ECT "For He must reign until ..."

Cross Reference

Hebrews 2 KJV

8 thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Then, quite obviously, not all things are "summed up" in Him. There are yet things we, of this age, might be a part of for such a completion.

elohiym

Hebrews 2 KJV

8 thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

"For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet."

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places."

"[T]hen comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power."

john w

Hall of Fame
"For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet."

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places."

"[T]hen comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power."

But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Sit.

john w

Hall of Fame
Not yet all things.

It's a process, obviously.

not yet

The Lord Jesus Christ isn't doing any reigning now. He is waiting at God the Father's right hand, like the verses quoted says: UNTIL. Now, once He has accessed His own throne, He will rule.

"But when all things shall have been brought into subjection to him, then the Son also himself shall be placed in subjection to him who put all things in subjection to him".

Thus,now not all things are subjected to him, otherwise the Son would have given up the kingdom....

1 Cor 15:25 KJV doesn't say that He is reigning now. Verse 25 is about after His coming, as verse 23 shows. He will reign after His coming. That is not yet.

Ps 110 is quoted in Heb 10.... "He sat down in perpetuity at the right hand of God, waiting from henceforth until his enemies be set for the footstool of his feet." So, the Lord Jesus Christ is now waiting, UNTIL.

In Heb 2:8 KJV, it doesn't say "has put all in subjection", but "For in the subjecting all things to him", which is an explanatory statement of the subjection he talked about 2:8.. It says how it is to be understood: nothing will be left "unsubjected" to Him. God the Father does the subjecting to Him, while He is waiting at His right side, on God the Father's throne. We do not see it yet-it will be realized in the future,and manifested to all, who will see it, as He appears in glory appear in glory. Then all will see it, even those who have pierced Him.

Hebrews-The only Begotten Son is seated at the right hand of God. We see the Lord Jesus Christ as man, (he was made a little inferior than angels) crowned with glory and honour. But we don't see yet all things subjected to Him.

"not yet"

The "He must reign until all enemies are under His feet," which are 2 different subjects/things, is when the Lord Jesus Christ reigns. Then "the man of war" puts the enemies under His own feet, with the last enemy being death. After which He gives up the kingdom to Gof the Father. This is different, from the period in which we are today, where God the Father is subjecting the things under the feet of His only begotten Son.

elohiym

... all things.

Have some things? Of course. My point.

The Lord Jesus Christ isn't doing any reigning now.

You're mistaken. He is my Lord and certainly reigning in my life.

Consider this:

Matthew 27:52 The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised.

Is that the first resurrection?

john w

Hall of Fame
... all things.

Consider this:

Matthew 27:52 The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised.

Is that the first resurrection?

No, you are mistaken, humanist.

So there-you taught us that "assert....pound the podium....declare victory," technique, while I gave you chapter, and verse, in which to soak that emotional construct of yours, Ellie.

"He is my Lord and certainly reigning in my life."=you can "prove" anythin', Lucy, with that oh so "spiritual" jazz, distortion of the bible's definition, and theme, from Genesis-Revelation, of the Lord Jesus Christ eventual reigning from Jerusalem, with an iron hand.

I told you to take your seat.

fzappa13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzappa13
That would require a figurative reading of all passages concerning this temple and it would appear that many of the occurrences associated with the implementation of this temple would preclude that.
Ezekiel 47:12 12 “By the river on its bank, on one side and on the other, will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither and their fruit will not fail. They will bear every month because their water flows from the sanctuary, and their fruit will be for food and their leaves for healing.”

Does that sound familiar? Is that literal?

Yes, it sounds familiar and I have no reason to believe it is not literal as of yet.

Ezekiel 44:9 Thus says the Lord GOD, "No foreigner uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh, of all the foreigners who are among the sons of Israel, shall enter My sanctuary."

Mandatory circumcision? Can't be future.

Why not?

Regarding the symbolism...

You may be interested in this: "If we enlarge Ezekiel's map till Ezekiel's city is the size of Revelation's New Jerusalem, then Ezekiel's map encircles the globe."

I don't agree with everything in that paper, such as a literal New Jerusalem or a literal temple outside it, but it's interesting nonetheless.

I have to admit that I had/ have a very precious brother in Christ who lent credence to the offerings of Ms. White but honesty demands I admit we parted company on that subject.

Cross Reference

... all things.

If we can see ourselves as being a world of one then His reigning in me is most necessary until the point I am like Him. . . which is the reason for His reigning in me, i.e., until His enemy within me; the vanity in my natural life is conquered. Beyond that, the need will be unnecessary.

Cross Reference

Seeing yourself is something of an art that few of us acquire.

True but, that is why i spoke of the "new birth" as the means. If seeing is a problem and we know it, we have someone to turn and must if we sincere in wanting to know Him. He is faithful to reveal it. What we do with it is the issue.

fzappa13

True but, that is why i spoke of the "new birth" as the means. If seeing is a problem and we know it, we have someone to turn and must if we sincere in wanting to know Him. He is faithful to reveal it. What we do with it is the issue.

Sincerity has to count for something otherwise we are lost in that we can't lay hands on that which we aspire to in THIS flesh.

Cross Reference

Sincerity has to count for something otherwise we are lost in that we can't lay hands on that which we aspire to in THIS flesh.
True. Nor will He give it. In this, however, watchfulness that Satan's deception not enter in, that we might presume on what we do not possess. There is much leadership out there under strong delusion believing for what is not theirs. . . and walking in it to the destruction of weak souls.

fzappa13

True. Nor will He give it. In this, however, watchfulness that Satan's deception not enter in, that we might presume on what we do not possess. There is much leadership out there under strong delusion believing for what is not theirs. . . and walking in it to the destruction of weak souls.

Though I would readily agree that there are no small number of folks offering something for nothing religion I would suggest that God is able and willing to preserve those that are His regardless.

elohiym

Yes, it sounds familiar and I have no reason to believe it is not literal as of yet.

Trees producing fruit every month, watered by a river that flows from the temple. If that is literal, it's supernatural.

When they returned from Babylon they built a temple. They didn't build Ezekiel's temple even though they had the pattern, right? Did they incorporate any of the features of Ezekiel's temple? I'm under the impression they did. Was Ezekiel's temple conditional in any way? Yes, there were conditions for showing and building the pattern. Did the captives meet those conditions? According to Jewish tradition, they didn't.

Romans 2:26 So then, if those who are not circumcised keep the law's requirements, will they not be regarded as though they were circumcised?

I have to admit that I had/ have a very precious brother in Christ who lent credence to the offerings of Ms. White but honesty demands I admit we parted company on that subject.

She's a false prophet, in my studied opinion. However, that has little to do with the paper. Interestingly, you share her beliefs in a literal New Jerusalem and literal temple outside of Jerusalem (Ezekiel's temple) that I reject. My interest in the paper is the idea of Ezekiel's map representing the earth, alluding to the "meek shall inherit the earth."