ECT Does Jesus speak to you?

Cruciform

And His church is those who have received revelation... like St. Peter did.
Well, it is specifically the apostolic leadership (Magisterium) of Christ's Church which---like St. Peter---receive and deliver Divine Revelation to the faithful, who then accept and follow it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Joh 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
Joh 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Joh 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Joh 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
Joh 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Joh 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Levolor

Nothing, though it should be noted that the example you cited involves a uniquely salvific event which occurred to a subsequent apostle, and should not be taken as the normative manner in which Christ might "speak to" the everyday lay believer. In short, you and I are not apostles.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

So you say. :)

Levolor

Well, it is specifically the apostolic leadership (Magisterium) of Christ's Church which---like St. Peter---receive and deliver Divine Revelation to the faithful, who then accept and follow it.

Yes, I do know the 'party' line. Not that I have a problem with it, for you.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 1:20 - we see in the early Church that successors are immediately chosen for the apostles' offices. Just as the Church replaced Judas, it also replaced Peter with a successor after Peter's death.

What a classic statement.

another Judas.

Levolor

I'll see if I can find it.

While looking, I ran across this:

One day, she asked Him not to let her be deceived by the devil. She says, 'He explained how I could always recognize the difference between His divine voice and that of the tempter who so loves to play the role of imitator and deceiver. The Savior makes Himself heard only in hours of deep recollection, peace and silence. His voice is soft, so soft that in the soul all must be hushed; it is a melodious voice; while that of the devil is noisy, abrupt and discordant and his words are uttered in the midst of agitation and tumult.' -

Blessed Dina Belanger -Mystic & Stigmatic (1897-1929) [Mère Marie Ste-Cecile de Rome] - See more at: http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2...r-mother-ste-cecile.html#sthash.YJ7Qzfvv.dpuf

Will continue to look for the quote I had in mind.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rather revealing isn't it.

One day, she asked Him not to let her be deceived by the devil. She says, 'He explained how I could always recognize the difference between His divine voice and that of the tempter who so loves to play the role of imitator and deceiver. The Savior makes Himself heard only in hours of deep recollection, peace and silence. His voice is soft, so soft that in the soul all must be hushed; it is a melodious voice; while that of the devil is noisy, abrupt and discordant and his words are uttered in the midst of agitation and tumult.' -

LA

oatmeal

If Jesus does not speak to you on a regular basis,then explain how you can have fellowship with Him.

1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Madists might try to explain that, as STP has called me a liar, and being anti- christ for my saying God spoke to me.

Does STP have fellowship with Jesus???

LA

Jesus does not speak to me, I have God's word, scripture, that speaks to me, question is, who is listening?

Cruciform

Pardon me, I don't know what you are intending to say here.
2 Cor. 11:14-15 ~ It is impossible to actually know with any certainty whether or not any inner, subjective "voice" is Jesus, since it could just as easily be a satanic influence. Clearly, nothing about the "voice" itself can guarantee that what we are "hearing" is in any way the Lord.

1 Jn. 4:6 ~ The biblical text here indicates that it is specifically the authoritative teachings of the apostles and bishops which serve as the standard regarding truth and error, and not some subjective inner "voice" or feeling.

1 Tim. 3:15 ~ The testimony of the New Testament writers is that it is Christ's Church---and not subjective "voices" and inner "promptings'---which is "the pillar and support of the truth."​

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Levolor

2 Cor. 11:14-15 ~ It is impossible to actually know with any certainty whether or not any inner, subjective "voice" is Jesus, since it could just as easily be a satanic influence. Clearly, nothing about the "voice" itself can guarantee that what we are "hearing" is in any way the Lord.

1 Jn. 4:6 ~ The biblical text here indicates that it is specifically the authoritative teachings of the apostles and bishops which serve as the standard regarding truth and error, and not some subjective inner "voice" or feeling.

1 Tim. 3:15 ~ The testimony of the New Testament writers is that it is Christ's Church---and not subjective "voices" and inner "promptings'---which is "the pillar and support of the truth."​

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Ah, I see what you were getting at. Well, I'd say that the inspection of the fruit lived would give the answer to the question of: Who is a person listening to? The Holy Spirit or the devil/Satan?

You do have a great resource, and I have partaken of the knowledge held withing it's confines that is available online. Lots of speaking between the lines shows me that The CC does know what it's talking about... though, as I have mentioned before to you: if I had to choose between the two mother churches (MC), my choice would be the Orthodox.

So all those not aligned with either or both MC has to rely on the bible, and if a person were to align themselves with the teachings of the New Testament and the wisdom writings of the O.T they would not go far astray, imho.

Nevertheless, Christ did say that He would build His church upon revelation. I know, I know, you have a different take on that.

I don't think I will be looking for that quote anymore tonight. If and when I run across it, I shall remember to tell you about it. God Bless.