Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There were no dead bodies of believers or anyone else raised in 70. You have no more evidence for that than you do Christ was the Roman army. You are a purveyor of myths and lies.

Matt 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13 prove you wrong.

As do many other passages.

john w

Hall of Fame
Just like the Pharisees of Jesus' day wrongly understood His first coming, Dispensationalists/Futurists/Zionists of today wrongly understand what Scripture means by His second coming.

Spam-you plagiarized that "excuse."

Identify this "everyone," that saw this "un-physical" "Jesus" allegedly return in AD 70, punk, as I, and others, have asked you for over 2 years.

john w

Hall of Fame

Spam-assertions.

Identify this "everyone," that saw this "un-physical" "Jesus" allegedly return in AD 70, punk, as I, and others, have asked you for over 2 years.

john w

Hall of Fame

Tell you what, Craigie. How about a thread, dedicated to:

-This "everyone," that allegedly saw this "un-physical" "Jesus" allegedly return in AD 70, punk, as you assert, as I, and others, have asked you for over 2 years.

-You splainin', Lucy, how the Roman army, was the second coming, in AD 70, and that the Roman army was waiting for the Saviour, to save/deliver them, as you assert, which I, and others, have asked you to explain, for over 2 years.

Agree, wimp? You've wimped out/were a no-show, on 4 previous threads, which I started in your "honor." You asserted, recently, that you would.

Agreed, unemployed devil boy? What's the problem, Craigie? No new material from your "infallible" teachers, such as Gentry, eMar, King, Russell, Hannegraaf....................?

whitestone

Because mysteryboy and others think that just because there is no human account of an event, it didn't happen.

My point is that if a bunch of people came up out of the graves, and walked into a city, it would be pretty big news. Yet, there is no mention of it in secular history. Not Josephus, or anyone else.

but think about it the "resurrected Christ was witnessed by the 12 first then by about 500 then Me" quoting Paul,,,

but the problem still remains that "after" Christ and others were witnessed at the Crucifixion then in the years between the cross and ad70 Paul,Peter,John ect. spoke/wrote letters speaking about the Resurrection as if they thought the 1st Resurrection was future (in aspect to the cross).

So in the scriptures the 1st Resurrection of the dead which takes place at "the return of Christ" cannot be fulfilled at the first coming of Christ(birth to crucifixion) it needs to be explained at his (second) coming. So the scriptures themselves cancel out those who rose at the crucifixion and Christ. That is Christ is not among those who will be raised in the 1st res. ,,he was the firstborn of the dead and the first Resurrection comes at a point afterward.

Now you say it took place in ad70 and that is the issue and is why were asking for proof of its fulfillment in ad70. In Revelation 11:11 KJV the beast that "ASCENDED OUT OF THE BOTTOMLESS PIT" kills them and they are "RAISED" and they witness them and are afraid so it is not an unseen secret thing from their point of view.

So in other words before you can explain in eschatology the beast that "ascended out of the pit" Revelation 11:7 KJV who is that beast,,,when did it receive the wound,when did it ascend out of the pit,when did it slay the two witnesses, and then after this then explain the 1st Resurrection.

thats why I ask you about Babylon/Jerusalem and the beast you said Babylon is Jerusalem and she was destroyed in ad70 but what of the others? The kingdoms in Daniel Rome,Greece,Persia,Babylon in ad70 all were still in the earth and were working functioning governments in ad70 so it can not be said that any of them were wounded to death,put in the pit,then they ascended out of the pit because they were all present and accounted for in ad70. who was in the pit in ad70?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
but think about it the "resurrected Christ was witnessed by the 12 first then by about 500 then Me" quoting Paul,,,

Not the actual resurrection itself.

Christ Jesus was resurrected, and no one knew about it until after it had already happened.

but the problem still remains that "after" Christ and others were witnessed at the Crucifixion then in the years between the cross and ad70 Paul,Peter,John ect. spoke/wrote letters speaking about the Resurrection as if they thought the 1st Resurrection was future (in aspect to the cross).

So in the scriptures the 1st Resurrection of the dead which takes place at "the return of Christ" cannot be fulfilled at the first coming of Christ(birth to crucifixion) it needs to be explained at his (second) coming. So the scriptures themselves cancel out those who rose at the crucifixion and Christ. That is Christ is not among those who will be raised in the 1st res. ,,he was the firstborn of the dead and the first Resurrection comes at a point afterward.

I never said half the stuff you are claiming.

