Fasting from Music

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have done many kinds of fast. Mostly just refraining from all food though. It's so difficult to stick with it. I feel like a failure for only doing 9 days. I have gotten weak from retrying so many times that I am taking a break from it. My most recent attempt was just a few days ago. Before that it was about 3-4 days when I ended that fast.

It bothers me so much I am so bad at this. I keep trying over and over and over and over for a long time now.

Are you trying to lose weight?

SaulToPaul 2

I have done many kinds of fast. Mostly just refraining from all food though. It's so difficult to stick with it. I feel like a failure for only doing 9 days. I have gotten weak from retrying so many times that I am taking a break from it. My most recent attempt was just a few days ago. Before that it was about 3-4 days when I ended that fast.

It bothers me so much I am so bad at this. I keep trying over and over and over and over for a long time now.

Only 9 days?

:jawdrop:

I never go more than 24 hours without eating.

SaulToPaul 2

Sir like anything the more you do it the less difficult it becomes. You can become accustomed to fasting if you do more fasts. Do this, eat once a day at the same time every day for one week. You will probably get headaches if your body is somewhat toxic. For me I don't get headaches even after 5 days because I simply have no withdrawals from anything. Actually I have learned what real hunger is. You can't possibly feel hunger after only one day. It's something you can't quite identify until you've done it a few times. You definitely become more aware of when you are hungry and when you are not

Interesting.

I can fast 24 hours without headaches or lethargy. I don't desire to go any longer than that.

SaulToPaul 2

Haha yes, well you may not eat terrible if that's the case. Some people will have such intense headaches they have to stay in bed. It really is something.

Yes, I will admit that when I first started fasting (4 years ago), I had headaches and/or was lightheaded. But like you said I have become accustomed to it, and I feel even better after a long fast than if I don't fast.

john w

Hall of Fame
I've listened to music pretty much all day, everyday, for years and years. I decided to fast from music this week. :singer::drum::guitar:

The results:

Mind less cluttered/less distracted
Clearer thoughts
More productive
More in tune with myself
Enhanced peacefulness

I plan to continue the fast, for the time being.

How do you live, w/o a little Acapella, during the week, Mayor, or Leonard Blush? You sure you don't have a compelsion complex?

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, I will admit that when I first started fasting (4 years ago), I had headaches and/or was lightheaded. But like you said I have become accustomed to it, and I feel even better after a long fast than if I don't fast.

No more "Mr. Cookie Bars?"

john w

Hall of Fame
I'd rather take Eagle Eye Annie out on Myers Lake in a small rowboat.

I'll take a dinner jacket, smoking jacket, or a green fake "Masters" jacket.

I declare, Mayor. You seem a mite nervous- as nervous as a cat in room full of rocking chairs.

What's your hurry?

musterion

When we going to get some Gomer Pyle USMC references? That Corporal Boyle used to crack me up. Or Hogan's Heroes? I wanted to be Kinch when I grew up.

john w

Hall of Fame
When we going to get some Gomer Pyle USMC references? That Corporal Boyle used to crack me up. Or Hogan's Heroes? I wanted to be Kinch when I grew up.

Here is a pic of me, studying my Catholic jazz(propaganda), as a youngin:

17129broernie.jpg

I was so handsome, the most handsome,of my dad's 4 sons.

Pretty cool goggles, don't you think?