excellent example of MADism:

KingdomRose

Let us look what Steko said:

Why would one hijack the promises that GOD made to Israel and apply them to themselves?

That is a very good question. Please tell me if you apply the following promise which the Lord made to David in regard to Israel to yourself:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"
(2 Sam.7:8,10).​

Surely you do not think that you will be a benefactor of this promise, do you?

That was said before Israel COMPLETELY broke away from Jehovah by not only worshipping pagan idols but actually rejecting the Messiah himself!! Israel was warned that if they didn't start listening and obeying their God, they would be rejected. Did you miss that part of the bargain? Now "Israel" is SPIRITUAL ISRAEL, the Christian congregation (I Peter 2:9,10).

KingdomRose

So you are saying that the promise which i quoted is for you?

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"

Are you not aware that when the LORD in the OT speaks of "His people" the reference is to the physical descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob?

Why in the world would you think that promise will be fulfilled in you? I think that you are totally confused.

Are YOU not aware that the Bible says that it is the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION that now represents the true "sons of Abraham"?

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman....for you are all one person in union with Christ Jesus. Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham's seed, heirs with reference to a promise." (Galatians 3:28,29)

Jerry Shugart

That was said before Israel COMPLETELY broke away from Jehovah by not only worshipping pagan idols but actually rejecting the Messiah himself!! Israel was warned that if they didn't start listening and obeying their God, they would be rejected. Did you miss that part of the bargain? Now "Israel" is SPIRITUAL ISRAEL, the Christian congregation (I Peter 2:9,10).

What is in "bold" has never happened:

There was never a time when the children of Israel were brought back to the land and then they "moved no more."

Therefore, we can know that the fulfillment of this promise remains in the future.

Jerry Shugart

Are YOU not aware that the Bible says that it is the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION that now represents the true "sons of Abraham"?

Are you not aware that in the future all Israel will be saved?:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"
(Jer.31:31-34).​

In this passage we can see that the "fathers" of both the house of Israel and the house of Judah are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Their "fathers" broke the LORD's covenant and it was the physical descendants of Jacob who did that.

So these verses prove that sometime in the FUTURE all of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will be saved. Do you have a place in your eschatology for Jeremiah 31:31-34 to come to pass?

If not, why not!

Last edited:

KingdomRose

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"

In this passage we can see that the "fathers" of both the house of Israel and the house of Judah are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Their "fathers" broke the LORD's covenant and it was the physical descendants of Jacob who did that.

So these verses prove that sometime in the FUTURE all of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will be saved. Do you have a place in your eschatology for Jeremiah 31:31-34 to come to pass?

If not, why not!

All of those things are now connected to the "seed of Abraham" that is the Christian congregation---the Israel of God, Spiritual Israel. Why are you ignoring the scriptures I cite?

Galatians 3:28,29
Galatians 6:14-16
I Peter 2:9,10

Jerry Shugart

All of those things are now connected to the "seed of Abraham" that is the Christian congregation---the Israel of God, Spiritual Israel.

Can you not read? The passage is in regard to the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Besides that, Paul placed the fulfillment of Jeremiah 31:31-34 in the future:

"And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob. For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins" (Ro.11:26).​

None of the verses you quoted changes what Paul said here and they do not change what is said at Jeremiah 31:31-34.

All you are doing is writing your own version of the Bible, a version which is directly contradicted by what the real Bible teaches.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
All of those things are now connected to the "seed of Abraham" that is the Christian congregation---the Israel of God, Spiritual Israel. Why are you ignoring the scriptures I cite?

Galatians 3:28,29
Galatians 6:14-16
I Peter 2:9,10

exactly!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman....for you are all one person in union with Christ Jesus. Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham's seed, heirs with reference to a promise." (Galatians 3:28,29)

That is truth.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

If not, why not!

Paul said the Fathers were the fathers of the Corinthian church too--

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
1Co 10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
1Co 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Co 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
1Co 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

LA

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
That doesn't change the fact that Jeremiah 31:31-34 is speaking about the physical descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.

Galatians 3:29
And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.

The passage that contains the verses you put up shows the nullification of the Old- Christ rejects those who rejected him_

You really just refuted yourself
But
I'll just otherwise be silent about that :plain:

Madism is a sham- it's hard to believe it's 70 million strong to be honest.
I don't get it.