Christ Jesus was the firstfruits. He was resurrected in 30AD.

There may or may not have been a few resurrected right after the cross (Matt 27:52) that went to heaven with Him.

The resurrection of the dead happened in 70AD. Paul made it clear to those who thought they had missed the resurrection, that the Great Revolt had to happen before the resurrection.

The Great Jewish Revolt did in fact happen before the resurrection of 70AD.

Now you say it took place in ad70 and that is the issue and is why were asking for proof of its fulfillment in ad70.

You'll have to read Matt 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 for your proof.

Jesus made it clear that some of the generation of His contemporaries would still be alive when He returned, and when the temple was destroyed.

The resurrection is tied with His coming.

In Revelation 11:11 KJV the beast that "ASCENDED OUT OF THE BOTTOMLESS PIT" kills them and they are "RAISED" and they witness them and are afraid so it is not an unseen secret thing from their point of view.

It says their enemies see them when they go up to heaven.

That's just two people.

So in other words before you can explain in eschatology the beast that "ascended out of the pit" Revelation 11:7 KJV who is that beast,,,when did it receive the wound,when did it ascend out of the pit,when did it slay the two witnesses, and then after this then explain the 1st Resurrection.

What happened to the two witnesses was before the resurrection of 70AD

thats why I ask you about Babylon/Jerusalem and the beast you said Babylon is Jerusalem and she was destroyed in ad70 but what of the others?

Jerusalem was destroyed in 70AD. Jerusalem is called "Babylon" in Revelation.

The four beasts were Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome.

Babylon, Persia, and Greece were no longer ruling over Israel in 70AD, only the Romans were.

After 70AD it didn't matter any more.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The resurrection of the Saints took place in 70AD

The resurrection of Jesus took place in 30AD

If it was invisible, like the resurrection of Christ Jesus, then there were no eyewitnesses.

Do you have any eyewitnesses of the resurrection of Christ Jesus? I'm not talking about the 40 days after the resurrection, I'm talking about the actual resurrection of Jesus itself?

This is rather silly when you think about it. First you state the saints rose in 70AD, then you say no one knew because it was invisible. Please do better?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No. Generation does not mean, in this context, like my father's generation, or my sons generation.

Get yourself a concordance, and look up every time Jesus said "this generation"

It refers to the generation of His contemporaries.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
To all preterists on this thread, since there seems to be more than one.

Who in 70 AD or immediately thereafter claimed that the destruction of Jerusalem was actually the return of Christ predicted in the NT?

Replies containing the words dispensationalism, Darby, Bullinger, desperation or anything else that avoids the question will be taken to mean there was no one.

Actually, it marked time, the falling away of the Jews. Jews set aside.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If no one saw Jesus get resurrected, why would think people saw the Saints get resurrected?

Seeing is not the issue. Christ rose from the dead, and regarding Saints, there is no valid point in stating it happened in 70AD, while there is validity they rose with the Lord.

This becomes the issue, they rose, or some say they wait upon the judgement? The way I understand it all the prophets of old waited on Christ to put away sin, There is no point in stating they had to wait until the falling in 70AD.

Generation meant the way the Priest had twisted the Word of God, not a span of time. And yes, they were living when Jesus was living on earth, yet the meaning is not restricted to time as much as attitude.

john w

Hall of Fame
Dispensationalists/Futurists/Zionists of today wrongly understand what Scripture means by His second coming.

Well, punk, agree to my challenge-a thread-this will give you an opportunity to explain to all of us misguided,meanie dispies/MADists, and those of us who are not dispies, just what the second coming is/was. You can un-pack it for all of us. Oh, yes, you asserted it, below(and lied about it, as usual)..........

"Tet: "The LORD Jesus Christ returned in the form of a Roman Army." "-STP

"Never said that."-Tet.

Lie-

"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD via the Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread

"Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."-stupid Craigie

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Vs.

He lies, again:

"Jesus never physically returned, and never will physically return to planet earth after He ascended to Heaven"-Preterist deceiver Tet.

=satanic, also, as no scripture says that the Lord Jesus Chris would lose His "flesh and bone" glorified, resurrected body, with which He ascended to the third heaven, when He returned-NADA. Satanic Preterism, Craigie being a shill, makes this up.

The lie...according to this Preterist con job, in this "man made" AD 70-ism "belief system," he returned "un physically," but everyone saw Him, and signs are invisible.

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tet.

Ascended up physically, never returned physically in AD 70, just as some disembodied spirit, everyone saw Him, even though he did not return physically in AD 70.

