Faith to believe on Christ !

Nanja

Since Faith is a Gift of God from His enabling one to believe by His Grace and Power, therefore Gods word tells us some will trust in Christs Name Rom 15:12

[FONT=&]10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him[Christ] shall the Gentiles trust.

The word trust here cant be done without Faith, its the same word hope here Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.[/FONT]

Yes, First God enables His Elect People by His Grace and Power by giving them Life:

Ezek. 36:26-27

36 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Then comes Faith / Trust / Hope in Christ, that reveals to them their Righteousness that is in Him, and it's revealed to them in the Gospel Eph. 1:13. Only then can their doing please God.

Rom. 8:7-9

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Yes, First God enables His Elect People by His Grace and Power by giving them Life:

Ezek. 36:26-27

36 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Then comes Faith / Trust / Hope in Christ, that reveals to them their Righteousness that is in Him, and it's revealed to them in the Gospel Eph. 1:13. Only then can their doing please God.

Rom. 8:7-9

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Faith is a noun ! And yes , just like a million other things , like our brains , it is a gift of God . But what isn't gifted to us is how we choose to use those gifts .

How long will you be a willing casualty of the fact the verb form of Faith " pisteuo " couldn't be correctly translated into the English language ?

beloved57

Who are them that believe ?

Acts 11:17,21

[FONT=&quot]Forasmuch then as God gave [/FONT]them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

[FONT=&quot]And the hand of the Lord was with [/FONT]them: and a great numberbelieved, and turned unto the Lord.

Acts 15:7

[FONT=&quot]And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto [/FONT]them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Rom 3:22

[FONT=&quot]Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all[/FONT]them that believe: for there is no difference:

Rom 4:11

[FONT=&quot]And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all [/FONT]them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

1 Cor 1:21

[FONT=&quot]For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save [/FONT]them that believe.

Now what religionist dont understand that its those that are described in Acts 13:48 who do believe:

48 [FONT=&quot]And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Its as many as were [By God] ordained to eternal life who shall believe ![/FONT]

beloved57

Another scriptural concept as to who it is that believes, it is Christ Sheep. We gather this by Christs own words as to why some men dont believe Jn 10:26

26 [FONT=&quot]But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

This lends us to understand that if men are of Christs Sheep [Elect] they would believe ![/FONT]

beloved57

Jesus prayer in Jn 17 wasnt for the world in general Jn 17:9 but it was for believers and they which shall become believers Jn 17:20

20 [FONT=&quot]Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Of course that would be #1 Christ's Sheep Jn 10:26 and #2 They which God preordained to eternal life Acts 13:48[/FONT]

Nanja

Its by Gods eternal preordination to eternal life/salvation that one comes to believe in time

Amen to parts 1 and 2 !

Those ordained to eternal life Acts 13:48, it did not occur in time, but in Eternity based upon the accomplishment of the Lamb slain from the foundation on their behalf: All God's Chosen Elect whose names were written in the Lamb's Book of Life Rev. 13:8b. Therefore, in time, they all shall be Born of the Spirit and given Faith to Believe on Him Gal. 5:22 !

Nanja

beloved57

Another scriptural concept as to who it is that believes, it is Christ Sheep. We gather this by Christs own words as to why some men dont believe Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

This lends us to understand that if men are of Christs Sheep [Elect] they would believe !

Jesus prayer in Jn 17 wasnt for the world in general Jn 17:9 but it was for believers and they which shall become believers Jn 17:20

20 [FONT="]Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also [U][B]which shall believe [/B][/U]on me through their word;

[COLOR="#006400"]Of course that would be #1 Christ's Sheep Jn 10:26 and #2 They which God preordained to eternal life Acts 13:48
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Absolutely !

Christ's Sheep shall Believe, because He, as the propitiation for their sins 1 John 2:1-2 [kozmos; jew and gentile] already bare their sins and satisfied [appeased] God's Law and Justice for them.

John 10:11;15-16

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Is. 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Christ ever liveth to make intercession for His Sheep Heb. 7:25 that they shall Believe, because they were preordained to Salvation Acts. 13:48 !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beloved57

Absolutely !

Christ's Sheep shall Believe, because He, as the propitiation for their sins 1 John 2:1-2 [kozmos; jew and gentile] already bare their sins and satisfied [appeased] God's Law and Justice for them.

John 10:11;15-16

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Is. 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Christ ever liveth to make intercession for His Sheep Heb. 7:25 that they shall Believe, because they were preordained to Salvation Acts. 13:48 !

