be a liar. If the lineage goes through Mary, it does not count because tribal lineage only goes through the father, while national lineage only goes through the mother. If it goes through Joseph, it does not count, because Joseph was not his father.

I would like to state that Christians never claimed that God procreated through Mary, but that He created a body in the linage of David. I do not think that that linage ruling was in effect at the time of Christ birth.

2 John 1:7. Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

1 John 2:22. Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son. 23. No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
24. See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. 25. And this is what he promised us—even eternal life.
26. I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27. As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you.

Psalms 40:6. Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but my ears you have pierced;
burnt offerings and sin offerings
you did not require.
7. Then I said, "Here I am, I have come—
it is written about me in the scroll.

If those who are the Anti-Christ deny that the Messiah would come in bodily form, then it is very likely for them to have changed the Hebrew text of Psalms 40:6 to read: “but my ears you have pierced”…

The Jews need this. The Gentiles don't desire it and certainly don't need it. Let every man be a liar.

Elia

As you can see the Jews use the word "mention" in their translation.

Bs"d

As you should have seen, the following is written above: " All Biblical quotations are taken from the King James translation, the Authorized Version, unless specified otherwise."

So this is not a Jewish translation, but a Christian translation.

The correct translation is "invoke" or "call upon."

I checked my dictionary, the KJV is right, you are wrong.

Do you understand?

1 John 2:22. Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.

I don't deny the Father, I only deny your messiah. For the simple reason that he was never anointed by a priest, and therefore he was never a messiah. (messiah means "anointed")

On top of that, he didn't fulfil the messianic prophecies, so there is not the slightest reason to think he was the messiah.

23. No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

Somebody who believes in a "God the Father" and a "god the son", has two gods, and is a polytheist and an idol worshipper.

And saying "2 = 1" or "1 + 1 + 1 = 1" is really not going to help.

Elia

Bs'd

The messiah will come in bodily form, but he will not be God, not the son of God, not divine, not born of a virgin, but of the normal union of man and woman. He will be 100% human.

CherubRam

Bs'd

The messiah will come in bodily form, but he will not be God, not the son of God, not divine, not born of a virgin, but of the normal union of man and woman. He will be 100% human.

Your assertion does not agree with scriptures.

CherubRam

Bs"d

As you should have seen, the following is written above: " All Biblical quotations are taken from the King James translation, the Authorized Version, unless specified otherwise."

So this is not a Jewish translation, but a Christian translation.

I checked my dictionary, the KJV is right, you are wrong.

Do you understand?

I don't deny the Father, I only deny your messiah. For the simple reason that he was never anointed by a priest, and therefore he was never a messiah. (messiah means "anointed")

On top of that, he didn't fulfil the messianic prophecies, so there is not the slightest reason to think he was the messiah.

Somebody who believes in a "God the Father" and a "god the son", has two gods, and is a polytheist and an idol worshipper.

And saying "2 = 1" or "1 + 1 + 1 = 1" is really not going to help.

NIV: Invoke
STRONG'S: זָכַר zâkar, zaw-kar'; a primitive root; also as denominative from H2145 properly, to mark (so as to be recognized), i.e. to remember; by implication, to mention; to be male:—× burn (incense), × earnestly, be male, (make) mention (of), be mindful, recount, record(-er), remember, make to be remembered, bring (call, come, keep, put) to (in) remembrance, × still, think on, × well.

keypurr

Bs"d

Until you discard the box of tradition your in, you will never see what God has been telling you folks for many years. Jesus tried to show you what your missing but you would rather confine your thoughts to the traditions of men. YHWH is the only true God but his son is a form of God.

I agree with you that most who call themselves Christians are in the same rut you are in. Tradition is very hard to overcome, but if you truly seek truth you need to open up to what is really written in your old books. The blinders need to be removed before the light can come to you.

keypurr

Mar 12:35 And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?
Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Friend who are the Lords mentioned here?

From some notes I have saved over the years:

Just what does the Old Testament teach us about who and what God is?

Psalms 110:1 is an important O.T. verse that Has God telling us His relationship to His Son.

Psalms 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet."

