Do you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The doctrine of the Trinity is not in Scripture.

This bigotry is beneath you, Lon. Many Jews received Yeshua HaMashiach during the time that He walked among us and since then.

The word Trinity may not be but the doctrine is. See 1 John 5:7-8

IMJerusha

Thanks for your opinion. As if we were in need of it?

Well, my impression of you seems to tell me that, you're some
kind of cultist.
1) You refuse to state what religion, church, or Denomination you're
affiliated with?
2) You refuse to give a personal Testimony of how you got saved?
3) You won't answer reasonably simple questions about your faith?
(if any)
4) You have a fear of disclosing what, "Other" means?

So, It looks as if you are hiding something that has nothing to do with
Christianity? Such as: You belong to a cult, or some form of unorthodox
belief system that other posters around here wouldn't
accept?

In short, I'll venture to guess that, you don't accept the "Grace Message"
(Paul's Gospel) Nor, do you know how to, "Rightly
Divide" the written word, (The Bible) and you don't believe
that a True Believer, hears the Grace Message, places his faith
in Christ alone, is sealed, indwelt and baptized (not by water)
into the Body of Christ, by the Holy Spirit.

Also, you probably don't believe in "OSAS." Nor, anything about
the final judgment and who will be there?

Am I correct? If you agree with me about how to be saved then,
you should be more than happy to offer your Testimony? Are you?

What's your point, Grosnick, that people must agree with all of the doctrines you agree with or they're not Christian? That's the same stance Constantine took and you know where that led.

Zeke

Yep, people forget that when Paul is accused of being the new "ringleader" of the sect of the Nazar-ESSENES he does not deny it but essentially affirms it, (especially if one knows who exactly Paul really is). Paul warns all of his readers not to walk according to the flesh and yet it seems that most all of those claiming the most loudly to be followers of Paul and "his gospel" do indeed walk according to the flesh in all of their understanding, (and if you try to tell them any differently you must be a "Gnostic heretic"). As soon as one steps back into the realm of the flesh in his or her understanding the person may as well be as dead as the doctrine they are spouting because the grammati of the physical nature kills. :crackup:

Hebrews 12:18-23
18. For you are not come unto a mount that might be touched, [Sinai] and that burned with fire, and unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest:
19. and the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard entreated that no word more should be spoken unto them:
20. for they could not endure that which was enjoined, If even a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned:
21. and so fearful was the appearance, that Moshe said, I exceedingly fear and quake:
22. but you are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the Living Elohim, the heavenly Yerushalaim, and to innumerable hosts of angels:
23. to the general assembly and congregation of firstborn sons having been written-enrolled in the heavens, and to Elohim the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect:

Pure Essene theology, (whether it is Paul or not) . . . :)

Yea the revelation happens within, which is where Saul became Paul and found out that Saul who was great in the flesh could do nothing to comprehend the spirit through flesh, because it is Divine revelations that awakens that new born which is the message of Galatians, the natural minds feeds on the flesh of scripture, so it focuses on earthly observable kingdoms instead of the inward meanings of the scripture hid in allegory and symbols, which is where the inside of the cup gets cleaned kingdom Luke 17:20-21.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is that the image of God? Three distinct personalities?

Wasn't man created in the image of God?

Do you have three distinct personalities?
1 John 5:7 Modern English Version (MEV)

7 There are three who testify in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and the three are one.

StanJ

That is an incorrect statement. The Son is not the Father. The Headship is clearly defined.

and yet it is exactly what Isaiah prophesied.

Is 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

genuineoriginal

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Why should a Christian be forced to believe in a theological concept developed long after Jesus died?

My feeling is that since the faith has become a "belief-based" religion, today's new Christian only has to stand up and profess assent to a list of ancient dogmatic phrases such as "Trinity," "Born of a virgin," "Died for our sins," etc.
To me the real Christians are those who have a personal relationship with Jesus and try to follow his ethical teachings.

This would mean the faith has to become an "action-based" faith it if is to survive.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned