Do you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

oatmeal

Now cite the biblical text which states that "Only terms specifically used in the Bible may be used by believers to articulate their beliefs." Chapter-and-verse, please.

We are to avoid false doctrines.

Is the vocabulary of trinitarians superior to God's vocabulary?

You seem to think so.

rainee

The Word/Logos dwells inside of Christ. Do you deny that Jesus is the temple?

Greetings Achduke,

I just started reading a couple of your posts and agreed with them, but (and there is always a but when someone says something complementary so I toned down the complement for now at least)
But then I found you here in the thread that discusses the most important subject of all, yes? The Lord.

The problem I think you have is trying to divide The Lord Jesus. Iow, if He is the temple he is also the word/logos within, I think, the same way you possess a body but consist of more than a body...yes? Otherwise you would be a taxidermist's stuffed figure... Right? :eek:

John 2:21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

Who dwells in a temple then?

This is not about arrogance. This is about truth and the kingdom of God. I pray we are all brothers and sisters in Christ. May we all see the truth and may God correct us of our errors. If I am wrong may God correct me.

Luke 17:21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is WITHIN you."

John 4:24 "God is SPIRIT, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

Luke 24:39 "Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."

In Luke 24:39 Christ says he is NOT a spirit.

I am so sorry to say I can't understand how you are dealing with this?
Do you see Him as merely human? Or a special prophet? Or What?

genuineoriginal

Christ Himself is Creator God.
The clear teaching in scripture is that Jesus is the Son of God.
Haven't you seen that phrase in the Bible, yet?

You all suppose that Jesus Christ came to teach us how to be like God
No, Jesus the Messiah taught us what true obedience to God is supposed to look like.

Philippians 2:8-9
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:​

Your idea that He came to teach us how to be like God comes from the serpent in the garden, but is not the truth.

Jesus Christ being in the form of God and equal with God humbled Himself and took on Him the form of a servant.....God in the flesh IMPARTING divine life. Not teaching us to be God-like but BIRTHING God IN US by the Holy Ghost.

That seed of Godlife in us will grow of itself, all we need is for it to be planted.

You are of the exact OPPOSITE mind of God, you might like to ponder that. How else would the poor, the weak, the foolish [among who I am most happy to be counted] be saved?
I have read the Bible over and over and the ideas you have do not match the record of the Bible.

The record of the Bible says that if you humble yourself, then God will lift you up.

Your way only the shrivelled few, the wise and strong could be saved.
How strong do you need to be to bend your knee, bow your head, and say, "Lord have mercy upon me, a sinner"?

Oh that God DID come PERSONALLY in the flesh to save us...this is a GLORIOUS doctrine.
And yet, this glorious doctrine you profess is the opposite of what scripture states clearly.

John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.​

CherubRam

Now cite the biblical text which states that "Only terms specifically used in the Bible may be used by believers to articulate their beliefs." Chapter-and-verse, please.
These verses below were written in objection to God being a multiple like the Pagan gods. The Pagans also had trinities that were one and the same god. For example: Alilah, Chemosh, and Nergal are one and the same god. Alilah is the rising sun, Chemosh is the afternoon sun, and Nergal is the setting sun. The "Sun" being one god. One and the same god of more than one person has never been a belief, not until it was added to scriptures by the Catholics.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

Mark 12:29
“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

achduke

Greetings Achduke,

I just started reading a couple of your posts and agreed with them, but (and there is always a but when someone says something complementary so I toned down the complement for now at least)
But then I found you here in the thread that discusses the most important subject of all, yes? The Lord.

The problem I think you have is trying to divide The Lord Jesus. Iow, if He is the temple he is also the word/logos within, I think, the same way you possess a body but consist of more than a body...yes? Otherwise you would be a taxidermist's stuffed figure... Right? :eek:

I am so sorry to say I can't understand how you are dealing with this?
Do you see Him as merely human? Or a special prophet? Or What?

Hi rainee,

He is no mere human. He is the son of God. He is sinless and does not have a human father. God is his father. He is indwelt with the spirit of God and he does what his father says. The Word is in him. He is the living Torah. He is the temple of God. When we see him we see God in him now and forever.

He is also an example of us who are also temples of God. If we have God's Spirit in us then we are sons of God. He is the only begotten Son but we will be sons and children of God also. We are God's Temple for God does not dwell in temples made by hand but instead dwells in living temples (stones). Christ is the cornerstone and the head of the church. He is the firstfruits of the risen.

M

Man.0

Have you not read that God's divine nature is discovered in the things which He has created?

Christ Himself is Creator God.

Now I am gunna don john w's mantle of humility and I am going to teach you. For you guys are all of you in the same error who deny that Jesus Christ is God.

Keypurr
pierwhacko
Oatmeal
meshackles
Glenda
the Whites

etc etc

Your mind is the opposite of God.

You all suppose that Jesus Christ came to teach us how to be like God, ....God's Exemplar dragging fallen humankind up by their bootstraps, He did no such thing....

Jesus Christ being in the form of God and equal with God humbled Himself and took on Him the form of a servant.....God in the flesh IMPARTING divine life. Not teaching us to be God-like but BIRTHING God IN US by the Holy Ghost.

That seed of Godlife in us will grow of itself, all we need is for it to be planted.

You are of the exact OPPOSITE mind of God, you might like to ponder that. How else would the poor, the weak, the foolish [among who I am most happy to be counted] be saved?

Your way only the shrivelled few, the wise and strong could be saved.

Oh that God DID come PERSONALLY in the flesh to save us...this is a GLORIOUS doctrine.

You seem to condemn others for not believing that Jesus Christ is God (and yes, they are wrong for believing that); but from what I'm aware, you yourself believe in the twisted doctrine of the trinity. Is this not so?

Now I am gunna don john w's mantle of humility and I am going to teach you.

How can you teach others, when you have a plank in your own eye?

'How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.' (Luke 6:42)

You're a hypocrite! For you look down upon those who believe that Jesus is not God, yet you believe in something that is just as detestable, damnable, and deplorable - the doctrine of the Trinity.

You said the following in a previous post:

The Holy Spirit is clearly not the Father but He is God, Jesus Christ is neither the Father or yet the Holy Spirit, but we who have received Him know that He is God...call it what you will.

What you have said here indicates that you believe in the trinity. If you do not actually believe in it (although it seems that you do) then I ask for your pardon. But whether you believe in the trinity or not, what I have said still stands. Because how can you accuse others of believing false things when the doctrines you believe aren't perfect... are they? So being that your doctrine and knowledge is not perfect, and you don't have the truth, how can you single out others for not having the truth in what they believe?

CherubRam

These verses below were written in objection to God being a multiple like the Pagan gods. The Pagans also had trinities that were one and the same god. For example: Alilah, Chemosh, and Nergal are one and the same god. Alilah is the rising sun, Chemosh is the afternoon sun, and Nergal is the setting sun. The "Sun" being one god. One and the same god of more than one person has never been a belief, not until it was added to scriptures by the Catholics.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: (The Lord / Yahwah) our God, (the Lord / Yahwah) is one.
Not two or three, but one.

Mark 12:29
“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
Not two or three, but one.

How come Orthodox Judaism never believed or taught that God is a Trinity? If God is a Trinity, how come He does not know it? Where in the bible does He say He is a Trinity? There were Pagan trinities in Abrahams day, so it is not a new concept. The Holy Spirit is a manifestation of Yahwah Himself and not a third person. There are more scriptures that go with these. Selah

Leviticus 24:16
anyone who blasphemes the name of Yahwah must be put to death.

Matthew 12:31
And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

John 4:24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

Genesis 1:2
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Psalm 51:11
Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.

Joshua 24:19
Joshua said to the people, "You are not able to serve Yahwah. He is a holy God; he is a jealous God. He will not forgive your rebellion and your sins.

1 Samuel 6:20
and the men of Beth Shemesh asked, "Who can stand in the presence of Yahwah, this holy God? To whom will the ark go up from here?"

Isaiah 5:16
But Yahwah Almighty will be exalted by his justice, and the holy God will show himself holy by his righteousness.

Psalm 99:3
Let them praise your great and awesome name— He is holy.