Psalms 110:1 is a unusual verse. It is referred to in the New Testament 23 times and is thus quoted much more often than any other verse from the Old Testament. It's importance must not be overlooked. It is a psalm that tells us the relationship between God and Jesus.

Psalms 110:1 is a divine utterance although poorly translated if your version leaves out the original word "oracle". It is "the oracle of Yahweh" (the One God of the Hebrew Bible, of Judaism and New Testament Christianity) to David's lord who is the Messiah, spoken of here 1000 years before he came into existence in the womb of the Virgin Mary.

I want to bring attention to the fact that David's lord is not David's Lord. There should be no capital on the word "lord." The Revised Version of the Bible (1881) corrected the misleading error of other translations which put (and still wrongly put) a capitol L on lord in that verse.
He is not Lord God, because the word in the inspired text is not the word for Deity, but the word for human superior- a human lord, not a Lord who is himself God, but a lord who is the supremely exalted, unique agent of the one God.

The Hebrew word for the status of the son of God and Psalms 110:1 is adoni. This word occurs 195 times in the Hebrew Bible and never refers to God. When God is described as "the Lord" (capital L) a different word, Adonai, appears. Thus the Bible makes a careful distinction between God and man. God is the Lord God (Adonai), or when his personal name is used, Yahweh, and Jesus is his unique, sinless, virginally conceived human son (adoni, my lord, Luke 1:43; 2:11). Adonai is found 449 times in the Old Testament and distinguishes the One God from all others. Adonai is not the word describing the son of God, Jesus, in Psalms 110:1. adoni appears 195 times and refers only to a human (or occasionally an angelic) lord, that is, someone who is not God. This should cut through a lot of complicated post Biblical argumentation and create a making which in subtle ways that secures the simple and most basic Biblical truth, that God is a single person and that the Messiah is the second Adam, "the Man Messiah" (1 Tim. 2:5).

Let's have a look at a few Old Testament verses that show us the clear distinction alluded to here. In Genesis 15:2, Abraham prays to God and says, "O LORD, God [Adonai Yahweh], what will you give me, since I am childless?" In another prayer Abraham's servant addresses God: "O LORD, God of my lord Abraham, please grant me success today" (Gen. 24:12). The second word for "my lord" here is adoni which according to any standard Hebrew lexicon means "Lord," "Master," or "owner." Another example is found in David's speech to his men after he had cut off the hem of King Saul's robe and his conscience bothered him: "So he said to his men, far be it from me because of the Lord[here the word is Yahweh, Lord God] that I should do this thing to my lord [adoni]."

The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, page 157. states "The form Adoni ('my lord'), a royal title (Sam. 29:8), is to be carefully distinguished from the divine title Adonai ('Lord') used of Yahweh. Adonai the special plural form [the divine title] distinguishes it from adoni [with short vowel] = 'my lords.'" Hastings Dictionary of the Bible, vol. 3, page 137. States "lord in the Old Testament is used to translate Adonai when applied to the Divine Being. The [Hebrew] word has a suffix [with a special pointing] presumably for the sake of distinction... between divine and human appellative."

If David the Psalmist had expected the Messiah to be the Lord God he would not have used "my lord" (adoni), but the term used exclusively for the one God, Jehovah- Adonai. Unfortunately, though, many English translations which faithfully preserved this distinction elsewhere capitalize the second "lord" only in Psalms 110:1. This gives a misleading impression that the word is a divine title.

Both the Pharisees and Jesus knew that this inspired verse was crucial in the understanding of the identity of the promised Messiah. Jesus quoted it to show the Messiah would be both the son (descendent) of King David and David's "lord" (see Matt. 22:41-46; Mark 12:35-37; Luke 20:41-44). This key verse, then, quoted more than any other in the New Testament, authorizes the title "lord" for Jesus. Failure to understand this distinction has led to the erroneous idea that whenever the New Testament calls Jesus "Lord" it means he is the Lord God of the Old Testament.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This key verse, then, quoted more than any other in the New Testament, authorizes the title "lord" for Jesus. Failure to understand this distinction has led to the erroneous idea that whenever the New Testament calls Jesus "Lord" it means he is the Lord God of the Old Testament.

