Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

Why all men dont have Faith ?

In addition to the previous 2 reasons as to why all men dont believe, another is because all have not been ordained to eternal life, because as many as are do believe saith the scripture Acts 13:48

48 [FONT=&quot]And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

These would be Christs Sheep whom He gives Eternal Life Jn 10:26-28

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.[/FONT]

_000_

BANNED
Banned
Why all men dont have Faith ?

In addition to the previous 2 reasons as to why all men dont believe, another is because all have not been ordained to eternal life, because as many as are do believe saith the scripture Acts 13:48

48 [FONT="]And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord:[B] and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.[/B]

These would be Christs Sheep whom He gives Eternal Life Jn 10:26-28

[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]27 [/B][/FONT][B]My sheep hear my voice[/B], and I know them, and they follow me:[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.[/FONT]

Were you preordained to eternal life?

beloved57

Man naturally cant believe on or in Christ so Paul writes Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

In similar speech Christ said in John Jn 6:64-65

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Nanja

Man naturally cant believe on or in Christ so Paul writes Phil 1:29

29 [FONT=&]For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

In similar speech Christ said in John Jn 6:64-65

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.[/FONT]

Amen to #694, #699, #701 and #703.

No man has saving faith in or of himself, it is the gift of God and the operation of the Spirit 2 Thes. 2:13, and it's only given to the Elect of God who have been ordained to Eternal Life Acts 13:48, and therefore it's called the faith of God's elect Titus 1:1. All of mankind don't have it, but only Christ's Sheep John 10:26-28.

The unsaved religious ones may have head-knowledge of the scriptures and Christ, but not the faith that leads to salvation Gal. 3:22; 2:16.

beloved57

nanja

No man has saving faith in or of himself, it is the gift of God and the operation of the Spirit

Amen I believe Col 2:12 speaks of that

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Also Eph 1:19-20

19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Nanja

nanja

Amen I believe Col 2:12 speaks of that

12 [FONT=&]Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Also Eph 1:19-20

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,[/FONT]

TY and Amen Brother, it surely does !

beloved57

Must be in Christ to believe !

The reason for this is because we must be in Christ to bear fruit,

Jn 15:4-5

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Thats because Faith is a fruit of the Spirit of Christ Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Nanja

Must be in Christ to believe !

The reason for this is because we must be in Christ to bear fruit,

Jn 15:4-5

[FONT=&]4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Thats because Faith is a fruit of the Spirit of Christ Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

[/FONT]

Amen Brother, before any person has the ability to Believe / have Faith in Christ for Salvation, the prerequisite is that they must first have had an Eternal Union with Him, The Vine Eph. 1:4, before the foundation of the World when He became One with His Branches [His Body, the Church]. So as the result of them abiding in The Vine , in time they shall be given Spiritual Life [New Birth] and begin to produce the Spiritual Fruit of Faith Gal. 5:22 !

beloved57

Faith is a spiritual blessing found in Christ even though worldly men want to attribute it to the flesh.

Eph 1:3-4

[FONT=&quot]3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Faith is found in Christ because its the fruit of is Spirit Gal 5.[/FONT]

Nanja

Faith is a spiritual blessing found in Christ even though worldly men want to attribute it to the flesh.

Eph 1:3-4

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]3 [/B][/FONT]Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, [U][B]who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:[/B][/U][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Faith is found in Christ because its the fruit of is Spirit Gal 5.[/FONT]

Amen ! God's Elect Sons Chosen In Union with Christ Eph. 1:3-5 were Created In Him unto good works which God ordained that they should walk in them Eph. 2:10; which works include the Spiritual Blessing / Gift of Faith Gal. 5:22, or their act of Believing, given them in New Birth, which is done by them, and pleases God Rom. 8:9. And further, as a result of them being God's Sons, they receive the Spirit of His Son !

Gal. 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

beloved57

Men naturally when it comes to spiritually believing on God, or in Christ, dont have that kind of Faith, no in fact naturally all men are locked in unbelief and disobedience. Paul writing to the Romans writes Rom 11:32

32 [FONT=&quot]For God hath concluded them all[jew and gentile] in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

The word concluded here is the word [/FONT]
sygkleiō:

1. to shut up together, enclose
    1. of a shoal of fishes in a net
  2. to shut up on all sides, shut up completely

so to deliver one up to the power of a person or thing that he is completely shut in, as it were, without means of escape:

So man naturally is under the power of unbelief and disobedience, and God put them their. The wise man once wrote Ecc 3:14

[FONT=&quot]I know that, whatsoever
    God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

Now according to Paul in Rom 11:32 who concluded men into unbelief ?[/FONT]

Nanja

Men naturally when it comes to spiritually believing on God, or in Christ, dont have that kind of Faith, no in fact naturally all men are locked in unbelief and disobedience. Paul writing to the Romans writes Rom 11:32

32 [FONT="]For God hath[B] [U]concluded[/U] them al[/B]l[jew and gentile][U][B] in unbelief[/B][/U], that he might have mercy upon all.