Psalm 99:5
Exalt Yahwah our God and worship at his footstool; He is holy.

Psalm 99:9
Exalt Yahwah our God and worship at his holy mountain, for Yahwah our God is holy.

Isaiah 57:15
For this is what the high and lofty One says— he who lives forever, whose (name / title) is holy:

Isaiah 63:10
Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy and he himself fought against them.

Isaiah 63:11
Then his people recalled the days of old, the days of Moses and his people— where is he who brought them through the sea, with the shepherd of his flock? Where is he who set his Holy Spirit among them,

1 Thessalonians 4:8
Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.

Genesis 6:3
Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal ; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

Isaiah 30:1
“Woe to the obstinate children,” declares the LORD, “to those who carry out plans that are not mine, forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit, heaping sin upon sin;

Isaiah 42:1
“Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit (on / upon / in) him, and he will bring justice to the nations.

Isaiah 44:3
For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.

Isaiah 59:21
“As for me, this is my covenant with them,” says (the LORD / Yahwah.) “My Spirit, who is on you, will not depart from you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will always be on your lips, on the lips of your children and on the lips of their descendants—from this time on and forever,” says the LORD.

Ezekiel 36:27
And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

Ezekiel 37:14
I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.’”

Ezekiel 39:29
I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the people of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD.”

Joel 2:28
“And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

Joel 2:29
Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days.

Haggai 2:5
‘This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt. And my Spirit remains among you. Do not fear.’

Zechariah 4:6
So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says (the LORD / Yahwah) Almighty.

Zechariah 6:8
Then he called to me, “Look, those going toward the north country have given my Spirit rest in the land of the north.”

Numbers 11:29
But Moses replied, “Are you jealous for my sake? I wish that all the LORD’s people were prophets and that the LORD would put His Spirit on them!”

Job 34:14
If it were his intention and he withdrew His spirit and breath,

Isaiah 34:16
Look in the scroll of the LORD and read: None of these will be missing, not one will lack her mate. For it is his mouth that has given the order, and His Spirit will gather them together.

Isaiah 48:16
“Come near me and listen to this: “From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret; at the time it happens, I am there.” And now the Sovereign LORD has sent me, endowed with His Spirit.

Zechariah 7:12
They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that (the LORD / Yahwah) Almighty had sent by His Spirit through the earlier prophets. So the LORD Almighty was very angry.

Romans 8:11
And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of His Spirit who lives in you.

1 Corinthians 2:10
these are the things God has revealed to us by His Spirit. The spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

2 Corinthians 1:22
set his seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Galatians 3:5
So again I ask, does God give you His Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

Ephesians 2:22
And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit.

Ephesians 3:16
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being,

Philippians 3:3
For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by His Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh—

1 John 4:13
This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of His Spirit.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Hmmm, I was trying to find the humility in what you have posted but cannot seem to find it. Is this truly your idea of humility or were you kidding? In addition your own words appear to be the very opposite of the mind of Messiah. And who exactly are "the Whites" in your accusation list? Is there a poster here by that name? I dunno, perhaps maybe I do not even really want to know the answer to that one. However, concerning the mind of Messiah, he worshiped and honored the Father in all things whatsoever he did and said while he walked among men in the body of the flesh. It therefore seems to me that it is you who does not have the mind of Messiah because you worship him while he never worshiped himself. How can you have the mind of Messiah when with all of his heart, and with all of his soul, and with all of his mind, and with all of his strength, he worshiped, served, and honored only the Father? It does not appear that you have truly thought out what it means to have the mind of Messiah. The mind of Messiah does not worship himself but rather the Father and only the Father. Perhaps somehow you ended up with the mind of "john w" instead? :)

:sheep:

Is He the Son? then hear His words

"...that all men should honour the Son even as they honour the Father

He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent Him...."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Daqq is an, "Other" more than likely NOT a "Child of God!" He's
most likely a "cultist," of some sort. He won't divulge what, "Other"
means.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You seem to condemn others for not believing that Jesus Christ is God (and yes, they are wrong for believing that); but from what I'm aware, you yourself believe in the twisted doctrine of the trinity. Is this not so?