Did Jacob wrestle with God?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It is a necessity to wrestle with the angel and overcome to become a prince with power with God.

Try Abraham in Gen ch 18.

It is not that men will listen to you if you overcome but that God will, and He engages men in what He will do, and even change some things that they think best.'

Well He does like us to know He listens to us.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Your posting from some notes that someone gave me.

No, Jacob did not wrestle with God, but he did his agent.

So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: “For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” (Genesis 32:30 NKJV)

Zeke

And the same type of hint is used in reference to the Christ being crucified on Calvary/skull which is where the Peniel gland is located, and why the Vatican likes pine cone symbols, they know the Esoteric is the proper way to teach the scripture yet they hide it from their converts so they can keep them mental slaves.

Luke 17:20-21.

RBBI

That's very interesting Zeke. Never put that together before. It's probably a crime against humanity, all the stuff they have hidden, but fortunately for us, there is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed, in season. Peace

Elia

Until you discard the box of tradition your in, you will never see what God has been telling you folks for many years. Jesus tried to show you what your missing but you would rather confine your thoughts to the traditions of men. YHWH is the only true God but his son is a form of God.

I agree with you that most who call themselves Christians are in the same rut you are in. Tradition is very hard to overcome, but if you truly seek truth you need to open up to what is really written in your old books. The blinders need to be removed before the light can come to you.

Bs"d

I totally discarded the box I'm in. I shredded it.

I'm raised as a trinitarian Christian in a Christian family.

Then I saw the light.

First thing to go was the trinity, that's a no-brainer.

Then I realised that the Christian messiah hadn't fulfilled the messianic prophecies, and out he went.

Please take note of the fact that I asked for some proof that your messiah was the messiah, and that nor you, nor anybody else, can give me any.

What else is there to talk about?

Elia

Mar 12:35 And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?
Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Friend who are the Lords mentioned here?

Bs"d

Look here my friend and your eyes will be opened:

Psalm 110:1; "The Lord says to my lord: Sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool."

This Psalm is most likely written by an officer in David's army. It says here; The Lord, (in Hebrew Y-H-W-H) says to my lord, (in the sense of master). This is literally translated: Y-H-W-H says to my master: etc. This applies to David, just like the next verse, "The Lord sends forth from Zion your mighty scepter. Rule in the midst of your foes." This is what King David did, God made his enemies a footstool to him, and he ruled from Zion (Jerusalem). Verse 5 and 6: "The Lord is at your right hand, He will shatter kings on the day of his wrath. He will execute judgment among the nations, filling them with corpses." King David slaughtered many of his enemies, as written in this Psalm, but all these things that were never done by Jesus. Therefore it makes no sense to say that this applies to Jesus and not to king David.

-----Here is the explanation of the great Jewish sage from the Middle Ages, rabbi Moshe ben Nachman, a.k.a. the Ramban:

King David was the composer who wrote the Psalms with the aid of the holy spirit. He composed them for the purpose of having them sung before the altar of God. He himself did not sing them, nor was he permitted to do so, for that function was forbidden to him by law of the Torah. (Deuteronomy 18:6-7) Insted, he gave the Psalms to the Levites, so that they would sing them. This is clearly written in the book of I Chronicles 16:7 Therefore, King David perforce expressed the psalm in the language appropriate for utterance by the Levites. Thus, if King David had said; "The Eternal said to me", the levites repeating these words would be uttering falsehood. Instead, it is proper for the Levite to say in the Temple: "The Eternal saith unto my lord: (that is to King David) Sit thou at My right hand." The purport of the term 'sitting' is to state that the Creator, blessed be He, will protect him during his lifetime and that He will save him and cause him to prevail over his enemies. So it was, for he lifted up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time. This is the right hand of God. It is also written of David: "And Your right hand has holden me up." Psalm 18:36. It is similarly written: "The right hand of the Almighty does valiantly. The right hand of the Eternal is exalted." Psalm 118:15 Regarding Moses our teacher, peace be upon him, it is written: "He caused His glorious arm to go at the right hand of Moses." Isaiah 63:12 And Moses said at the fall of pharaoh: "Thy right hand, O Eternal, dashes the enemy in pieces." Exodus 15:6