1 John 2:1-2 also states that the Lord died for the sins of the whole world

beloved57

If one becomes a true believer in the True Jesus Christ that died only to save His Sheep Jn 10, His Church Eph 5, or Gods Elect, then we owe it to the preordaining of God of us to eternal life Acts 13:48

And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

We owe it to Gods Grace Acts 18.27

27 [FONT=&quot]And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

We owe it to the Sovereign Sanctifying Work of the Holy Spirit 2 Thess 2:13

13 [FONT=&quot]But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:[/FONT][/FONT]

beloved57

If one becomes a true believer in the True Jesus Christ that died only to save His Sheep Jn 10, His Church Eph 5, or Gods Elect, then we owe it to the predestination of God Eph 1:5

Having predestinated us to the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

This adoption of children/sons by Jesus Christ is manifested in time by Faith in Jesus Christ Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children/sons of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

​​​​​​​We were predestinated to this Faith in Jesus Christ !

Nanja

If one becomes a true believer in the True Jesus Christ that died only to save His Sheep Jn 10, His Church Eph 5, or Gods Elect, then we owe it to the preordaining of God of us to eternal life Acts 13:48

And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

We owe it to Gods Grace Acts 18.27

27 [FONT="]And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped[B] them much which had believed through grace:[/B]

We owe it to the Sovereign Sanctifying Work of the Holy Spirit 2 Thess 2:13

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]13 [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
[/FONT]

Those ordained to Eternal Life Acts 13:48, Christ's Sheep/ His Church/ God's Elect, were separated by the Grace of God the Father and ordained or preappointed to Salvation, because they were Eternally Justified by the Blood of Christ Rom. 5:9-10, and therefore shall be given Faith in time to believe on Christ their Surety Heb. 7:22 as a result of the Spirit's Work of Sanctification 2 Thes. 2:13 [objective then subjective Gal. 5:22].

Nanja

If one becomes a true believer in the True Jesus Christ that died only to save His Sheep Jn 10, His Church Eph 5, or Gods Elect, then we owe it to the predestination of God Eph 1:5

Having predestinated us to the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

This adoption of children/sons by Jesus Christ is manifested in time by Faith in Jesus Christ Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children/sons of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

​​​​​​​We were predestinated to this Faith in Jesus Christ !

God's Elect / Christ's Sheep, were all by nature children of wrath as were the children of the devil Eph. 2:2-3, but the difference is that God Willed, according to His Eternal Purpose in Christ Eph. 3:11, to predestinate the Sheep John 10:11, 15 to be His Sons/Children Eph. 1:4-5; Eternally Blessed of God the Father to inherit the Kingdom prepared for them from the foundation of the world, and to Live Forever with Him Mat. 25:34.

MennoSota

1 John 2:1-2 also states that the Lord died for the sins of the whole world
No it doesn't, at least not universally as you are insisting.
Jesus died so that every chosen one from all different walks of life would be saved. There is no people group that is excluded. Jesus is the propitiation for the sins of all the elect, from every walk of life. God does not choose from just one group of people, but from all groups. This is a point the writers make, time and time again in the epistles.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No it doesn't, at least not universally as you are insisting.
Jesus died so that every chosen one from all different walks of life would be saved. There is no people group that is excluded. Jesus is the propitiation for the sins of all the elect, from every walk of life. God does not choose from just one group of people, but from all groups. This is a point the writers make, time and time again in the epistles.

You are wrong! Christ died for all but not all accept the free gift of eternal life.

MennoSota

You are wrong! Christ died for all but not all accept the free gift of eternal life.
I know you think you are correct. Beloved57 has shown that you teach Jesus blood is ineffective for the people he atoned.
You teach that God has placed a gift box somewhere on a street and people either never see it, they ignore it or they try to destroy it.
I teach that God has chosen each person's name before the foundation of the world. God seeks out that person and then God personally gives each person this gift...even though these person's do not merit such a gift.
I have biblical support for what I teach. You misunderstand a few sentences that have caused you to create a wrong doctrine.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know you think you are correct. Beloved57 has shown that you teach Jesus blood is ineffective for the people he atoned.
You teach that God has placed a gift box somewhere on a street and people either never see it, they ignore it or they try to destroy it.
I teach that God has chosen each person's name before the foundation of the world. God seeks out that person and then God personally gives each person this gift...even though these person's do not merit such a gift.
I have biblical support for what I teach. You misunderstand a few sentences that have caused you to create a wrong doctrine.

There is a difference between what you and B57 teach. However there is no difference between what you and in teach. You merely say it in a different way. I do believe that God knows who He will save and who He will not.

MennoSota

There is a difference between what you and B57 teach. However there is no difference between what you and in teach. You merely say it in a different way. I do believe that God knows who He will save and who He will not.
The Bible says he knew this before the foundation of the world.
Just as God called out Cyrus before he was born, so God called out every person whom He would save.

john w

Hall of Fame

26 [FONT="]But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

This lends us to understand that if men are of Christs Sheep [Elect] they would believe ![/FONT]

As asked, for years: How do you/we, know that you are one of "the Elect?" Unpack it for us.

You won't touch that.

john w

Hall of Fame
The Bible says he knew this before the foundation of the world.
Just as God called out Cyrus before he was born, so God called out every person whom He would save.

How do you/we, know that you are one of "the Elect?" Unpack it for us.