How can you teach others, when you have a plank in your own eye?

'How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.' (Luke 6:42)

You're a hypocrite! For you look down upon those who believe that Jesus is not God, yet you believe in something that is just as detestable, damnable, and deplorable - the doctrine of the Trinity.

You said the following in a previous post:

What you have said here indicates that you believe in the trinity. If you do not actually believe in it (although it seems that you do) then I ask for your pardon. But whether you believe in the trinity or not, what I have said still stands. Because how can you accuse others of believing false things when the doctrines you believe aren't perfect... are they? So being that your doctrine and knowledge is not perfect, and you don't have the truth, how can you single out others for not having the truth in what they believe?

because they have doctrines and some of them are quite open about the source of their doctrines.

I have Christ, nobody who truly has Christ would not know that He is God, nobody who has the Spirit would call the Holy Spirit "it" or talk about using "it"

We judge all things by the testimony of their own mouths....we are not encouraged to accept folk who have received a different gospel, a different Christ.

I don't condemn any for not believing Christ is very God....I do attack their teaching.....

The difference between a merely human Christ and Christ who is God is as day is to night or east is to west so I do not accept them as brothers.

Lon

How come Orthodox Judaism never believed or taught that God is a Trinity? If God is a Trinity, how come He does not know it? Where in the bible does He say He is a Trinity? There were Pagan trinities in Abrahams day, so it is not a new concept. The Holy Spirit is a manifestation of Yahwah Himself and not a third person. There are more scriptures that go with these. Selah
There are a number of passages in their scriptures so they have little excuse. They missed Messiah too.

Leviticus 24:16
anyone who blasphemes the name of Yahwah must be put to death.

Matthew 12:31
And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

John 4:24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

Genesis 1:2
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Psalm 51:11
Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.

Joshua 24:19
Joshua said to the people, "You are not able to serve Yahwah. He is a holy God; he is a jealous God. He will not forgive your rebellion and your sins.

1 Samuel 6:20
and the men of Beth Shemesh asked, "Who can stand in the presence of Yahwah, this holy God? To whom will the ark go up from here?"

Isaiah 5:16
But Yahwah Almighty will be exalted by his justice, and the holy God will show himself holy by his righteousness.

Psalm 99:3
Let them praise your great and awesome name— He is holy.

Psalm 99:5
Exalt Yahwah our God and worship at his footstool; He is holy.

Psalm 99:9
Exalt Yahwah our God and worship at his holy mountain, for Yahwah our God is holy.

Isaiah 57:15
For this is what the high and lofty One says— he who lives forever, whose (name / title) is holy:

Isaiah 63:10
Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy and he himself fought against them.

Isaiah 63:11
Then his people recalled the days of old, the days of Moses and his people— where is he who brought them through the sea, with the shepherd of his flock? Where is he who set his Holy Spirit among them,

1 Thessalonians 4:8
Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.

Genesis 6:3
Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal ; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

Isaiah 30:1
“Woe to the obstinate children,” declares the LORD, “to those who carry out plans that are not mine, forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit, heaping sin upon sin;

Isaiah 42:1
“Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit (on / upon / in) him, and he will bring justice to the nations.

Isaiah 44:3
For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.

Isaiah 59:21
“As for me, this is my covenant with them,” says (the LORD / Yahwah.) “My Spirit, who is on you, will not depart from you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will always be on your lips, on the lips of your children and on the lips of their descendants—from this time on and forever,” says the LORD.

Ezekiel 36:27
And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

Ezekiel 37:14
I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.’”

Ezekiel 39:29
I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the people of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD.”

Joel 2:28
“And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

Joel 2:29
Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days.

Haggai 2:5
‘This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt. And my Spirit remains among you. Do not fear.’

Zechariah 4:6
So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says (the LORD / Yahwah) Almighty.

Zechariah 6:8
Then he called to me, “Look, those going toward the north country have given my Spirit rest in the land of the north.”

Numbers 11:29
But Moses replied, “Are you jealous for my sake? I wish that all the LORD’s people were prophets and that the LORD would put His Spirit on them!”

