Do you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

Dan Emanuel

Could you provide the scriptures that state that you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

So far, no one on this forum has been able to find those scriptures.
1 Corinthian's 2
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.​
None of the prince's knew what? "The wisdom of God" (1 Corinthians 2:7 KJV).
What is the wisdom of God to the natural man? "The thing's of the Spirit of God" are "foolishness unto him" (1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV).
What else is foolishness to the natural man? "The preaching of the cross" (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV).
So what is the wisdom of God? The preaching of the cross (1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV).

Jesus Christ the Son of God died for our sin's on the cross. God Himself died on the cross for our sin's. This is why they were "pricked in there heart" (Acts 2:37 KJV) when Peter preached to them on Pentecost (Acts 2:36 KJV); they then knew, that they had crucified the Lord of glory (1 Corinthians 2:8 KJV).

DJ

Dan Emanuel

How is that even Trinitarianism? Your own avatar states the opposite when it says, "The Father is not the Son" and according to many passages YHWH is clearly the Father.
Yes, and YHWH is clearly the Son and YHWH is clearly the Holy Spirit (Numbers 6:24-26 KJV; Matthew 28:18-19 KJV).

DJ

genuineoriginal

1 Corinthian's 2
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.​
None of the prince's knew what? "The wisdom of God" (1 Corinthians 2:7 KJV).
What is the wisdom of God to the natural man? "The thing's of the Spirit of God" are "foolishness unto him" (1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV).
What else is foolishness to the natural man? "The preaching of the cross" (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV).
So what is the wisdom of God? The preaching of the cross (1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV).

Jesus Christ the Son of God died for our sin's on the cross.

So, you still cannot find any passage in the Bible that state that you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?
God Himself died on the cross for our sin's. This is why they were "pricked in there heart" (Acts 2:37 KJV) when Peter preached to them on Pentecost (Acts 2:36 KJV); they then knew, that they had crucified the Lord of glory (1 Corinthians 2:8 KJV).

DJ
Could you provide any scripture that states that God Himself died on the cross for our sins?
There are none in the King James Version.

There is this verse, however, which states that it is Christ that died and is risen and is next to God making intercession for us.

Romans 8:34
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.​

If we take this verse at face value, Christ is making intercession with God for us.

Dan Emanuel

So, you still cannot find any passage in the Bible that state that you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?...
Nope.
...Could you provide any scripture that states that God Himself died on the cross for our sins?
There are none in the King James Version...
Nope.
...There is this verse, however, which states that it is Christ that died and is risen and is next to God making intercession for us.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.​

If we take this verse at face value, Christ is making intercession with God for us.
And that doesn't conflict with the Trinity.

DJ

Danoh

So, you still cannot find any passage in the Bible that state that you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

Could you provide any scripture that states that God Himself died on the cross for our sins?
There are none in the King James Version.

There is this verse, however, which states that it is Christ that died and is risen and is next to God making intercession for us.

While earlier in the chapter, the same is said of that other member of the Godhead - verse 26's "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

IMJerusha

One must be a Christian in the complete sense of the title, in order to understand the Trinity set in the Godhead to understand the ultimate intention God has prepared for those who Love Him and have abandoned their lives to His Headship byJesus Christ, through the Holy Spirit.

Please explain how simple belief in Yeshua is not Christianity in the complete sense, Brother. Can we state that a particular understanding of a doctrine other than simple belief is a requirement of Yeshua's for salvation?

genuineoriginal

Nope.
Nope.
Exactly right.
There are no scriptures that say you must believe in the Trinity, nor are there any scriptures that say God Himself died on the cross.

So, there should be no reason for any church to impose a requirement to believe in the Trinty on Christians when it is not found in the Bible.

And that doesn't conflict with the Trinity.

Maybe you are right and Christ making intercession with God on our behalf does not conflict with some of the variations of belief in the Trinity.

But, maybe you are wrong and Christ making intercession with God is in the verse to show us that we are not to try to confuse Christ with God when for all practical purposes God is used as a reference to the Father alone.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I would say that one cannot knowingly deny or reject the Trinity and be considered a "Christian."

The key word in this comment is "knowingly". We cannot know about the Trinity apart from the Church teaching us. This is the Badge of the Church. It is what gives the Church its final and highest rank on Earth.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
John 3:

19. Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Yes.

He had the authority to speak for his Father.

He did not have the power to raise himself from the dead.

Acts 13:30 KJV

30 But God raised him from the dead:

Trinitarians fail to grasp the difference between power and authority.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
How is that even Trinitarianism? Your own avatar states the opposite when it says, "The Father is not the Son" and according to many passages YHWH is clearly the Father.

Anyone attempting to backup the trinity doctrine must of necessity contradict the doctrine itself.

The trinity is an oxymoron.

They should shorely.......:comeout: of it.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes.

He had the authority to speak for his Father.

He did not have the power to raise himself from the dead.

Acts 13:30 KJV

30 But God raised him from the dead:

Trinitarians fail to grasp the difference between power and authority.

And who is Messiah?

John 4:25-26 King James Version (KJV)

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Acts 5:3-4 King James Version (KJV)

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

1 John 5:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
And who is Messiah?

John 4:25-26 King James Version (KJV)

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Acts 5:3-4 King James Version (KJV)

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

1 John 5:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The dude who reigns with me in my house.

Revelation 3:21 KJV

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame , and am set down with my Father in his throne.

1 John 5:5 KJV

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The dude who reigns with me in my house.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame , and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Answer what the scriptures say.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Answer what the scriptures say.

Those scriptures have nothing to do with my post you quoted.

Nor do they answer yer question of who is the messiah.

The scriptures I quoted are the answer to yer question.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those scriptures have nothing to do with my post you quoted.

Nor do they answer yer question of who is the messiah.

The scriptures I quoted are the answer to yer question.

Sure they do. Is not the thrust of the thread do you have to believe Jesus is God? Hello.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think you missed the Son of God part.

He is the Son of God.

Matthew 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Apple7

Could you provide the scriptures that state that you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

So far, no one on this forum has been able to find those scriptures.

Example #1:

Because if you confess the Lord Jesus with your mouth, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10.9)

Who raised Jesus from the dead?

God the Father… Acts 3.26; Eph 1.15-20; Gal 1.1; 1 Thes 1.9-10
• God the Son…John 2.19-22; 10.17-18; Romans 6.4
• God the Spirit…Romans 8.11; 1 Peter 3.18
• The Trinity…Romans 10.9; Peter 1.20-21; Hebrews 13.20-21; 1 Cor 6.14; Col 2.11-12; Acts 2.23-24; 2.32; 3.14-15; 13.30-37

Thus…you will be saved if you believe in The Triune God, as revealed in scripture.

Simple, Biblical truth.