excellent example of MADism:

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Jesus' followers' hope and goal: peaceful new earth.

New earth

Psalm 37:29New King James Version (NKJV)

The righteous shall inherit the land,
And dwell in it forever.

Isaiah 65:17New King James Version (NKJV)

The Glorious New Creation

“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.

2 Peter 3:13New King James Version (NKJV)

13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

John 13:34-35New King James Version (NKJV)

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”


Psalm 72:7New King James Version (NKJV)
In His days the righteous shall flourish,
And abundance of peace,
Until the moon is no more.

Isaiah 2:4New King James Version (NKJV)

He shall judge between the nations,
And rebuke many people;
They shall beat their swords into plowshares,
And their spears into pruning hooks;
Nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
Neither shall they learn war anymore.

Isaiah 32:16-18New King James Version (NKJV)

The Peace of God’s Reign

Then justice will dwell in the wilderness,
And righteousness remain in the fruitful field.

The work of righteousness will be peace,
And the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever.

My people will dwell in a peaceful habitation,
In secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places,

Me:
and this is Steko's reply.
Why would one hijack the promises that GOD made to Israel and apply them to themselves?

And five MADists agree with him:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (March 13th, 2016),heir (April 20th, 2016),Ktoyou (March 13th, 2016),lifeisgood (March 13th, 2016),patrick jane (March 12th, 2016)

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

any objection?

Let us look what Steko said:

Why would one hijack the promises that GOD made to Israel and apply them to themselves?

That is a very good question. Please tell me if you apply the following promise which the Lord made to David in regard to Israel to yourself:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"
(2 Sam.7:8,10).​

Surely you do not think that you will be a benefactor of this promise, do you?

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned

That is a very good question. Please tell me if you apply the following promise which the Lord made to David in regard to Israel to yourself:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"

take a look at the title of my passage, friend.

daqq

Jesus' followers' hope and goal: peaceful new earth.

New earth

Psalm 37:29New King James Version (NKJV)

The righteous shall inherit the land,
And dwell in it forever.

Matthew 5:5
5 Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
a Psa 37:9, 37:11, 37:22, 37:29, 37:34.

And where some translations switch to "land" in the Psalm are still all the same word, (eretz).

Jerry Shugart

take a look at the title of my passage, friend.

That does not answer my question, friend:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That does not answer my question, friend:

Meshak is very prolific in her hatred of MADs, and purposely misrepresenting what MADs say.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Are you asking me personally?

OP prophesy is talking about His followers' hope. It is plural, friend.

And you guys deny that it is for God's people's future.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You guys trying to hinder or take away Jesus' followers' or God's people's hope of their future.

shame on you guys.

Jerry Shugart

Are you asking me personally?

OP prophesy is talking about His followers' hope. It is plural, friend.

And you guys deny that it is for God's people's future.

So you are saying that the promise which i quoted is for you?

Are you not aware that when the LORD in the OT speaks of "His people" the reference is to the physical descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob?

Why in the world would you think that promise will be fulfilled in you? I think that you are totally confused.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So you are saying that the promise which i quoted is for you?

Are you not aware that when the LORD in the OT speaks of "His people" the reference is to the physical descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob?

Why in the world would you think that promise will be fulfilled in you? I think that you are totally confused.

why do you say it is for me?????

Kingdom of God is just for me?