Wait....it was the Roman army.

You wicked deceiver.

Now for over the 160th time, Craigie, identify this "everyone" that allegedly saw this "Jesus" return in 70 AD, this "Jesus" who returned with no "flesh and bone," but merely a "disembodied spirit."
Gives us names, citations. ___________________

Hebrews 9:28 KJV

so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Vs. Preterist Perverter Craigie Tellalie:

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Shazam, Gomer Tellalie! The Roman army was looking for the Saviour, for their salvation/deliverance, and He appeared to them!!!!!! That is the second coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Craigie, since we "wrongly understand what Scripture means by His second coming," and you don't, this will give you the stage, to set us straight, so that we can understand, infallibly, as you assert that you do, since you, unlike us, do not "follow the teachings of fallible men."

Agreed, Craigie, on a thread?

john w

Hall of Fame
This is rather silly when you think about it. First you state the saints rose in 70AD, then you say no one knew because it was invisible. Please do better?

The punk also asserts that this "Jesus" that allegedly returned in AD 70, did not return physically, but "everyone" saw him.

whitestone

Not the actual resurrection itself.

Christ Jesus was resurrected, and no one knew about it until after it had already happened.

I never said half the stuff you are claiming.

Christ Jesus was the firstfruits. He was resurrected in 30AD.

There may or may not have been a few resurrected right after the cross (Matt 27:52) that went to heaven with Him.

The resurrection of the dead happened in 70AD. Paul made it clear to those who thought they had missed the resurrection, that the Great Revolt had to happen before the resurrection.

The Great Jewish Revolt did in fact happen before the resurrection of 70AD.

You'll have to read Matt 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 for your proof.

Jesus made it clear that some of the generation of His contemporaries would still be alive when He returned, and when the temple was destroyed.

The resurrection is tied with His coming.

It says their enemies see them when they go up to heaven.

That's just two people.

What happened to the two witnesses was before the resurrection of 70AD

thats why I ask you about Babylon/Jerusalem and the beast you said Babylon is Jerusalem and she was destroyed in ad70 but what of the others?

Jerusalem was destroyed in 70AD. Jerusalem is called "Babylon" in Revelation.

The four beasts were Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome.

Babylon, Persia, and Greece were no longer ruling over Israel in 70AD, only the Romans were.

After 70AD it didn't matter any more.

sure it matters and why is that no plagues(wrath of God) are poured out on any of those who have the mark of God in their foreheads Revelation 7:3 KJV so any and all who were going to be sealed are sealed before this can take place.

Now if the Jews received the mark of the beast,his name or worshiped the image (prior to ad70) and then the beast that was in the pit then had to ascend out of the pit before ad70. That is the wrath of God is only poured out on those who received the name,had the number or worshiped the image.

Which is the issue that is if the destruction of Jerusalem in ad70 was the thing you say then they did not have the Mark of God in their foreheads they had the mark of the beast. So if they had the mark of the beast then the 7 heads had all came,the 10 horns,the little horn,the 8th and the 2 horned beast "prior to ad70".

So this mark if Jerusalem was worshiping the image of the beast then what was it? And if Rome was on Gods side then they had to have the mark of God in their foreheads in ad70.

If I asserted something into what I took you as saying it was not intentional Ive watched you say things to many others across the years. I'm trying to find some sort of meaning in what you do say as to what all you think was fulfilled by the year ad70. That's why I keep asking you about these certain things being left out of your exegesis.

Do you know what the mark is/was? Do you know who the beast was that ascended out of the pit prior to ad70? Do you know who the two horned beast was? If not and you put your self in our shoes then really if you think about it all your really saying is that you yourself believe in 70aism but if your not sure about these other items your asking us to risk our own salvation on unanswered questions i.e. a hunch,,,

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The punk also asserts that this "Jesus" that allegedly returned in AD 70, did not return physically, but "everyone" saw him.

It seems to me, he does not want to lean any theology. All he wants to do is have other people know what he believes.

If he believes that nonsense then he has his own made-up theology, which is tripe. Most of all, he does not want to lean theology!

SaulToPaul 2

Do you know what the mark is/was? Do you know who the beast was that ascended out of the pit prior to ad70? Do you know who the two horned beast was? If not and you put your self in our shoes then really if you think about it all your really saying is that you yourself believe in 70aism but if your not sure about these other items your asking us to risk our own salvation on unanswered questions i.e. a hunch,,,

Hank has all of that stuff figured out.