Job 34:14
If it were his intention and he withdrew His spirit and breath,

Isaiah 34:16
Look in the scroll of the LORD and read: None of these will be missing, not one will lack her mate. For it is his mouth that has given the order, and His Spirit will gather them together.

Isaiah 48:16
“Come near me and listen to this: “From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret; at the time it happens, I am there.” And now the Sovereign LORD has sent me, endowed with His Spirit.

Zechariah 7:12
They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that (the LORD / Yahwah) Almighty had sent by His Spirit through the earlier prophets. So the LORD Almighty was very angry.

Romans 8:11
And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of His Spirit who lives in you.

1 Corinthians 2:10
these are the things God has revealed to us by His Spirit. The spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

2 Corinthians 1:22
set his seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Galatians 3:5
So again I ask, does God give you His Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

Ephesians 2:22
And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit.

Ephesians 3:16
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being,

Philippians 3:3
For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by His Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh—

1 John 4:13
This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of His Spirit.
You probably won't get this, but your verses support a Trinitarian view.

glorydaz

because they have doctrines and some of them are quite open about the source of their doctrines.

I have Christ, nobody who truly has Christ would not know that He is God, nobody who has the Spirit would call the Holy Spirit "it" or talk about using "it"

We judge all things by the testimony of their own mouths....we are not encouraged to accept folk who have received a different gospel, a different Christ.

I don't condemn any for not believing Christ is very God....I do attack their teaching.....

The difference between a merely human Christ and Christ who is God is as day is to night or east is to west so I do not accept them as brothers.

:thumb:

j4jesus09

No. Believing that Jesus died and that God raised him from the dead is salvation. Then following Jesus Christ makes you a christian.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
genuineoriginal @703

I will bet a pound to a penny that you have not always believed as you do now...I hope you won't "fib"

The word BEGET is a very precise word it means to beget from one's self...that which is begotten is the same as that which begot.

Son of God is synonymous with God.

genuineoriginal

nobody who has the Spirit would call the Holy Spirit "it" or talk about using "it"
In the original Hebrew and Aramaic, the Holy Spirit was referred to as a female, but in the original Greek, the Holy Spirit had no gender.

It was only with the translation of the Bible into Latin that the Holy Spirit began to be called a male.
_____
Gender of the Holy Spirit
If by "gender" is meant grammatical gender, the gender of "Holy Spirit" varies according to the language used. Thus the grammatical gender of the word "spirit" is masculine in Latin ("spiritus") and in Latin-derived languages, as also, for instance, in the German language ("Geist"), while in the Semitic languages such as Hebrew ("רוח"), Aramaic and its descendant Syriac, it is feminine, and in Greek it is neuter ("πνεῦμα"). If speakers of a particular language were to confuse grammatical gender with physical gender, they might then think of the Holy Spirit as male, female or of neither sex, but such confusion does not of course affect the reality of the gender or lack of gender of the Spirit.
_____​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In the original Hebrew and Aramaic, the Holy Spirit was referred to as a female, but in the original Greek, the Holy Spirit had no gender.

It was only with the translation of the Bible into Latin that the Holy Spirit began to be called a male.
_____
Gender of the Holy Spirit
If by "gender" is meant grammatical gender, the gender of "Holy Spirit" varies according to the language used. Thus the grammatical gender of the word "spirit" is masculine in Latin ("spiritus") and in Latin-derived languages, as also, for instance, in the German language ("Geist"), while in the Semitic languages such as Hebrew ("רוח"), Aramaic and its descendant Syriac, it is feminine, and in Greek it is neuter ("πνεῦμα"). If speakers of a particular language were to confuse grammatical gender with physical gender, they might then think of the Holy Spirit as male, female or of neither sex, but such confusion does not of course affect the reality of the gender or lack of gender of the Spirit.
_____​

Thanks for your opinion. As if we were in need of it?

genuineoriginal

genuineoriginal @703

I will bet a pound to a penny that you have not always believed as you do now
Some Christians will tell you that gambling is a sin.

But, to answer your "question":

There was a time when all I knew about Jesus was what I was taught in Church.
Since that time I have both met Him and studied the Bible to see what it says about Him.
Since then, I take what churches say about Jesus with a lot of skepticism, since they often teach the opposite of what the Bible clearly states.

