Do You Believe and Understand the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ?

beloved57

Yes, you are going to perish in your sins, because you have not received Christ as your savior, John 1:12.

You need to quit telling people that it's Christ death alone that saved sinners, when you teach that sinners Christ lived and died for wind up lost in their sins anyways!

Robert Pate

Banned
You need to quit telling people that it's Christ death alone that saved sinners, when you teach that sinners Christ lived and died for wind up lost in their sins anyways!

It is not enough to believe that Christ died for sins.

You must believe that Christ died for YOUR sins. If you do not receive what Christ has done for you, you will never see heaven, John 1:12.

beloved57

It is not enough to believe that Christ died for sins.

You must believe that Christ died for YOUR sins. If you do not receive what Christ has done for you, you will never see heaven, John 1:12.

You teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways, hence denying that Christ is the Saviour from sin !

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways, hence denying that Christ is the Saviour from sin !

The only ones that will be saved are those that have received Christ as their savior, John 1:12.

All others will perish in their sins.

Samie

The Gospel of Christ is the Gospel that Jesus revealed to Paul in Galatians 1:11,12. It is the same Gospel that Peter preached on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:14-47. Paul's Gospel was more indepth than what Peter preached. It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.
It appears NOT a single one of the verses you used above tells us what Jesus said when he preached the gospel. And since Paul EXPLICITLY said he preached the gospel of Christ, then he must have preached the same gospel that Jesus Himself preached, maybe not the same EXACT words, but the same message for sure.

Now, can you cite even one single verse that EXPLICITLY tells us what Jesus said when He preached the gospel? Can you recall such a verse?

Robert Pate

Banned
It appears NOT a single one of the verses you used above tells us what Jesus said when he preached the gospel. And since Paul EXPLICITLY said he preached the gospel of Christ, then he must have preached the same gospel that Jesus Himself preached, maybe not the same EXACT words, but the same message for sure.

Now, can you cite even one single verse that EXPLICITLY tells us what Jesus said when He preached the gospel? Can you recall such a verse?

No, because Jesus did not preach the Gospel that Paul or Peter preached.

Nanja

False statement!

Amen! There is only one Gospel:

The Gospel of God's Electing Grace from before the foundation of the world:

2 Tim. 1:9-10
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel

Eph. 1:4-7
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

John 17:2
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

John 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Deut. 7:6-7
For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people

Rom. 11:5
Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
~~~

Samie

No, because Jesus did not preach the Gospel that Paul or Peter preached.
If Paul preached the gospel of Christ as he said he did, then he must have preached the gospel Jesus preached. How on earth can the gospel that Jesus Himself preached be far different from the gospel that Paul preached?

2. Also, the fact that you can't recall such a verse does not necessarily mean there is no such verse, do you agree?

Robert Pate

Banned
If Paul preached the gospel of Christ as he said he did, then he must have preached the gospel Jesus preached. How on earth can the gospel that Jesus Himself preached be far different from the gospel that Paul preached?

2. Also, the fact that you can't recall such a verse does not necessarily mean there is no such verse, do you agree?

Jesus did not preach the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Jesus was a teacher of the law. The law reveals the nature of God and the sinfulness of man. Jesus was preparing the Jews for the Gospel. When Peter preached the Gospel on the day of Pentecost the Jews accepted Christ as their savior by the thousands, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

Samie

Jesus did not preach the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Jesus was a teacher of the law. The law reveals the nature of God and the sinfulness of man. Jesus was preparing the Jews for the Gospel. When Peter preached the Gospel on the day of Pentecost the Jews accepted Christ as their savior by the thousands, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.
It's God Who justifies the ungodly and reconciles people to Himself, not the gospel. The verses you used say so.

It appears that you really have forgotten the verse that EXPLICTLY tells us the gospel that Jesus Himself preached. Do you want me to tell you, or you want to search for it yourself?

Robert Pate

Banned
It's God Who justifies the ungodly and reconciles people to Himself, not the gospel. The verses you used say so.

It appears that you really have forgotten the verse that EXPLICTLY tells us the gospel that Jesus Himself preached. Do you want me to tell you, or you want to search for it yourself?

The scripture says that Jesus reconciles us to God, "God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf, that justifies us and reconciles us to God. Jesus is our substitute and representative.

Jesus did not preach a Gospel that justifies the ungodly and reconciles us and the world unto God. He left that up to the apostles. This is why Jesus commanded them to go into all the world and preach the Gospel, Mark 16:15. The Gospel was made known to the apostles on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:1-13 and was preached by Peter, Acts 2:14-47.

Samie

Jesus did not preach a Gospel that justifies the ungodly and reconciles us and the world unto God. He left that up to the apostles.
Until now you choose to be evasive with what is actually asked. I am not asking you what He did not preach. I am asking you to show the verse that EXPLICTLY tells us what He preached. If you have forgotten the verse, then tell me so I can show you the verse.

Robert Pate

Banned
Until now you choose to be evasive with what is actually asked. I am not asking you what He did not preach. I am asking you to show the verse that EXPLICTLY tells us what He preached. If you have forgotten the verse, then tell me so I can show you the verse.

Jesus preached the law. The law is not the Gospel. Anything that tells us to do something is law. If you think that you can be saved by what you do, or by a commandment from Jesus, think again.

Samie

Jesus preached the law. The law is not the Gospel. Anything that tells us to do something is law. If you think that you can be saved by what you do, or by a commandment from Jesus, think again.
Where in the Bible does it say that when Jesus preached the gospel He preached the law? If you can't provide the verse, then you are simply making an assumption. But this is another issue.

Back to our issue, do you know the verse that EXPLICITLY says what Jesus said when He preached the gospel? If you know, show me. If you forgot the verse, tell me, and I'll show you.

What prevents you from either showing me the verse if you know, or telling me you forgot and I'll show you? Is your life at stake if you choose any of the two options?

clefty

Scripture points to Him...starting at Moses He taught them all concerning Him...

Can't have gospel without the Law...what need for salvation a savior at all if it's do what thou wilt...

Even Satan merely believes He is the Son of God and he also has faith He can save...

But he lacks results consequence evidence of that faith, belief, grace, in dwelling Spirit...his fruits reveal something else

Nanja

Anything that tells us to do something is law. If you think that you can be saved by what you do, or by a commandment from Jesus, think again.

Yet that's exactly what you believe and continuously preach:

Believe on Him... Call upon Him.

But those are works only a person who has been quickened / Born of the Spirit can do and please God!

Rom. 8:7-9
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Yet that's exactly what you believe and continuously preach:

Believe on Him... Call upon Him.

But those are works only a person who has been quickened / Born of the Spirit can do and please God!

Rom. 8:7-9
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

~~~

Those that are in the flesh are lost sinners. They either have not heard the Gospel, or they heard the Gospel and rejected it.

There is only one quickening. It comes by hearing and believing the Gospel. God does not just zapp people with the Holy Spirit. You have to hear and believe the Gospel. This is why Paul wrote, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

Nanja

Those that are in the flesh are lost sinners. They either have not heard the Gospel, or they heard the Gospel and rejected it.

There is only one quickening. It comes by hearing and believing the Gospel. God does not just zapp people with the Holy Spirit. You have to hear and believe the Gospel. This is why Paul wrote, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

Those that are in the flesh are carnal, never been born again.
Nothing they do can please God Rom 8:7-8.

A person must first be quickened by God before he can hear God's Words which are Spiritual John 8:43, 47!

And the only Faith that pleases God is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Call it zapp if you like, but being quickened, born again is all God's Action!

~~~