The word concluded here is the word [/FONT][/COLOR][I]sygkleiō[/I]:

[LIST=1]
[*][COLOR=#000000]to shut up together, enclose[/COLOR]

[LIST=1]
[*][COLOR=#000000]of a shoal of fishes in a net[/COLOR]
[/LIST]

[*][COLOR=#000000]to shut up on all sides, shut up completely

[COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto]so to deliver one up to the power of a person or thing that he is completely shut in, as it were, without means of escape:

So man naturally is under the power of unbelief and disobedience, and God put them their. The wise man once wrote Ecc 3:14

[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]I know that, whatsoever [/FONT]
God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

Now according to Paul in Rom 11:32 who concluded men into unbelief ?[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/LIST]

God by His Sovereign Power concluded men in unbelief !

beloved57

Its ensured that Gods Elect will be given Faith to believe.

Paul writing to the believers in Thessalonian writes 2 Thess 2:13

13 [FONT=&quot]But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

As a result of having been chosen from the beginning, theres an effectual work of the Spirit unto them unto belief of the Truth, which is also Faith, for Paul even uses the the same greek noun for Faith but here translated belief of the truth ![/FONT]

Nanja

Its ensured that Gods Elect will be given Faith to believe.

Paul writing to the believers in Thessalonian writes 2 Thess 2:13

13 [FONT="]But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

As a result of having been chosen from the beginning, theres an effectual work of the Spirit unto them unto belief of the Truth, which is also Faith, for Paul even uses the the same greek noun for Faith but here translated belief of the truth ![/FONT]

Amen ! Sanctification of the Spirit and Belief of the Truth 2 Thess. 2:13 is the result and effect of being Chosen to Salvation Eph. 1:4-7.

So God's Election of Grace Rom. 11:5 will at some point in their lifetime, experience this Sanctification of the Spirit [New Birth] and be given Faith Gal. 5:22 to Believe the Truth; the Gospel of God's Grace by His Sovereign Election of them before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9, which of course is the Word of Truth Eph. 1:13 !

beloved57

Everyone who has been chosen of God in Christ before the foundation[Eph 1:4] will be in due time recipient of the Spirits sanctifying work so that He sets them apart unto belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13. Thats why Paul calls it also the Faith of Gods Elect that acknowledges the Truth Titus 1:1

[FONT=&quot]Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Acknowledging the Truth and Belief of the Truth are the same, so all of Gods Elect will in Gods time acknowledge the truth.[/FONT]

beloved57

The Chosen of God before the world began and before the elect had being, they had been by the preordination appointed to believe Acts 13:48

48 [FONT=&quot]And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.[/FONT]

beloved57

Peter writing to believers wrote 1 Pet 1:1-2

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Peter calls them Elect unto obedience, or Faith. Again being elect ensures Faith or Obedience.

Last edited:

Nanja

Peter writing to believers wrote 1 Pet 1:1-2

[FONT=&]Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Peter calls them Elect unto obedience, or Faith. Again being elect ensures Faith or Obedience.[/FONT]

Amen, The Obedience of Faith or Gospel Obedience, is only possible
by the Sanctifying work of the Spirit in all God's Elect !

beloved57

Christs own words denotes that the elect or Hs Sheep will be given Faith so that they in Faith come to Him Jn 6:37

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

All that the Father giveth Christ denotes election, His Sheep, and its promised they shall come to Him, denotes Faith in Christ.

Nanja

Christs own words denotes that the elect or Hs Sheep will be given Faith so that they in Faith come to Him Jn 6:37

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

All that the Father giveth Christ denotes election, His Sheep, and its promised they shall come to Him, denotes Faith in Christ.

Amen ! Also, all the Elect of God; Abraham's Spiritual Seed, the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, 29, were Imputed with Christ's Righteousness as the result of His Obedience / Faithfulness on their behalf Rom. 5:8-10, 19.

Rom 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Now this Righteousness of Faith as a free gift to Abraham's Seed, or God's Elect, is revealed to Spirit-Given Faith Gal. 5:22, hence the Righteousness of Faith Rom. 4:13 !