As Paul said:

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.​

The word BEGET is a very precise word
_____
Beget
1. To procreate, as a father or sire; to generate; as, to beget a son.
2. To produce, as an effect; to cause to exist; to generate; as, luxury begets vice.
_____​

it means to beget from one's self...that which is begotten is the same as that which begot.
Not true.
Luxury is not vice, even though luxury begets vice.

Son of God is synonymous with God.
The word "Son of" has a very precise meaning.
_____
Son
9. son of pride, sons of light, son of Belial. These are Hebraisms, which denote that persons possess the qualities of pride, of light, or of Belial, as children inherit the qualities of their ancestors.
_____​

daqq

Daqq is an, "Other" more than likely NOT a "Child of God!" He's
most likely a "cultist," of some sort. He won't divulge what, "Other"
means.

Already explained to you that I answered that question and suggested you search my posts to find it if you really wanted to know. Now here you are in the very thread where I answered showing both your incompetence and the true motive which lurks in the darkness of your heart. :)

Honor is not worship. Kings were also bowed to, paid respect, given homage, and honored, and that is the same Greek word proskuneo. Kings were also called "Mashiah YHWH", ("Messiah of YHWH") and kings were also anointed as were priests, and kings were also called "Son of God", as was the High Priest, as representatives of the authority of God upon the earth. We also bow to the Father in the name of the Son. You have twisted the meaning of honor to mean absolute worship as Almighty God. In addition you do not honor the Testimony of Yeshua because you worship him as Almighty God while he worships the Father as Almighty God whom he said was greater than himself. You therefore dishonor the Testimony of Yeshua. He is not ashamed to call those willing to become sanctified his brethren. You therefore worship a person you call Father, a person you call the Holy Spirit, and person you call the Son who was not ashamed to call us brethren. You therefore worship your own brother and by default will surely come to see yourself also as God because you claim to have God your brother dwelling in you: and if your Father, and your Holy Spirit, and your brother are all God Almighty, then so too will you eventually come to think similarly of yourself in the recesses of your heart and mind, in self righteous pride, whether you actually realize it or not. You reject the Testimony of Yeshua, whom you claim is Almighty God, and therefore show that you truly do not even worship him because if you did you would hear and believe his Testimony and carry it out in your doctrine, yourself, and your own walk. You worship the leader of the worship service, who stands in the midst of the great congregation, while he himself leads the true congregation in worship to the Father in Spirit and in Truth.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Already explained to you that I answered that question and suggested you search my posts to find it if you really wanted to know. Now here you are in the very thread where I answered showing both your incompetence and the true motive which lurks in the darkness of your heart. :)

Honor is not worship. Kings were also bowed to, paid respect, given homage, and honored, and that is the same Greek word proskuneo. Kings were also called "Mashiah YHWH", ("Messiah of YHWH") and kings were also anointed as were priests, and kings were also called "Son of God", as was the High Priest, as representatives of the authority of God upon the earth. We also bow to the Father in the name of the Son. You have twisted the meaning of honor to mean absolute worship as Almighty God. In addition you do not honor the Testimony of Yeshua because you worship him as Almighty God while he worships the Father as Almighty God whom he said was greater than himself. You therefore dishonor the Testimony of Yeshua. He is not ashamed to call those willing to become sanctified his brethren. You therefore worship a person you call Father, a person you call the Holy Spirit, and person you call the Son who was not ashamed to call us brethren. You therefore worship your own brother and by default will surely come to see yourself also as God because you claim to have God your brother dwelling in you: and if your Father, and your Holy Spirit, and your brother are all God Almighty, then so too will you eventually come to think similarly of yourself in the recesses of your heart and mind, in self righteous pride, whether you actually realize it or not. You reject the Testimony of Yeshua, whom you claim is Almighty God, and therefore show that you truly do not even worship him because if you did you would hear and believe his Testimony and carry it out in your doctrine, yourself, and your own walk. You worship the leader of the worship service, who stands in the midst of the great congregation, while he himself leads the true congregation in worship to the Father in Spirit and in Truth.

How did you become a member of the Body of Christ?